+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Danny Ings

Danny Ings

Wants regular first team football and is prepared to leave Liverpool to get it.

Is he in our price range, would he fit, would he stay fit?

Re: Danny Ings

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Wants regular first team football and is prepared to leave Liverpool to get it.

Is he in our price range, would he fit, would he stay fit?
    Not in our price range, this link suggests £60,000 a week.

https://www.express.co.uk/pictures/s...sportgalleries

We've got Bogle ffs

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Not in our price range, this link suggests £60,000 a week.

https://www.express.co.uk/pictures/s...sportgalleries
    That's 3 million a year, if he was free I think we could make that kind of stretch.
    But he won't be free.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That's 3 million a year, if he was free I think we could make that kind of stretch.
    But he won't be free.
    Danny Ings earning 3 million pounds a year, I despair - the game is ****ed.

If he wants first team football he's likely to reduce his wage demands, would that put him in our price range? Maybe

A loan deal would work well, with us paying a percentage of wages

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I liked Omar Bogle, good work ethic, got stuck in, scored a couple of great goals - we never gave him much of a chance.
    If ings wants first team football - he needs to do a couple of things

1. Forget silly wages - how greedy does he want to be - he will never be short of money again in his life
    2. Find a club where he has a chance of regular first team appearances
    3, Up his game to warrant anything close to be being a 1st team regular

As you were Danny boy
    His loan stint went shockingly bad. Couldn’t hack league 1

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    When was that?

Ah Bogle, sorry thought you were still talking about ings

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It wasn't a successful loan, but in my view he was more than hacking the Championship before that!

Bogle looked decent when he had a chance. That sending off in Bristol didn’t go down well with Warnock. I seem to remember him saying some disparaging remarks from Warnock about him in a few press conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Bogle looked decent when he had a chance. That sending off in Bristol didn’t go down well with Warnock. I seem to remember him saying some disparaging remarks from Warnock about him in a few press conferences.
    Better goalscoring record than Zohore or people's Idol Danny "oopps my knees are ****ed" Ings but hey ho.

I suspect they love Ings due to being closet Liverpool fans more than anything else...

Is he the new Winston Bogarde

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Better goalscoring record than Zohore or people's Idol Danny "oopps my knees are ****ed" Ings but hey ho.

I suspect they love Ings due to being closet Liverpool fans more than anything else...
    Ings scored more than 20 goals in a season in the championship as a 21/22 year old, but yeah, Bogle.

Ings scored more than 20 goals in a season in the championship as a 21/22 year old, but yeah, Bogle.
    The only season Ings has scored more than 20 a season but yeah Ings with the ****ed knees. The same Ings who scored a whopping 3 goals in the Championship the season before. The same 5ft 10in Ings who would thrive as the lone striker in our formation.

The only season Ings has scored more than 20 a season but yeah Ings with the ****ed knees. The same Ings who scored a whopping 3 goals in the Championship the season before. The same 5ft 10in Ings who would thrive as the lone striker in our formation.
    ow many seasons has bogle scored more than 20? and at what level?

ow many seasons has bogle scored more than 20? and at what level?
    Granted one at league 2 as well you know.

Bogle however can consistently ****ing scored. Duh, 1 every 2 versus 1 every with dodgy knees.

Ings had one good season that got him a big money move.

Bogle scored for us with f*ck all service;got a third of the goals Zohore scored with far less games after all.

Bogle is a goalscorer whose physique suits the style Warnock wants.

But whatever... whatever Ings does at whatever level given his gimpy knees, someone will claim we should have signed him.

Christ, you really are tiresome

Rating Danny Ings ahead of Omar f*cking Bogle has nothing to do with being a "closet Liverpool fan" but it means I can actually engage my brain, something you appear unable to accomplish.

This season, Ings scored as many Premier League goals as Bogle did in League 1 (1) in fewer appearances, better goalscoring record? Only if you include the Conference North

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Christ, you really are tiresome

Rating Danny Ings ahead of Omar f*cking Bogle has nothing to do with being a "closet Liverpool fan" but it means I can actually engage my brain, something you appear unable to accomplish.

This season, Ings scored as many Premier League goals as Bogle did in League 1 (1) in fewer appearances, better goalscoring record? Only if you include the Conference North
    And another idiot for the ignore list.

Ings had one - repeat it, one good season 5 years ago.

And another idiot for the ignore list.

Ings had one - repeat it, one good season 5 years ago.
    Would that be the season where he scored 21 goals in the Championship? Which is higher than any season Bogle's had in a division higher than the Conference North

11 in the Premier League for Burnley as well, which is more than Bogle has scored in the Championship & League 1 combined (7)

Ignoring someone based on them disagreeing with you? Pathetic, either grow a pair and debate or don't put your views out in the first place if you're scared of people disagreeing

Ings is class, id take him even on 60k a week.

Bogle is a decent championship player but they aren’t on the same level ability wise by a long way.

Ones is a class player imo, but he’s made of glass, I’m not sure we can afford to take the chance.

There were arguments overnight about a few City players and one that someone wants us to sign where people spoke for and against all concerned, but isn't the point here that it doesn't matter what we think, Neil Warnock will make the decision anyway - maybe I'll be proved wrong, but I think our manager wouldn't want Danny Ings at Cardiff (it would have to be on a vastly reduced wage for him to, perhaps, become interested in bringing him here), will not see Jazz Richards as his number one right back, is very likely to see start with Lee Peltier at right back (a 31 year old who has never played Premier League football on any sort of regular basis might struggle to justify such faith mind) and would want Aron Gunnarsson to stay with us. I think many City fans would have had a fair idea of what a "Warnock type" player would be before he came here, but, if they didn't know then, they must do now - Peltier and Gunnarsson are definitely Warnock type players.