+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Farage and how he profited from Brexit

Re: Farage and how he profited from Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Smiling and pointing at the sterling crash...
    Pound is lower versus the US dollar today than it was on Brexit morning. Your boys, the Political Class, want a weak currency. It's why the base rate is at 0.5%, the same as it was in June 2016. Why is it 0.5% when CPI inflation is at 2.4%? It's to steal from the value of workers' labour and savers' savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    Yup, quite right. Thought it was stupid then, still think it's stupid now
    Nige's numerous verbal assaults at the EU parliament against the unelected New World Order schemers were the stuff of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I note that the Remoaners' two-year long sulk show no sign of abating.
    Should have bought some currency at the time , might be happy bunnies now .

I don't want a weak currency. I wouldn't say I'm in the political class - I'm from Trecenydd FFS

I'm just a bloke that does a fair amount of work in Europe and is worried about the future

Pound is lower versus the US dollar today than it was on Brexit morning. Your boys, the Political Class, want a weak currency. It's why the base rate is at 0.5%, the same as it was in June 2016. Why is it 0.5% when CPI inflation is at 2.4%? It's to steal from the value of workers' labour and savers' savings.
    Nah I don't think they would be after the values of workers' labour and savers' savings,they'd be after the real dosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    I don't want a weak currency. I wouldn't say I'm in the political class - I'm from Trecenydd FFS

I'm just a bloke that does a fair amount of work in Europe and is worried about the future
    I know a lot of European ladies of the night equally worried about the rise and fall !

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Should have bought some currency at the time , might be happy bunnies now .
    Had I been privvy to some polling data that pointed to a leave result I may well have done so

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yes, the author specifically debunked the above story directly, and also added that it was covered in the book, hence the reason why I posted it.
    Nice simple yes or no question for you. I watched the coverage of the Brexit result pretty closely and I would imagine you did too.

Do you recall anyone mentioning the result of a privately commissioned exit poll? I know I don't

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Nah I don't think they would be after the values of workers' labour and savers' savings,they'd be after the real dosh.
    It is and has been official policy for donkey's years of the Political Class to target an annual 2% devaluation of sterling. The pound is supposed to be a means of exchange and a store of wealth. Inflation is the primary mechanism for transferring wealth upwards. That's how, according to Oxfam's research, 42 people people possess the same net wealth as half the world's population, or 3.7 billion people.

"Your boys, the Political Class"

= unionist, status quo parties.

= unionist, status quo parties.
    I'm not entirely sure why you've said status quo parties are "my boys"

I presumed you always turn out to vote for one of the status quo parties, and I still do because to me a plant pot would be quicker to discern that those parties are fundamentally the same.

I presumed you always turn out to vote for one of the status quo parties, and I still do because to me a plant pot would be quicker to discern that those parties are fundamentally the same.
    Maybe the man who predicted Obama would still be US president throughout 2017 shouldn't be so quick to compare others to plant pots.