+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: ENGLAND 6 - 1 PANAMA. Match thread

Re: ENGLAND v PANAMA. Match thread

What's the world cup record? Sure I remember there's been 9-0. The way Panama are reacting, this could top it.

Oh **** they'll be creaming all over this. Once they come up against a good midfield I think they'll struggle and I'm confident Belgium will beat them

Belgium will rest a few players and England will beat them, they could go a long long way in this tournament.

On another note, some of the penalty area wrestling is absolutely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Oh **** they'll be creaming all over this. Once they come up against a good midfield I think they'll struggle and I'm confident Belgium will beat them

To be fair it is a good performance and I think England fans have every right to think as much. But the one thing that they've got right this time is that expectations are sensible. Everyone knows that Panama are shit and on the BBC coverage anyway, nobody is pretending that this means anything more than qualification from the group stage.

You can only play what’s in front of you and a great finish by Lingard !

I hope they don’t get too carried away as Panama are shocking! No reason with possible opposition in next round why they can’t get to last 8 or maybe 4

They’re doing well. That 4th goal was beautifully worked and obviously well planned

Spot on.

I don't think the coverage or media in general have gone over the top at all and nor will they do after this.

They look a good strong unit and have a nice blend to the squad.

Panama though :) friendly or not I'm baffled how we drew with them, they look well out of their depth. The grappling at penalties is just stupidity.

What’s cheesing me off is that if Panama just tried to play football and not MMA this could well be just 1-0 or 2-0. They are embarrassing. Not the only team either. It’s spoiling the World Cup for me. And with 48 teams in the next one we’ll have more of this I fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    What’s cheesing me off is that if Panama just tried to play football and not MMA this could well be just 1-0 or 2-0. They are embarrassing. Not the only team either. It’s spoiling the World Cup for me. And with 48 teams in the next one we’ll have more of this I fear.
    Agree. I think England have only one goal from open play in this world cup.

6-0 Kane hat trick and he never knew, ball deflected off his heel

Is Kane getting the credit for that?! In any case - 6-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Panama should be likeable but they are not. Dirty cynical cheats
    South American's , get the gun boats out ,charge 😐

Is Kane getting the credit for that?! In any case - 6-0.
    He touched it last.

Even though it was on target from Loftus-Cheek, Kane will be given it.

If it had hit a defender then it would have been L-C's goal

They reward the attacking player with the last touch but don't penalise the defender if they divert an on target effort

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    6-0 Kane hat trick and he never knew, ball deflected off his heel
    Classy back heel the lad knew it and stepped in genius ?
    Messi you watching?

It’s coming home, apparently.

6-1

Terrible defending, great finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    6-1

Terrible defending, great finish.
    6-7 on the cards

Could that goal be important? England don't seem interested in scoring more, but would they now finish second if they draw with Belgium?

Panama drawing the second half. Puts it all into perspective now, eh?

What do you mean? There isn't a second half, this game finished 40 mins ago.

Panama attempt to score first World Cup goal.

Could that goal be important? England don't seem interested in scoring more, but would they now finish second if they draw with Belgium?
    Exactly - 6-0 and you f*cked it up

Apparently England top of the group in the event if a draw due to some fair play rule.... have less bookings than Belgium.

I assume if England have more bookings in the Belgium game that could be reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Apparently England top of the group in the event if a draw due to some fair play rule.... have less bookings than Belgium.

I assume if England have more bookings in the Belgium game that could be reversed.
    Yep. If they draw and England pick up one booking more than Belgium, then they draw lots.

I don't know what happens if Belgium get a yellow and England get a straight red.

Either way, it was a bit careless of them not to get another goal in the second half.

Good performance from England although Panama very poor.
    Real test will come in the next round as neither side will want injuries in Belgium game.