+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official: Bobby is a Bluebird

Official: Bobby is a Bluebird

Re: Bobby is a Bluebird

Charlie must be in meltdown mode by now

Great signing so much pace in the side now just need a midfielder and a right back now

Re: Official: Bobby is a Bluebird

Cardiff City have announced a second signing today with Bristol City striker Bobby Reid crossing the Severn to join the Bluebirds.

Again the fee is undisclosed but this deal is thought to be worth around £10m.

Reid was named in the EFL and PFA Teams of the Season. The 25 year old scored 19 League goals last season for the Robins.

C:WindowsTempphpD891.tmp
    Pic: www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk

“I’ve been after Bobby for a while now. I like the lad," said Neil Warnock.

“By all accounts he’s great around the dressing room. He can play in a number of positions and his best is yet to come.

“Players like Bobby and Josh Murphy are hungry, and that is what we need now. We’re very happy to bring Bobby in.”

Re: Bobby is a Bluebird

Fair play to the club ....... what a cracking signing

Looking forward to the start of the season

City taking the gif

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    City taking the gif

They will be in meltdown over that.

Premier League p!sstaking.

Things are looking good

Well Jurshit did get something right, when he said Bobby would be playing premier football this season.

Not quite how he meant it, me-thinks, though

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Well Jurshit did get something right, when he said Bobby would be playing premier football this season.

Lol

Loving the meltdown on OTIB 😂😂😂

There are a lot having a meltdown but to be fair I would say they're just not thinking this deal through. I'm a Bristol City fan who lives in Cardiff, I'm not one of the Bristol City fans who hates Cardiff, in fact I like to see them do well and I couldn't care less about the "rivalry".

What I have to say is I don't think there are any winners in this deal except Bobby himself. He now has a chance to be seen in the Premier League and being as he's a very hard worker with pace and determination I think no matter what team he plays in that'll never be questioned.

The issue we have as a seller in this deal is that we lose that work ethic and someone who can score those poacher type goals in the Championship, the positive being we've got a fantastic price for a player who's only had one good season in his entire career for us.

The issue you have as a buyer is that he's only had one good season and the real thing that's caught the attention is his goals but if you watch this seasons goals he scored for us he's scored a fair few penalties and a lot of goals you just wouldn't have been scored in the Premier League meaning if he can't score goals what you've bought is a striker who will work hard and can play a decent pass. The positive being that he will work hard at all times, I'd certainly have been upset had you still been in the Championship as that IMHO is the right level for him right now.

All in all I think you've over-paid and I'm obviously fine with that as you have the money to spend after your promotion and we're benefitting from it. I'd obviously rather we'd have kept him but being as he only had one year left on his contract he may very well have walked on a free next pre-season so to get £10m for him I'm laughing.

I genuinely hope he does progress for you, obviously living in Cardiff if I see him in or around town or out and about I'll wish him well but I think the only reason a lot of our fans are having a meltdown is because he's gone to you and they can't look past the now. In hindsight we bought Matty Taylor from Bristol Rovers and we had a right laugh as not only was he their top striker and we'd knicked him but he was also great at league one level, the funny thing is the joke was on us as he's been bang average and ended up sat on the bench most of the season despite being much like Bobby in that he's hard working and motivated. So I genuinely hope for Bobby's sake that he's not your Matty Taylor, if he is then at least if the worst comes to be and you're relegated at least you'll have someone ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spike C View Post
    There are a lot having a meltdown but to be fair I would say they're just not thinking this deal through. I'm a Bristol City fan who lives in Cardiff, I'm not one of the Bristol City fans who hates Cardiff, in fact I like to see them do well and I couldn't care less about the "rivalry".

What I have to say is I don't think there are any winners in this deal except Bobby himself. He now has a chance to be seen in the Premier League and being as he's a very hard worker with pace and determination I think no matter what team he plays in that'll never be questioned.

The issue we have as a seller in this deal is that we lose that work ethic and someone who can score those poacher type goals in the Championship, the positive being we've got a fantastic price for a player who's only had one good season in his entire career for us.

The issue you have as a buyer is that he's only had one good season and the real thing that's caught the attention is his goals but if you watch this seasons goals he scored for us he's scored a fair few penalties and a lot of goals you just wouldn't have been scored in the Premier League meaning if he can't score goals what you've bought is a striker who will work hard and can play a decent pass. The positive being that he will work hard at all times, I'd certainly have been upset had you still been in the Championship as that IMHO is the right level for him right now.

All in all I think you've over-paid and I'm obviously fine with that as you have the money to spend after your promotion and we're benefitting from it. I'd obviously rather we'd have kept him but being as he only had one year left on his contract he may very well have walked on a free next pre-season so to get £10m for him I'm laughing.

I genuinely hope he does progress for you, obviously living in Cardiff if I see him in or around town or out and about I'll wish him well but I think the only reason a lot of our fans are having a meltdown is because he's gone to you and they can't look past the now. In hindsight we bought Matty Taylor from Bristol Rovers and we had a right laugh as not only was he their top striker and we'd knicked him but he was also great at league one level, the funny thing is the joke was on us as he's been bang average and ended up sat on the bench most of the season despite being much like Bobby in that he's hard working and motivated. So I genuinely hope for Bobby's sake that he's not your Matty Taylor, if he is then at least if the worst comes to be and you're relegated at least you'll have someone ready to go.

Thing is, as mad as it sounds that price isn’t that much these days, even for a championship striker. If he can bang a few in great, if not then no doubt he will should we go down.

If it doesn't work out and we get relegated we've got a player on a 4 year contract who will tear up the championship. If it does work out he'll either move on for massive money or will have kept us in the premier league. Either way it's a win win and the fact we've got Bristol City's best player just makes it even sweeter

I like this signing

The fee is “up to £10m”. £7m upfront.

I think he's a promising signing and fits into the 'pacy, counterattacking' type of player mould we seem to be going for.

I think Spike has presented the potential positive spin for Bristol and at this moment in time we really don't know whose got the better end of the deal. Really looking forward to finding out though. Next season is starting to get interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    The fee is “up to £10m”. £7m upfront.
    I've seen £9m up front, £8m up front and now you say £7m, not quite sure which one is correct but being as we would have taken £500k prior to this season it's still a great deal for us.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    If it doesn't work out and we get relegated we've got a player on a 4 year contract who will tear up the championship. If it does work out he'll either move on for massive money or will have kept us in the premier league. Either way it's a win win and the fact we've got Bristol City's best player just makes it even sweeter
    If it doesn't work out and you do get relegated I have no doubt he'll be great but you're also paying 4 times the amount per week as we did and that would have to fall into place in the FFP. Obviously you have parachute payments if you come down but with a 4 year contract that's three years you could end up paying him 4 times the amount we did in the Championship.

Another factor that I'd imagine a lot of Cardiff fans are not aware of is that this is his first season playing in the striker position, before that he was an attacking midfielder. His conversion from an attacking midfielder to a striker was down to Lee Johnson and the way he set us up to play. A lot of our attacking game was built around Bobby so obviously he was going to be a big feature. Living in Cardiff I have been to a few of your games and I do wonder how Warnock plans on putting him into your squad as I can't see him being the main focus of your attack like he was with us. It'll be interesting either way.

Also, you haven't got our best player, mainly because he's not our player anymore, but also because I'd say Middlesbrough got our best player in Aden Flint and we still have our second best player for now being Joe Bryan. Honestly if Bryan or Flint had gone to you I may have been a little annoyed but they haven't so for now I'm happy for Bobby and just hoping our club invests the money into a good out and out striker.

He will have a relegation clause for defo, like everyone else, including those whose wages probably just doubled on promotion. We won’t be paying him 30k a week if we go down, that’s insanity of OGS proportion. Tan won’t have that, nor would Neil.

Also, you haven't got our best player, mainly because he's not our player anymore, but also because I'd say Middlesbrough got our best player in Aden Flint and we still have our second best player for now being Joe Bryan. Honestly if Bryan or Flint had gone to you I may have been a little annoyed but they haven't so for now I'm happy for Bobby and just hoping our club invests the money into a good out and out striker.
    We could argue that all day but we weren't interested in Flint and Bryan and unless I'm mistaken Reid was the only Bristol City player in the championship 11.

I'm sure Neil has a plan and with the pace of Reid and Murphy added to our existing talent and solid defensive foundations I'm excited at seeing how it all pans out. It might not work out. Time will tell but one things for sure I'd far rather be in our position than yours.

We have Zohore,Reid,Murphy, Hoilett and Mendez-Laing which gives us something we didn’t have last time we were promoted ....PACE!

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    We have Zohore,Reid,Murphy, Hoilett and Mendez-Laing which gives us something we didn’t have last time we were promoted ....PACE!
    Yep we have players who can cause problems for any defence.

Bobby won the BCFC fans' player of the season now known as the one season wonder award last season.

Their best player hopefully able to make the step up with us. Welcome Bobby.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Also, you haven't got our best player, mainly because he's not our player anymore, but also because I'd say Middlesbrough got our best player in Aden Flint and we still have our second best player for now being Joe Bryan. Honestly if Bryan or Flint had gone to you I may have been a little annoyed but they haven't so for now I'm happy for Bobby and just hoping our club invests the money into a good out and out striker.[/QUOTE]

2 posts in 6 years only qualifies you as a lurker not as a commentator on our glorious club and heritage