Midfielders (3 out of 4?)
    Arslan - transfer
    Grujic & Snodgrass on loan
    Gunnar to sign up

Centre forward?

Right back? Does NW consider Bruno / Pelts sufficient

5 or 6 signings & 2 loans in total?

Re: The missing links now Junior has signed

Snodgrass would be an amazing signature . Grujic a positive retention.
    Cant see Gunnars waving hands style being a hit in the premier league.

Jazz Richards will be fine at right back

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Interesting, I think he's 3rd choice at best behind Bruno & Pelts and will be on his way before the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Interesting, I think he's 3rd choice at best behind Bruno & Pelts and will be on his way before the season starts.
    I think he's better than either at right back, and was hugely unlucky to miss pretty much the entire second half of the season injured after that outrageous challenge from De Bruyne (funny how there was no widespread hysteria over that tackle). Peltier is solid, but limited, Manga looks a liability at right back.

Manga not a full back. Peltier not good enough. RB needed.

Right back. 2 central midfielders - all 3 1st choice.

Back up striker , right side midfield.

Tend to agree with this in terms of ability. However, his injury record is very poor. If he can maintain his fitness, I think he may surprise a few people next season.

Peltier is far better

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Peltier is far better
    Utterly agree. Peltier is incredibly solid defensively. If our gameplan is to hit on the break, that's far more important than whatever Jzz offers other than a) being Welsh and b) being rejected from out youth setup.

To be honest, he’s been a big disappointment.

Injured half the time and afraid to take a man on, overlap or cross at others. Nowhere near the level of Bennett on the other side going forward and not as good a defender as either him or Peltier.

Behind Peltier on the pecking order and is just a squad cover player now.

Hard to see what future he’s got here. Might be a good signing for our neighbours

Again... we didn't keep Jazz through the youth setup.

We're going to need defenders this coming season. I'm struggling to see anyone claiming he's better defensively than Peltier.

Peltier is far better
    Peltier Will be next season's Ben Turner. He will be allowed to have the ball cos he'll give it straight back.
    He'll be ok for man to man job's on players like Zaha but that's as far as it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    To be honest, he’s been a big disappointment.

Injured half the time and afraid to take a man on, overlap or cross at others. Nowhere near the level of Bennett on the other side going forward and not as good a defender as either him or Peltier.

Behind Peltier on the pecking order and is just a squad cover player now.

Hard to see what future he’s got here. Might be a good signing for our neighbours

I don't think that is fair to be honest. Admittedly Jazz is very right footed, so I think him playing left back is crazy.

I think he didn't get forward when he was on the right cos he was under instruction not to. A lot of teams played a lopsided formation where on full back is allowed to commit and I don't think it a coincidence that Ralls played on the left with Bennett.

Jazz acquitted himself very well for Wales against some top wingers including Hazard so I think as long as he remains fit he'll do fine.

I don't think that is fair to be honest. Admittedly Jazz is very right footed, so I think him playing left back is crazy.

I think he didn't get forward when he was on the right cos he was under instruction not to. A lot of teams played a lopsided formation where on full back is allowed to commit and I don't think it a coincidence that Ralls played on the left with Bennett.

Jazz acquitted himself very well for Wales against some top wingers including Hazard so I think as long as he remains fit he'll do fine.
    It's not a coincidence because much like Bennett, Ralls is left footed.

Jazz may have acquitted himself well for Wales but he's waaaaayyyyyy behind Gunter in terms of being regular right back. Indeed, he's not even a regular for Wales.

Piltdown Man. Our new No 6.

Peltier is far better
    Yep ,much better defender just not a modern wing back ,merge the two into one Jazz Peltier is the business.

Darcy Blake looked good for Wales.

I’m judging him on 2 seasons at City.

For me he’s not good enough. He’s had several years now to prove himself here, at Fulham and at Swansea.

If anyone is being treated unfairly here it’s Peltier who was excellent week in week out and the comment about his passing is definitely unfair as he doesn’t tend to play long balls but gives it to others.

And that’s from someone who was saying we should sign Richards 6 months before we did

Ideally we should be looking for someone better than both of them

Peltier is a consistent 7/10. You know what you get from him. Better that than Jazz - I honestly can't see what he offers apart from being Welsh.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It's not a coincidence because much like Bennett, Ralls is left footed.

Jazz may have acquitted himself well for Wales but he's waaaaayyyyyy behind Gunter in terms of being regular right back. Indeed, he's not even a regular for Wales.
    Wayyy behing gunter - who is also not good enough for the premier league
    would honestly rather stick with pelts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Darcy Blake looked good for Wales.

I’m judging him on 2 seasons at City.

For me he’s not good enough. He’s had several years now to prove himself here, at Fulham and at Swansea.

If anyone is being treated unfairly here it’s Peltier who was excellent week in week out and the comment about his passing is definitely unfair as he doesn’t tend to play long balls but gives it to others.

And that’s from someone who was saying we should sign Richards 6 months before we did

Ideally we should be looking for someone better than both of them
    Peltier is an honest player and a good old school defender but technically he's our worst player at our club by a mile. Whenever he receives the ball his body shape is prepared to ping the line. I'm sorry but we need more than that.

Peltier is an honest player and a good old school defender but technically he's our worst player at our club by a mile. Whenever he receives the ball his body shape is prepared to ping the line. I'm sorry but we need more than that.
    This

Peltier might be good at rough and tumble but offers very little at full back I would keep as cover for CB or play him in a CB formation of 3, I don't think jazz is a bad player but his medical record lets him down

Offers little other than tackling. Clearly we should consider ball players like Manga or instead play Jazz.

Staggering.

In my view we need another striker . Chopra mccormack type. Flawed therefore ok budget but 10/15 goals..?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Offers little other than tackling. Clearly we should consider ball players like Manga or instead play Jazz.

Staggering.

Staggering my arse.

I think Jazz is better on the ball than Peltier and is also a decent defender.

I certainly wouldn't be averse to adding someone in that position but I do think Jazz could be relied on if he stays clear of injury.

I personally didn't think Bennett could defend until Warnock worked with him. (Or Jepson and Blackwell)

Now he's become a good all round full back.