+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT: DENMARK 0 - 0 FRANCE. Match thread

FT: DENMARK 0 - 0 FRANCE. Match thread

Starting striker v France today..

Re: Andreas Cornelius

I think we were probably a bit quick to judge . He's obviously held in higher regard for Kenneth who would command a good fee. He would probably suit our style well now from what I've seen .

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I think we were probably a bit quick to judge . He's obviously held in higher regard for Kenneth who would command a good fee. He would probably suit our style well now from what I've seen .
    Wrong signing at wrong time for us.

Starting in dead rubber game.

Three goals this season in twenty three games in Serie A this season hardly suggested we failed a world beater.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Unfortunately - signed by Malky at the wrong time, wrong price and was never given the chance - Would you sign him Toady ..... Thats the question - No from me

Best of luck to the fella - Got his monies worth for the 6 months he was here

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Wrong signing at wrong time for us.

Starting in dead rubber game.

Three goals this season in twenty three games in Serie A this season hardly suggested we failed a world beater.
    Hardly the record of the dud he was made out to be.

How about we see how he does today, I, for one, have not seen him play more than a few minutes since he left us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Hardly the record of the dud he was made out to be.
    Almost a 1 goal every 8 games ratio impresses you?

At the time, he was a dud. You can't separate him from his fee and wages. From handed no 9 shirt "guy who will score goals to keep us up" very quickly became "one for the future".

If fee say 1.5m, wages a lot less then we'd have had time to keep in, see if he could develop.

DENMARK v FRANCE. Old boy Cornelius starts

Merged thread

Re: DENMARK v FRANCE. Old boy Cornelius starts

More stats ;)

Europa league - in squad 7 games. Started 0. Came on as sub 4, remained on bench 3 times.
    Played a total of 25 minutes, an average of 6 minutes per game.
    Yes, scored against Everton, 88th, 90th minutes. Only goals in Europa league last season.

Serie A?

In squad 32 games. Started 8 games. Came on as sub 15 times, 9 games an unused sub.
    Played full 90 minutes a whopping twice.

He's at best a squad player at Atalanta. He may well have found his niche as a player in that role, if so, good for him... but it just goes to show what an awful buy he was for us.

At the time, he was a dud. You can't separate him from his fee and wages. From handed no 9 shirt "guy who will score goals to keep us up" very quickly became "one for the future".

If fee say 1.5m, wages a lot less then we'd have had time to keep in, see if he could develop.
    The guy is scoring goals in a top league , that doesn't impress you obviously.

When he was here there were a few contributing factors to his eventual demise.

He didn't start well , his fellow pros were jealous of his wages and sceptical of his ability .
    He was only a young lad in a foreign country , not made welcome by his teammates and eventually used as a pawn by the owner.
    Surprised to see he is still in football.

Would have loved to see Kenneth Zahore at the world cup with Denmark - thought he'd done enough over the past season to make the 23 man squad

Denmark need a point to ensure qualification, but if Australia fail to win (and they are losing) Denmark go through whatever happens v France.

The guy is scoring goals in a top league , that doesn't impress you obviously.

When he was here there were a few contributing factors to his eventual demise.

He didn't start well , his fellow pros were jealous of his wages and sceptical of his ability .
    He was only a young lad in a foreign country , not made welcome by his teammates and eventually used as a pawn by the owner.
    Surprised to see he is still in football.
    3 goals in a top league, below the quality of the Prem.

3 goals. Equal 7th top scorer for Atalanta.

He can't even regularly start, which part of that isn't being grasped?

As I've said, his problems weren't solely his fault - Mackay bigged him up as something he wasn't. Far lower fee, far lower salary then he'd have been a punt / development player.

The rest of your post just makes excuses for him. Maybe it's some kind of way of blaming the club for "ruining" him, who knows.

His history has shown he's capable of scoring well in Denmark. Outside there, even keeping a regular starting place is a major struggle for him. Evidence has shown he's not that good, we've not lost out on the next Messi.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Would have loved to see Kenneth Zahore at the world cup with Denmark - thought he'd done enough over the past season to make the 23 man squad
    Not up to Cornelius high standards. Unfortunately.

3 goals in a top league, below the quality of the Prem.

3 goals.

He can't even regularly start, which part of that isn't being grasped?

As I've said, his problems weren't solely his fault - Mackay bigged him up as something he wasn't. Far lower fee, far lower salary then he'd have been a punt / development player.

The rest of your post just makes excuses for him. Maybe it's some kind of way of blaming the club for "ruining" him, who knows.

His history has shown he's capable of scoring well in Denmark. Outside there, even keeping a regular starting place is a major struggle for him. Evidence has shown he's not that good, we've not lost out on the next Messi.
    I am sure he is starting in the world cup today .
    Have a look and see if its the same on your tele?

It's not a goal every 8 games as most of those games were cameos from the bench.
    Across all competitions he's played the equivalent of 13 games and scored 6 goals, which is very handy.
    Just the league he's scored 3 in the equivalent of 10 games which is decent.

He is. Well done for reading.

That clearly makes him the greatest striker ever; why Atalanta must be idiots for only allowing him to play very few games and very few starts.

I blame Tan.

That's not a very big piece of bait you are using to hide your hook Jimmy...

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It's not a goal every 8 games as most of those games were cameos from the bench.
    Across all competitions he's played the equivalent of 13 games and scored 6 goals, which is very handy.
    Just the league he's scored 3 in the equivalent of 10 games which is decent.
    The question then is, since he's such a quality goalscorer why is his playing time so restricted. Starts games? Rarely finishes them.

That's odd since he's great according to Jimmy or decent according to you.

He's at best a squad player. capable of filling in; shame really as physically you'd think he'd be the perfect mould these days.

We couldn't carry him on that fee or wages. Would have been silly not to cut losses when we did.

The question then is, since he's such a quality goalscorer why is his playing time so restricted. Starts games? Rarely finishes them.

That's odd since he's great according to Jimmy or decent according to you.

He's at best a squad player. capable of filling in; shame really as physically you'd think he'd be the perfect mould these days.

We couldn't carry him on that fee or wages. Would have been silly not to cut losses when we did.
    He was used as a political pawn , hopefully, even you acknowledge that?

There was a lot of hand wringing on here at the time (not uncommon, I know)

The guy has gone on to have a fairly decent career in football AND if my TV is to be believed he is playing in the world cup 2018
    Not bad for a dud .

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    That's not a very big piece of bait you are using to hide your hook Jimmy...
    Correct... I feel my work here is over .

He's done OK so far. Won everything in the air and put in a brilliant cross for Eriksen.

He was used as a political pawn , hopefully, even you acknowledge that?

There was a lot of hand wringing on here at the time (not uncommon, I know)

The guy has gone on to have a fairly decent career in football AND if my TV is to be believed he is playing in the world cup 2018
    Not bad for a dud .
    He was not a political pawn, that's utter bollocks even by your standards. People may have wrung their hands, evidence has been shown he's a squad player at best. Was it Tan bigging him up? Your point thus only holds up if you're claiming Mackay used him as a pawn, which would make zero sense.

Panama players are playing in World Cup 2018, for reference.

Denmark has a small pool of players, he's certainly able to provide something different as a squad player. Would Zohore have been a better choice? Difficult to say, certainly played more but not consistent, not a goalscorer. Cornelius has the goals back in Denmark behind him, sure.

He was a dud of a buy for us, certainly.

He was not a political pawn, that's utter bollocks even by your standards. People may have wrung their hands, evidence has been shown he's a squad player at best. Was it Tan bigging him up? Your point thus only holds up if you're claiming Mackay used him as a pawn, which would make zero sense.

Panama players are playing in World Cup 2018, for reference.

Denmark has a small pool of players, he's certainly able to provide something different as a squad player. Would Zohore have been a better choice? Difficult to say, certainly played more but not consistent, not a goalscorer. Cornelius has the goals back in Denmark behind him, sure.

He was a dud of a buy for us, certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    He's done OK so far. Won everything in the air and put in a brilliant cross for Eriksen.
    That's enough of that kind of talk .