+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bobby Reid

Re: Bobby Reid

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Also assume he wouldn't have to move house, so less upheaval.
    Still 5 months of bridge tools to pay thou'

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Still 5 months of bridge tools to pay thou'
    Tag already written into the contract

They sold Flint as well yesterday, they aren't going to be happy

World class shithousery from Warnock and co

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Also assume he wouldn't have to move house, so less upheaval.
    Still 5 months of bridge tolls to pay thou'

Tools v Tolls ... Freudian!

A little confused about Reid.

Is he the striker we are waiting for or the creative midfielder, or both! Or neither ?

He's a Bristol boy as well, came through the academy and everything

Leaves for their biggest rivals

Pretty sure he'd be a striker for us, best season of his career last season after being moved further forward

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    A little confused about Reid.

Is he the striker we are waiting for or the creative midfielder, or both! Or neither ?
    I'd still like to see us bring in a player with Premier League experience. I liked the link to Andre Gray, but that seems to have gone quiet.

People are calling him a one season wonder but before last season he was playing on the wing. So yeah his stats as a striker look odd.

We seem to be signing a lot of players who are Championship standard. I really rate Smithies but why are we paying £4m when we already have Etheridge, who was outstanding from December onwards. Reid is a bit of a one season wonder, but maybe these are the types of fees we have to pay in the current market. Murphy the same. AT least they are young and eager and won't cost a huge amount in wages. Cunningham was good, but apparently hasn't done so well since his injuries. And we have Bennett.

But I think a lot is to do with living within our means, anybody like Snodgrass and other experienced PL players will be on huge money. I think we still need a creative midfielder and another striker.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    But I think a lot is to do with living within our means, anybody like Snodgrass and other experienced PL players will be on huge money. I think we still need a creative midfielder and another striker.
    Personally I'd like to see both but Snodgrass as a loan.

£10M +/- each
    Snodgrass on double the wages
    Reid is 7 years younger
    Snodgrass isn't that experienced in the PL, 102 games in total, 3 out of his 15 seasons, the majority of those 5 years ago for Norwich.

Both would be great but Reid is the better investment if buying.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    We seem to be signing a lot of players who are Championship standard. I really rate Smithies but why are we paying £4m when we already have Etheridge, who was outstanding from December onwards. Reid is a bit of a one season wonder, but maybe these are the types of fees we have to pay in the current market. Murphy the same. AT least they are young and eager and won't cost a huge amount in wages. Cunningham was good, but apparently hasn't done so well since his injuries. And we have Bennett.

2 players for each position, at least

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    2 players for each position, at least

a bit unfair on the opponents, but what the hell, flood the midfield.