+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: DENMARK 0 - 0 FRANCE. Match thread

Re: Andreas Cornelius

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    How about we see how he does today, I, for one, have not seen him play more than a few minutes since he left us.
    Last time I saw him he was warming up for a City game. I was in Row Z and he aimed a practice shot directly at my face

Re: DENMARK v FRANCE. Old boy Cornelius starts

Accrington Stanley did it!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    The question then is, since he's such a quality goalscorer why is his playing time so restricted. Starts games? Rarely finishes them.

That's odd since he's great according to Jimmy or decent according to you.

He's at best a squad player. capable of filling in; shame really as physically you'd think he'd be the perfect mould these days.

We couldn't carry him on that fee or wages. Would have been silly not to cut losses when we did.
    He's behind Andrea Petagna at Atalanta, who is a very similar type of player.

Looks like the first 0-0

Lets hope that's put the mockers on it

I wish France had Zidane in charge they certainly wouldn't be as boring then

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He was used as a political pawn , hopefully, even you acknowledge that?

There was a lot of hand wringing on here at the time (not uncommon, I know)

The guy has gone on to have a fairly decent career in football AND if my TV is to be believed he is playing in the world cup 2018
    Not bad for a dud .
    But at the time, he looked like a parks player, watching him try and trap a ball was like watching a game between U7's

Hope both sides get knocked out in the next round, their fans have paid good money and travelled to watch a practice atch

If Wales were playing out a 0-0 to get through to the last 16, I don't think there'd be many complaints from the traveling fans.

I can see why the neutrals would be annoyed though.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    If Wales were playing out a 0-0 to get through to the last 16, I don't think there'd be many complaints from the traveling fans.

I can see why the neutrals would be annoyed though.
    Australia were 2-0 down, the Danes would have known that

Besides, there are other ways to play out a draw rather than what they served up

Re: FT: DENMARK 0 - 0 FRANCE. Match thread

France have stunk the place out so far this world cup

Smile Re: Andreas Cornelius

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Last time I saw him he was warming up for a City game. I was in Row Z and he aimed a practice shot directly at my face
    Had he met you?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Accrington Stanley did it!
    He was at his best at Accrington. He even had Tom Heaton in the stands cheering him on.

His best wasn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    He was at his best at Accrington. He even had Tom Heaton in the stands cheering him on.

His best wasn't very good.
    Shhh, political prawn and all that.

Re: FT: DENMARK 0 - 0 FRANCE. Match thread

I don't get why the conversation about Cornelius still seems to be about what he did or didn't do for us five years ago (a subject that's been done to death since then). Nobody appears to have anything to say about what he did in the World Cup yesterday .
    For me, he had a thankless task, but didn't do too badly and I was surprised to see him being used down the sides as much as he was as opposed to him being a traditional target man - he put over a superb cross which almost led to a goal (it was about as close as Denmark came to scoring), won most of the headers he challenged for and held things up pretty well, a six out of ten performance for me in a match where many merited no more than four or five - both of the teams have been among the most boring in the competition to my mind..

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    Had he met you?
    No, he was doing it to everybody His closest shot was 10 feet over the bar!