+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pundits, experts etc..

Pundits, experts etc..

Since the start of the WC, there have been a few posts criticising pundits, experts, commentators and how irritating they are detracting from the viewing experience.

We've had Martin Keown's "Argentinia", Roy Keene's seeming dislike of everything, the OTT rhetoric from the dual commentary (Brotherton & Kilbane) and the 5-page "Lady commentator"!

I watched the very enjoyable Belgium v Tunisia game and spotted another couple that I found irritating.
    Anyone notice Phil Neville "whispering" when trying to emphasize a point?

Also, in the summarising, Gary Lineker managing to find a stat which allows a panel member to come up with a line about Lineker himself.
    It's normally worse when Shearer is in there with him as they shamelessly pat each other in the back bigging each other up
    Wonder how long before he gets a mention after Kanes performance.

Anyway, it's heartening for me reading these posts as it shows that I'm not the only grumpy old b@stard on here.

Any others we've have missed?

Re: Pundits, experts etc..

Danny Murphy is very biased

Mark Lawrenson still exists

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Mark Lawrenson still exists
    Mark Lawrenson is like a miserable black hole sucking all the joy out of the game of football.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Since the start of the WC, there have been a few posts criticising pundits, experts, commentators and how irritating they are detracting from the viewing experience.

We've had Martin Keown's "Argentinia", Roy Keene's seeming dislike of everything, the OTT rhetoric from the dual commentary (Brotherton & Kilbane) and the 5-page "Lady commentator"!

I watched the very enjoyable Belgium v Tunisia game and spotted another couple that I found irritating.
    Anyone notice Phil Neville "whispering" when trying to emphasize a point?

Also, in the summarising, Gary Lineker managing to find a stat which allows a panel member to come up with a line about Lineker himself.
    It's normally worse when Shearer is in there with him as they shamelessly pat each other in the back bigging each other up
    Wonder how long before he gets a mention after Kanes performance.

Anyway, it's heartening for me reading these posts as it shows that I'm not the only grumpy old b@stard on here.

Any others we've have missed?
    Ahhh I’m glad some else has picked up on this , Phil Neville is so irritating that it’s putting me off watching the game when he is co commentating

Plus all of lineakers hand gestures and arm waving

I don't know what it is about Murphy but he makes we want to bang my head against the wall. I can honestly say not one game I've watched where I haven't been annoyed but either the commentary or the pundits. Oh great now phil Neville is on

Unbelievable Jeff.

Lineker lasted about 5 minutes after the end of the England game.
    He mentioned about Harry Kane's hat-trick and the match ball.
    "Yes, you do get to keep the match ball even in world cups"

Shameless!

What's going on here? People are complaining that former England footballers support England? It's punditry not journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What's going on here? People are complaining that former England footballers support England? It's punditry not journalism.
    You've missed the point here NYC.
    Here's a clue, self praise = no praise.

Lee Dixon is the cure for insomnia as well.
    I quite like Danny Murphy, Jenas, Bilic and Martin O'Niell.
    Eni Aluko is just there because she's black and a woman. Two birds, one stone for ITV.

Daily mash have picked up on Linker's false modesty too:

Daily mash

Don't listen then if it's all so annoying, do what we do down the City have a poo or a pint .

You've missed the point here NYC.
    Here's a clue, self praise = no praise.
    It's a fair cop. I had beer for breakfast today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Danny Murphy is very biased
    Great commentator , generally very fair . Great on talksport as well , always enjoy listening to him.

Roy Keane really doesn't want to be in that company

ITV seem to be far more negative than the beeb, is that the matches they have, or the people they have doing the punditry.

On the bbc it's a festival of football, and on ITV they make it seem like an endurance event we are making them slog through at times.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's a fair cop. I had beer for breakfast today.
    I had hoped that was the case, I'll let you off with a caution

For one awful moment it seemed that you'd got a bit homesick and gone all soft on us.

I had hoped that was the case, I'll let you off with a caution

For one awful moment it seemed that you'd got a bit homesick and gone all soft on us.

Haven't seen much on TV but the radio commentary on 5 live is appallingly biased & Chris Waddle is by far the worst.

All tossers especially shearer

Guy Mobrey needs a sweet sharp kick in the bollox the knob head.