+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ingerlund ........ What changed on Sunday!

Ingerlund ........ What changed on Sunday!

Until Sunday the press played it all down.
    Now they have fallen into the trap Bigging up Super England everywhere.
    6 goals against Panama and not even a clean sheet. Big deal.

Super England are set up for one of their massive collapses again. The press have just made it all the sweeter.

Re: Ingerlund ........ What changed on Sunday!

Fcuk off ingerland..

That was a 2-1 game if Panama hadn’t insisted on wrestling. Gave it away.

They haven't come up against a decent team yet.
    If they beat Belgium by 3 0r 4 goals even I will start believing their hype.

'The world will sit up and take notice after this result' was the funniest comment i heard. Cant sait for the w@nkers to get eliminated 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    'The world will sit up and take notice after this result' was the funniest comment i heard. Cant sait for the w@nkers to get eliminated 🤗
    Me too. It is coming in the round of 16. A VAR decision that eliminates them in the 90th minute against ?

The reaction as always is over the top but they do genuinely have a chance for the first time since 98. The difference then was that France, Holland, Argentina and Brazil were decent sides.
    There are absolutely no stand out teams among the big boys here and it's up for grabs for teams like Croatia and England.

From what I've seen Ingerland are nothing special. Fek me if City played Barry Town and didn't stuff 'em something'd be up. Panama were a bunch of muppets and a cricket score was expected. I watched Columbia last night and they gave Poland a good kicking which was great to watch. As a Taff I cannot get behind Southgate's lot and look forward to someone giving them a good pasting in the next round. Thursday's game against Belgium is a dead rubber so gonna play golf and enjoy the peace. Shame our boys aren't there but heyho a treat in store as the fall is imminent.

They played Panama?
    2 pens and a deflection helped.
    Hopefully Belgium will spank them on Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    They played Panama?
    2 pens and a deflection helped.
    Hopefully Belgium will spank them on Thursday
    Tunisia had a player who plays for Sunderland, Panama had a player who once had trials for Forest, so two pub teams basically, Belgium and england might prefer to finish in second place. england's first real test will be in the knockout stages. I must confess to being a tad nervous, but deep down feel confident they'll lose in a meaningful match against a decent side.

I wouldn't be opposed to them doing well. They aren't all bad and a few of my mates were happy enough to cheer on Wales at the euros.

Don't see the big deal myself, if they won it what impact would it seriously have on your life?

I'm far more annoyed at the fact we blew qualification as opposed to anything anyone else might do at the tournament.

Having watched bits of most of top teams I can't say I've been overly impressed with any of the fancied nations.

I actually live in England and every couple of years I go through the same rigmarole. They get to a major championship and the Press and the BBC big them up. I actually start off a bit indifferent to how they will do. I have a lot of English friends and neighbours so I keep quiet so as not to upset people. But then my mood changes, the redtops start crowing about how good they are and then that jug-eared clown Lineker and that bald pillock Shearer get in on the act and I have to go into seclusion otherwise I will end up upsetting the whole neighbourhood. It soon ends in tears but until then I stay out of the pub and watch the games at home. I predict that those same newspapers and pundits will be calling for Southgate's head by the end of next week. Can't come quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Don't see the big deal myself, if they won it what impact would it seriously have on your life?
    I don't mind the England football team as an entity but the press would be unbearable if they won. They still bang on about 1966, I can do without spending the rest of my life hearing about "The heroic lions of Russia"

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I don't mind the England football team as an entity but the press would be unbearable if they won. They still bang on about 1966, I can do without spending the rest of my life hearing about "The heroic lions of Russia"
    Know what you mean but I feel for them a bit. Any longer and there will be a full on re-enactment of the 66 run directed by Danny Boyle.

Plus any home nations success may give us a bit of a kick up the ass, thought the follow up to the Euros was awful. We really got a bit complacent and messed up a great chance of getting to a world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Know what you mean but I feel for them a bit. Any longer and there will be a full on re-enactment of the 66 run directed by Danny Boyle.

Plus any home nations success may give us a bit of a kick up the ass, thought the follow up to the Euros was awful. We really got a bit complacent and messed up a great chance of getting to a world cup.
    With any luck there will be an alternative directed by Frankie Boyle.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    This.

So many chips on shoulders. At least they got there. We should have got there. Pathetic we didn't. They'll have the last laugh on us whatever.