+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: GERMANY 2 - 1 SWEDEN. Match thread

Re: GERMANY v SWEDEN. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    I know it's not of the actual match, but...

Lovely.
    Even a couple of birds for Sludge as well.
    I'm glad the commentators have informed me of Boatengs boot collection. I can sleep easy tonight.

10 mins to go.

1-1

A Sweden winner sends Germany home, a draw means Sweden v Mexico could end a draw to send Germany home.

A Germany down to 10 men

2-1 germany. 15 seconds from the end

Unbelievable 2-1 Germany

Re: FT: GERMANY 2 - 1 SWEDEN. Match thread

Gutted for Sweden, but what a player Toni Kroos. He’s looked Germany’s only good player for me, and got them out of trouble with a world class strike.

They absolutely deserved that. Brilliant from Kroos. This is becoming a very good World Cup

GET IN THERE

🇸🇪 paid the price for being too timid there. Fair do’s to 🇩🇪.

That guys reaction is why we all love football but what a great game to watch this world cup has been great so far some terrific games

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    They absolutely deserved that. Brilliant from Kroos. This is becoming a very good World Cup
    Germany may have won the second half but could have been two or three goals down by half-time - don't think you can say they absolutely deserved that.

Gutted for Sweden. Apart from shot hitting the post and good save from header I can't remember too many other clear cut chances for Germany. Germany don't deserve to progress based on how they played their first two games and now probably will with either the fantastic Mexicans or Swedes to miss out.

The anti-German commentary was pretty silly all the way through and then arse-licking them at the end was cringeworthy. Both teams rode their luck but Germany were the stronger team and I feel deserved that win in the end, although I did feel really sorry for Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    The anti-German commentary was pretty silly all the way through and then arse-licking them at the end was cringeworthy. Both teams rode their luck but Germany were the stronger team and I feel deserved that win in the end, although I did feel really sorry for Sweden.
    Yep they dominated the second half. I don’t feel sorry for Sweden. They were incredibly negative in the second half and got what they deserved. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Germany may have won the second half but could have been two or three goals down by half-time - don't think you can say they absolutely deserved that.

Gutted for Sweden. Apart from shot hitting the post and good save from header I can't remember too many other clear cut chances for Germany. Germany don't deserve to progress based on how they played their first two games and now probably will with either the fantastic Mexicans or Swedes to miss out.
    Sweden have done very little. They did very little in the second half. If they miss out so be it

I love football

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

You must've tuned in late then. Germany had one cleared off the line after two minutes.
    As good as Mexico have been, and I'm a fan of their style, Germany deserved a draw from that game really.

The best team won. Much to the annoyance of the English commentators, who were creaming over the thought of Germany going out.

What I liked about Germany was the last 3 or 4 minutes.
    They didn't just lump the ball into the box frantically hoping for a break, they played it around waiting for the opening as if they knew it was only a matter of time before an opportunity they'd score.

All the big boys will be sick that they got the win as I believe Germany will grow into the competition.

Great FK for the winner, shifting the ball like that was a master stroke, that will be replicated a few times next season.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    What I liked about Germany was the last 3 or 4 minutes.
    They didn't just lump the ball into the box frantically hoping for a break, they played it around waiting for the opening as if they knew it was only a matter of time before an opportunity they'd score.

All the big boys will be sick that they got the win as I believe Germany will grow into the competition.
    Yep and they nearly scored three times in the final ten minutes when they were down to ten men. The header tipped over, the shot that hit the post and then the goal. They will only get stronger from here.

A lot of people are forgetting Spain lost their first game of the 2010 WC.
    Germany will probably go on to dominate this now.

The commentary and punditry for this game was bizarre. Sweden are a good side, and they kept telling us as much. But Germany, despite fielding the chuckle brothers as a center back partnership, dominated them. The idea that Sweden should have been further ahead in the first half ignores that Germany could have had a handful early on in the game too. And the second half was played entirely in the Swedish half. No mean feat when you remember that they were up against Sweden, who are actually quite good and needed a result too.

In many ways it was similar to the England game, but Sweden are a better side than Tunisia. I don't see how beating a decent side can ever be a terrible peformance and to be honest, Germany should have put the game to bed before the amazing, dramatic finish.