+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Reid

Bobby Reid

Re: Bobby Reid

I was told the same lol

I am a big fan of our now annual approach to pissing off Bristol City fans by going after their best players

I think he would be an excellent signing for us.
    Gets goals, can play upfront, behind the striker or in midfield and works a hell of a lot harder than Lee Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    I am a big fan of our now annual approach to pissing off Bristol City fans by going after their best players
    Top quality shithousery by us if true

If he ends up signing for us, they'll all be calling him shit within hours.

I can just picture now, Neil and Lee Johnson sat at the table negotiating

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    A certain fan, in particular

If it goes through, it'll be another great signing.

Apart from last season I don't know a lot about him, still relatively young so would be good but 10m? There must be better in foreign markets for this sort of money, not saying Reid wouldn't be a success here mind.

Otib already calling him one season hit and 10m is good but you would have to be lucky to replace those goals without investing most of it. Probably answered the first part of my post to be fair.

Are teamtalk generally any good with rumours or is it more clickbait stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Apart from last season I don't know a lot about him, still relatively young so would be good but 10m? There must be better in foreign markets for this sort of money, not saying Reid wouldn't be a success here mind.

Otib already calling him one season hit and 10m is good but you would have to be lucky to replace those goals without investing most of it. Probably answered the first part of my post to be fair.

Are teamtalk generally any good with rumours or is it more clickbait stuff?
    Well if welshlad is posting it I think there maybe some truth in it

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Well if welshlad is posting it I think there maybe some truth in it
    As posted earlier this morning before name was released, it was delicate. Other interested clubs and potential backlash from Bristol fans towards Reid.

Hopefully the fact BBC etc are now reporting its progressing well.

Club have worked their bollocks off

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    As posted earlier this morning before name was released, it was delicate. Other interested clubs and potential backlash from Bristol fans towards Reid.

Hopefully the fact BBC etc are now reporting its progressing well.

Club have worked their bollocks off
    Also assume he wouldn't have to move house, so less upheaval.

These are some smart signings Warnock is making to be fair. Players who are ready to prove themselves at a higher level and with the gaffer's man management skills should do well for us, and work hard for sure.

I'm glad we're not going the foreign route and these transfer fees are reasonable in what is a highly inflated market.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    These are some smart signings Warnock is making to be fair. Players who are ready to prove themselves at a higher level and with the gaffer's man management skills should do well for us, and work hard for sure.

I'm glad we're not going the foreign route and these transfer fees are reasonable in what is a highly inflated market.

Another factor is that top Championship players from clubs that haven't just come down from the Premier League (Bristol City, Norwich, Preston) are unlikely to be on inflated wages. Any contract with Cardiff can be within the club's wage structure. Unlike some of the other names that have done the rounds this summer from recently relegated Championship or Premier clubs where reported wages are well over £50/60k pw. That has to be good for sustainability and changing room harmony.

When it comes to players who have only done it in one season, it helps that the season in question was last season!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Also assume he wouldn't have to move house, so less upheaval.
    He might have to when Jursett starts chucking bricks at his windows!

Cracking little player ....... Will be extremely happy if he signs

Bobby Reid in stats

A few key bits of information about Cardiff City transfer target Bobby Reid:

- He scored 19 goals in the league last season, 21 in all competitions
    - Also picked up seven assists
    - Was named in both EFL and PFA Championship teams of the year
    - Can play as a main striker, No.10 or across the midfield in a deeper position
    - Has attracted transfer interest from West Brom, among others

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...mours-14833087

Reaction from Bristol City fans:

'Bristol City selling Bobby Reid to Cardiff City is like getting punched in the face'

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...y-reid-1720582

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

'Bristol City selling Bobby Reid to Cardiff City is like getting punched in the face'

Another factor is that top Championship players from clubs that haven't just come down from the Premier League (Bristol City, Norwich, Preston) are unlikely to be on inflated wages. Any contract with Cardiff can be within the club's wage structure. Unlike some of the other names that have done the rounds this summer from recently relegated Championship or Premier clubs where reported wages are well over £50/60k pw. That has to be good for sustainability and changing room harmony.

When it comes to players who have only done it in one season, it helps that the season in question was last season!
    Yeah agree with your points. Shrewd by Warnock, and if we come down after one season we'll have hell of a squad for another promotion push!

It’s carnage on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Gets goals, can play upfront, behind the striker or in midfield and works a hell of a lot harder than Lee Tomlin.
    there a lot of others who would worker harder than Tomlin, not a good choice as a standard to measure , Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Without a doubt mate. Really hope it comes off.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Cracking little player ....... Will be extremely happy if he signs