+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official: Bobby is a Bluebird

Re: Official: Bobby is a Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The sour grapes from them lot is hilarious. You can feel it in every one eyed post they write in a desperate attempt to make themselves feel better about the situation. One of the most enjoyable transfers in my lifetime 😁

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    The sour grapes from them lot is hilarious. You can feel it in every one eyed post they write in a desperate attempt to make themselves feel better about the situation. One of the most enjoyable transfers in my lifetime ��
    It's just an overreaction, no different to when I saw many of my Cardiff City supporting mates talking about winning the Premier League back when you beat Man City in 2013. Every club has fans who over-react in such over the top-embarrasing ways.

My genuine interest is how well Bobby does, I mean Tammy Abraham is twice the striker that Bobby is and when he went to Swansea he wasn't able to make an impact at all. Either way I think both clubs have done pretty well in this deal and whilst there may be a few of your fans laughing and mocking ours there is just as much likelihood that the same fans may see things a completely different way if in 12 months you're back in the Championship or Bobby is a flop.

I've seen Cardiff fans in meltdown, I've seen our fans in meltdown, the bottom line is it doesn't last and fans get over their initial panic and move on. People can argue that Bobby was our best player all they like but the only thing I would have deemed him as is the most improved. We've had some great strikers at the club in the last few years, Kodjia, Abraham, Bobby but the great thing about strikers is they're the easiest position to replace as almost every kid grows up wanting to be the next best striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike C View Post
    It's just an overreaction, no different to when I saw many of my Cardiff City supporting mates talking about winning the Premier League back when you beat Man City in 2013. Every club has fans who over-react in such over the top-embarrasing ways.

My genuine interest is how well Bobby does, I mean Tammy Abraham is twice the striker that Bobby is and when he went to Swansea he wasn't able to make an impact at all. Either way I think both clubs have done pretty well in this deal and whilst there may be a few of your fans laughing and mocking ours there is just as much likelihood that the same fans may see things a completely different way if in 12 months you're back in the Championship or Bobby is a flop.

I've seen Cardiff fans in meltdown, I've seen our fans in meltdown, the bottom line is it doesn't last and fans get over their initial panic and move on. People can argue that Bobby was our best player all they like but the only thing I would have deemed him as is the most improved. We've had some great strikers at the club in the last few years, Kodjia, Abraham, Bobby but the great thing about strikers is they're the easiest position to replace as almost every kid grows up wanting to be the next best striker.
    Johnathan Kodjia was also a one season wonder for Bristol City also, and you deem him great ?

No difference to Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike C View Post

Easiest to replace???? Good strikers are like rocking horse shit! You reckon you’ve had great strikers over the last few years??? Get over yourself man, if you’d have had great strikers you might have got a sniff of a promotion challenge. And I think we realise that Bobby Reid isn’t a great striker, they cost about £50 million + in today’s market. Bristol City I doubt have ever had a great striker (don’t throw John Atyeo or Chris Garland in the ring either, neither could lace Hughie Ferguson’s, Len Davies’s, Trevor Ford’s, John Charles or John Toshack’s boots, Andy Cole pissed off as soon as he could as well)