+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Missing links part deux!

Missing links part deux!

Ok, so we've signed Junior, Murphy, Cunningham, Smithies & Reid.

At least 2 loans being talked about plus Gunnar to re-sign?

Missing links?

Priority #1 Central Midfield, is this Grujic or somebody much better?

Priority #2 Centre forward, we have Ken, Madine, Ward plus Murphy, Junior, Reid, NML (not forgetting CallumP) plenty of firepower going forward but do we need that "conventional" C/F?

Priority #3 Right back, is it, isn't it, opinions, opinions!

Where do Arslan, Snodgrass & Windass come into it?

1 more signing + 2 loans?

Looks like there will be a few heading for the exit!

Oh & where is Fred?

Re: Missing links part deux!

Right back
    Centre midfield (pref 2)
    Striker

Do we really need a right back?
    I think Jazz will more than hold his own in the Prem plus Peltier rarely lets us down.
    I think a striker and 2x midfielders should take priority.

We won’t be signing a striker. We have Zohore, Madine , Ward , Reid, Pilkington , all can play up top. Signing a first team striker would just push Madine and Zohore down the pecking order. Bad for team harmony.

Though I don't know hardly anything about him, if I could pick one player out of those linked I'd sign Arslan

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Missing links?

Priority #2 Centre forward, we have Ken, Madine, Ward plus Murphy, Junior, Reid, NML (not forgetting CallumP) plenty of firepower going forward but do we need that "conventional" C/F?

Oh & where is Fred?

Main priority is a midfield general
    Next a right back, or right wing back

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Though I don't know hardly anything about him, if I could pick one player out of those linked I'd sign Arslan
    I think the missing link now is a ball playing midfielder and agree that Arslan would fit that requirement from everything I have read.

Midfield x 2 with Premiership experince

2 centre mids, with one being a playmaker and a right back.
    I think Reid was the striker

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Missing links?

Oh & where is Fred?
    midfield is my only concern.

From this and other related threads, there is a unanimous thinking that the midfield general / ball playing / quarterback central midfielder will be the key signing of the summer for us. It's a huge expectation with the potential to be the heartbeat of the team.

Needs to be our biggest signing / loan. Who will it be?

Calcium Patterson at RB, I take want NW said about him not being able to defend with a pinch of salt, 4 2 3 1 formation with Bennett Morrison Bamba and Patterson, two holding midfielders Falls and Grugic
    Hoileit Reid and Murphy with Ken up front
    Cunningham Manga Peltier Gunnersson? NML Madine Ward all decent back ups, I'd still like to see two more CM players come in because in some games I could see us changing to 5 4 1 or even a 5 3 1 1
    Either way most of the players who got us there deserve a chance to prove they can perform in the Premier league

I don't see much of a future for Tomlin Connolly Richards Camp K Harris Healy or Pilkington but you never know with Warnock and one thing is for certain if anyone can improve them or get the best out of them its Neil Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Calcium Patterson at RB, I take want NW said about him not being able to defend with a pinch of salt, 4 2 3 1 formation with Bennett Morrison Bamba and Patterson, two holding midfielders Falls and Grugic
    Hoileit Reid and Murphy with Ken up front
    Cunningham Manga Peltier Gunnersson? NML Madine Ward all decent back ups, I'd still like to see two more CM players come in because in some games I could see us changing to 5 4 1 or even a 5 3 1 1
    Either way most of the players who got us there deserve a chance to prove they can perform in the Premier league

I don't see much of a future for Tomlin Connolly Richards Camp K Harris Healy or Pilkington but you never know with Warnock and one thing is for certain if anyone can improve them or get the best out of them its Neil Warnock
    If I'm honest I totally forgot about Patterson at right back and I do think he'll have a part to play there.

Forgot about Bogle who I think will also be walking through the exit door, shame really as he has pace and a rawness that NW could really make him into a half decent player, from what I hear he lacks the self discipline and application to buckle down and get on with it, seems more interested in living the footballers lifestyle rather than working hard and concentrating on he's development and career, and you only get one chance with someone as savvy as Warnock.

F###ing predictive text does my head in, just seen a number of errors before Tony the TiT jumps in, anyway the guy who invented predictive text has sadly died, he's funfair is next Monkey

After watching Paterson play right back front he grandstand last season. I can confirm he cannot defend.

It will be Interesting to see where he plays next year. I’m guessing Reid is going to be in behind the striker. I don’t thibk he (Paterson) has the skills to play along side Ralls.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    If I'm honest I totally forgot about Patterson at right back and I do think he'll have a part to play there.
    I agree I think Paterson could well end up at right wing back in a back five formation.Don't buy the can't defend comment,Typical Warnock.

With Brooks & supposedly Matt Ritchie back to Bournemouth, does that now free up Dan Gosling & / or Harry Arter

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    I agree I think Paterson could well end up at right wing back in a back five formation.Don't buy the can't defend comment,Typical Warnock.
    The fact that he never played him there makes me think he meant it

Would like another defender as well as midfielder and forward. Thinking back to last season Man City were able to pull our CB out wide and cross into a massive amount of space in the box to score - it's one way we'll be attacked this year - and we're in a position where we can spend on a long term replacement to Bamba.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The fact that he never played him there makes me think he meant it
    IIRC, Warnock didn't play him at RB because, due to his injury, he didn't feel that he was able to turn quickly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    IIRC, Warnock didn't play him at RB because, due to his injury, he didn't feel that he was able to turn quickly enough.
    He played right back one game. I was sat in the Grandstand watching him right in front of me. Warnock and the coaches were trying to talk him through it.