+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What's the most anybody's won on this World Cup so far?

What's the most anybody's won on this World Cup so far?

I like a £1 correct score accumulator myself, won £88 on Brazil vs Costa Rica/France vs Peru.

I'm sure I'm on the lower end of winnings though...

Re: What's the most anybody's won on this World Cup so far?

Very tenuous link for me to blag that I won £145 in the Telegraph Championship FFL last season from a £5 stake.

I'm level so far.

Thinly veiled I haven't placed a bet yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Very tenuous link for me to blag that I won £145 in the Telegraph Championship FFL last season from a £5 stake.
    You have stretched the use of the word tenuous here Mr Baloo. Nice achievement though.

I had £80 on Colombia @13/10 against Poland , my first bet of the World Cup this time round. Been away in France where Paddy Power doesn’t let you have a bet .
    Hence I am in front.

I'm 6p up on the penny falls at Whitby this week. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by not telling View Post
    I'm 6p up on the penny falls at Whitby this week. Does that count?
    Yes .
    You are the 3rd highest winner on the CCMB board .
    I have put 40ew on the germans out of my winnings.

I'm down £3 after putting it on France to beat Denmark 2-1. Forgetting they both needed a draw

This has lead to a hasty retreat from betting, although Uruguay at 25/1 & Mexico at 33/1 to win the tournament is quite tempting

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm down £3 after putting it on France to beat Denmark 2-1. Forgetting they both needed a draw

This has lead to a hasty retreat from betting, although Uruguay at 25/1 & Mexico at 33/1 to win the tournament is quite tempting
    Not very generous when you factor in that neither of those teams stand any chance of winning the tournament. Surely Croatia look the most attractive of previously unfancied teams.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Not very generous when you factor in that neither of those teams stand any chance of winning the tournament. Surely Croatia look the most attractive of previously unfancied teams.
    I can see either of these reaching the semis fairly easily

Croatia traditionally are fairly good at flattering to deceive although they would have a fairly straightforward route to the semis based on how things have gone so far

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd suggest either of those teams winning the World Cup would be far less of a surprise than Leicester winning the Premier League was.

Also, I recall you were adamant Barry Obama had nil chance of becoming US president.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'd suggest either of those teams winning the World Cup would be far less of a surprise than Leicester winning the Premier League was.

Also, I recall you were adamant Barry Obama had nil chance of becoming US president.
    Not sure you, of all people, want to start playing the 'predictions gone wrong' game.

I'm doing very well on penalty goal minutes....just picking carefully my games.
    Tonight i'm on penalty SMM's bought at 32 for £10 so could lose £320 ....but won't!
    Serbia Brazil.

Fingers crossed.

I'm playing with winnings before anyone says I'm a rich bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I'm doing very well on penalty goal minutes....just picking carefully my games.
    Tonight i'm on penalty SMM's bought at 32 for £10 so could lose £320 ....but won't!
    Serbia Brazil.

Fingers crossed.

I'm playing with winnings before anyone says I'm a rich bastard.
    Well that backfired

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

I think I was pretty confident about Obama winning. I didn't think Trump stood a chance though. Until about 7pm on election night.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I can see either of these reaching the semis fairly easily

Croatia traditionally are fairly good at flattering to deceive although they would have a fairly straightforward route to the semis based on how things have gone so far
    Mexico have gone from 33 to 66/1. Lump on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Yes .
    You are the 3rd highest winner on the CCMB board .
    I have put 40ew on the germans out of my winnings.
    Added to my fifty on the Germans minus 2 a perfect night at the bookies .
    Any winnings wiped out ( as they always are eventually )

Apart from a winner on Argentina to beat Nigeria BTTS Tuesday night I cant pick my nose on the football.

Luckily, I won a few hundred on the machines this last two weeks, which covers the football losses and about £200 profit, so im thinking of just giving the £200 to the wife before I lose the rest of it.

Heisenberg

F**k all so far on the World Cup. Managed to get about £160 profit out of Bobby Reid on Football Index yesterday though.