+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Transfer business so far

Transfer business so far

Whereas only time will tell whether the signings made so far this summer will work out, I have been impressed by the manner in which the signings have been made (which is tricky with so much media attention) and also the type of players that the club has gone for.

It seems like a much more measured approach in comparison to the last time that we got promoted, and a very different type of player being purchased too.

Fingers crossed that they all thrive at the club and that a few more are on the way.

Re: Transfer business so far

Really happy with our signings so far with a view to the future rather than signing has beens who wouldn't give 2 monkeys about us if we got relegated

Delighted with the business to-date. So sensible and exciting.

Young hungry players wanting to prove themselves and with bags and bags of pace.

Also they are likely to stick with us and have another crack if we do get relegated and not breaking the bank in terms of wages.

The 'experience' we need looks to be coming in the form of loans... again something I wholeheartedly agree with. Forking out huge wages and long contracts that experienced premier league players demand comes with huge risks. Relegation means you are saddled with their wages, they often struggle in the championships and you can't get rid of them. Look at Sunderland, they are saddled with players on huge wages that no one else wants or can afford.

Great credit to the club.

I imagine 2 loans, a free and one more transfer to come in.

We may struggle to stay up due to the nature of the premier league but one thing is for certain through the three outfield signings so far, the guile and pace added to the team will make us exciting and unpredictable.

I’m optimistic about our signings so far but we need to see a few going out the door one way or another to balance the books a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I’m optimistic about our signings so far but we need to see a few going out the door one way or another to balance the books a bit
    There will definitely be several going out, mainly loans I suspect for Camp, Bogle, Tomlin, Pilks and 1 or 2 others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Whereas only time will tell whether the signings made so far this summer will work out, I have been impressed by the manner in which the signings have been made (which is tricky with so much media attention) and also the type of players that the club has gone for.

It seems like a much more measured approach in comparison to the last time that we got promoted, and a very different type of player being purchased too.

Fingers crossed that they all thrive at the club and that a few more are on the way.

I agree with the sentiment. However without knowing how much has been committed to, it is hard to be objective.

I'm delighted with the signings so far to be honest, 2 very exciting attacking players in Reid & Murphy and two solid performers in Cunningham & Smithies

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Yeah that is bound to happen.

Has Warnock said how many more players he is after and for which positions?

Last time it felt like we were reacting to agents and scouts who had their players interests at heart and not ours.

The signings were random and only Medel and Caulker came off to any extent.

However the worst part was seeing the likes of those 2 and Frazier Campbell not giving a shi ite in the last couple of games and then finding out they had relegation clauses in their contracts.

I hope the only relegation contracts at the club now are sensible pay cuts if we go down.

Rhys Healey seems to have been forgotten in all the excitement (unsurprisingly) but I'd like to see him go somewhere like the County for a season to see if he can stay fit and show he has potential.

German football, I read when the internet was in love with Klopp's Dortmund, are always baffled with the UK's excitement almost desire to leave transfers to the last minute. I like us this window: we have almost been German in our dealings and it feels like we're in a lot more control.

Decent signings these especially Bobby Reid who is a very good player.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    German football, I read when the internet was in love with Klopp's Dortmund, are always baffled with the UK's excitement almost desire to leave transfers to the last minute. I like us this window: we have almost been German in our dealings and it feels like we're in a lot more control.
    Early signings show a coherent plan IMO, I hate it when clubs leave it late, it hows poor planning and a lack of control

Yes canny signings for the potential this season and back up next year if all goes wrong ,at least we maintain a quality squad if we drop.