+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: ICELAND 1 - 2 CROATIA. Match thread

FT: ICELAND 1 - 2 CROATIA. Match thread

Can Aron Gunnarsson lead Iceland to the last 16?

They have to win to be in with a chance. Anything less and they go home.

Re: ICELAND v CROATIA. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Can Aron Gunnarsson lead Iceland to the last 16?

They have to win to be in with a chance. Anything less and they go home.
    That would be nice, and stop the Argies qualifying.

France vs Iceland equals the two most boring teams in the tournament

Gunnarsson almost scored. 0 - 0 at HT

nine changes from croatia.

good effort from gunnar

Croatia 1-0 Iceland.

Terrible few mins for Iceland with Nigeria scoring as well

1-0 Croatia

Iceland level. They need two more goals. And nothing else to happen in the other game

Croatia 2-1.

Aron heading home

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Croatia 2-1.

Aron heading home
    Ah well. That'll give him more time to find that big money move his performances have deserved.

Re: FT: ICELAND 1 - 2 CROATIA. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Ah well. That'll give him more time to find that big money move his performances have deserved.
    Give over mate. There haven't been many better servants than Aron Gunnarsson to this club over the last 20 years. He's never moaned about anything and has always been willing to put his body on the line, I hope he signs a new contract cos he embodies everything out team has been about under Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Give over mate. There haven't been many better servants than Aron Gunnarsson to this club over the last 20 years. He's never moaned about anything and has always been willing to put his body on the line, I hope he signs a new contract cos he embodies everything out team has been about under Warnock.
    He's not Prem quality and you know it. I don't disagree about his past efforts but if our aim is to survive in the Prem we need better. We promoted without him for most of the season, after all.

His aim was to maximise his income in final big contract of career. That's perfectly fine, a business decision. Cuts both ways, club need to act in best interest of the club and that's getting better quality in.

What has happened to Sigurdsson? He's not nearly the player he was for Swansea.

He's not Prem quality and you know it. I don't disagree about his past efforts but if our aim is to survive in the Prem we need better. We promoted without him for most of the season, after all.

His aim was to maximise his income in final big contract of career. That's perfectly fine, a business decision. Cuts both ways, club need to act in best interest of the club and that's getting better quality in.
    I agree, though I'd happily have Gunnarsson on the bench and in reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What has happened to Sigurdsson? He's not nearly the player he was for Swansea.
    Big fish in a small pond? Now he's moved to a better club where he isn't guaranteed a starting place and can't run the show, his game has suffered.

Like I said I think he'll be good for the squad and certainly wouldn't let us down. Your post was flippant and he deserves more respect than that.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Like I said I think he'll be good for the squad and certainly wouldn't let us down. Your post was flippant and he deserves more respect than that.
    I'm sure he'll get over it. He's after all the one who deigned to agree to possibly sign if we promoted.

If only Iceland had Bogle, eh?