+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Giggs

Giggs

I'm not sure if this is true, did Giggs refer to England tonight as we?

If so, how embarrassing for you. Cardiff born, a huge number of caps and national team manager.

Re: Giggs

He certainly did then referred to England as "they or you" after the match.
    It's almost as if he was told during the 2nd half to not say "we or us".

When you first came on here I thought you might have some interesting things to say and add. Sadly it looks as if you're yet another wind-up merchant on a fishing trip.

Regarding your post. Who cares? In my view, it would come over as slightly pathetic not to identify as supporting the England team vs Belgium when he's invited to be a pundit by a British TV station commenting on a game involving them.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    When you first came on here I thought you might have some interesting things to say and add. Sadly it looks as if you're yet another wind-up merchant on a fishing trip.

Regarding your post. Who cares? In my view, it would come over as slightly pathetic not to identify as supporting the England team vs Belgium when he's invited to be a pundit by a British TV station commenting on a game involving them.
    Excuses, would he refer to Scotland as we?

Wind up merchant? Ffs he's embarrassed himself and Welsh fans I'd be disgusted. Call it as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Excuses, would he refer to Scotland as we?

Wind up merchant? Ffs he's embarrassed himself and Welsh fans I'd be disgusted. Call it as it is.
    People seem to get worked up about the most trivial things theses days.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's very poor form for our national team's manager to refer to our most hated 'rivals' as we. I can't see how it's acceptable... even in a "theses" *wink*

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It's very poor form for our national team's manager to refer to our most hated 'rivals' as we. I can't see how it's acceptable... even in a "theses" *wink*
    Not everyone 'hates' rivals, old fruit. I have hosted soirées for every England game so far as most of my friends are English and they are mature enough to not be enveloped in hate of any description.

Trivial? Fair enough, if you think that's acceptable from a so called Welshman and national team manager then fair enough .

Personally I'd be embarrassed,. If its the norm for Welsh fans too, who am I to judge? Good luck against Colombia

Not everyone 'hates' rivals, old fruit. I have hosted soirées for every England game so far as most of my friends are English and they are mature enough to not be enveloped in hate of any description.
    Do you refer to England as 'we'?

Do you refer to England as 'we'?
    No but Giggs has plied his trade in England for all of his career and partially identifies with his fellow UK citizens, some of whom he may have played with. Nobody died. I live in England and many of my English friends wished Wales well during the Euros as they appreciated a certain commonality.

Heisenberg

Do you call Swansea, "we"?

Edit: Also, a country isn't the same as football team. I hate the England national team, but not English people. I can separate the two.

No but Giggs has plied his trade in England for all of his career and partially identifies with his fellow UK citizens, some of whom he may have played with. Nobody died. I live in England and many of my English friends wished Wales well during the Euros as they appreciated a certain commonality.
    Have you thought of campaigning for a Team GB?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Do you call Swansea, "we"?

Edit: Also, a country isn't the same as football team. I hate the England national team, but not English people. I can separate the two.
    You enjoy your hate, fella.

Have you thought of campaigning for a Team GB?
    Nah, I follow Wales and am proud to do so. I don't need any hate in my soul to support my club and country. Weird, eh?

Heisenberg

Is that it?

Ffs its nothing to do with hate. I couldn't care less about the England team.

You've turned this around completely. Its about Giggs, not the English.

Talk about fecking blinkered.

Ffs its nothing to do with hate. I couldn't care less about the England team.

You've turned this around completely. Its about Giggs, not the English.

Talk about fecking blinkered.
    Heisenberg introduced the concept of hate. I responded to that comment. Best check the thread properly before calling me 'fecking blinkered', old boy.

Heisenberg introduced the concept of hate. I responded to that comment. Best check the thread properly before calling me 'fecking blinkered', old boy.
    Old boy? Soirée?

Stop being such a pretentious twat.

You're embarrassed as any other Welsh fan. You just can't bring yourself to admit it.

Take a look at Twitter, I think you'll find the English taking the piss out of you too

Old boy? Soirée?

You're embarrassed as any other Welsh fan. You just can't bring yourself to admit it.

Take a look at Twitter, I think you'll find the English taking the piss out of you too
    Oh dear. Mature debate seems to have descended into personal insults and you maintain that my thoughts are opposed to what I write because you think differently. Says a great deal.

To be fair, he shouldn't be referring to another country's national team as 'we'. It was awkward to watch.

Oh dear. Mature debate seems to have descended into personal insults and you maintain that my thoughts are opposed to what I write because you think differently. Says a great deal.
    Just imagine TBG, if Giggs gets us qualified for the Euros in 2 yrs time. How will the haters cope with that?

Old boy? Soirée?

Wouldn’t say it was any more embarrassing than your lot excepting a bung from FIFA to stop moaning about Thierry Henry’s handball against you. 😂

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Just imagine TBG, if Giggs gets us qualified for the Euros in 2 yrs time. How will the haters cope with that?
    I can imagine it now. We draw England again..... *dream sequence*

Giggs: "Look lads, we need to concentrate on our right flank as our left side is fragile. Our fullback, Rose, is the weak link defensively... we won't be able to cope with a full-on attack down that side. We won't know what will hit us!"

Mature debate? I'm telling you not debating with you.

English fans are taking the piss on twitter. Are they full of hate too?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Leave the haters excuse at the door.

He's embarrassed himself. Nothing worse than blind loyalty.