+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swiss v Serbs (sanctions?)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Swiss v Serbs (sanctions?)

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    As a conflict it challenge the word of human.

Those players are a disgrace, as thousands died, they should be banned and sent home now , bloody hell, people on either side were slaughtered, tortured ,innocents in villages pillaged , and they want to make a hand gesture statement, privalged tossers.
    Xherdan Shaqiri was a war refugee as a result of Serbian actions, so very privileged

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Xherdan Shaqiri was a war refugee as a result of Serbian actions, so very privileged
    I am not a historian, but I doubt whether in the course of time whether the atrocities were as one sided as you imply. There is no place for any celebration in football that refers to civil war.

Imagine an English player doing something relating to WW1 or WW2 in a match with Germany ... is that acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    I am not a historian, but I doubt whether in the course of time whether the atrocities were as one sided as you imply. There is no place for any celebration in football that refers to civil war.

Imagine an English player doing something relating to WW1 or WW2 in a match with Germany ... is that acceptable?
    How many of the England squad were directly affected by those wars the way Shaqiri has been?

Where is this implication in my post? I'm just saying why Shaqiri would do it