+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Giggs

Heisenberg

Re: Giggs

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What was his choice?
    Play for Wales or retire from international football at a relatively early age.

I hope he's not implying the other thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Billox, as you know well.

Social media is full of Welsh and England fans angry or taking the piss.

The national media there have picked up on it also.

Since when have you been spoken for most?
    You didn't tell us Twitter was pissed off! Well, that settles it, its a matter of national importance!

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    ..and when the chips were down and he was the best British player of his generation and had to make a choice (because he had one)as to which country he’d represent at international level why did he do?

Slip of the tongue... nothing more. He probably wants England to do well as do I. I’d feel the same about Scotland and Ireland too (but not the ROI as they’re not British)
    His choice was between Wales and Sierra Leone, he was never eligible for England

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Didn't Giggs represented England at schoolboy level? If so, he would be entitled to say "we".

No, he represented English Schools - different thing.

As his mum is English, and he must’ve surely qualified under the residency rule, is it really true that England wasn’t an option for him?

Like why can Sterling play for England but Giggs couldn’t?

I think the main point is being missed here though. He is Wales manager. The only international team he should refer to as "we" is Wales. He's lived in Manchester most of his life, but I bet he wouldn't refer to Man City a "we" if he as a pundit during a game they were playing in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    As his mum is English, and he must’ve surely qualified under the residency rule, is it really true that England wasn’t an option for him?

Pretty sure the girl who was in the same class as me in Pentrebane junior school in the late sixties is Kairdiff born and Kairdiff bred

His mother is Welsh. From Cardiff.

I always thought she moved back to Manchester. God knows why I thought that.

Well how about the residency rule? Sterling was born in Jamaica and he’s eligible for England.

I believe that it's to do with a rule change in the 90's.

Giggs could NEVER have played for his Ingurlish national team under the rules at the time.

Well how about the residency rule? Sterling was born in Jamaica and he’s eligible for England.
    Didn't they move from Cardiff, because his father took the money to play rugby league. ?

If i was welsh but lived in Timbuktu all life, and was a pundit on Timbuktu television. I’d say we when referring to Timbuktu too.

Timbuktutu
    I don't think you would if you were the manager of AS Real Bamako.

Doesn't count for UK born players for other UK Nations. Or at least it never used to.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Didn't they move from Cardiff, because his father took the money to play rugby league. ?
    Yes. His father was born in Wales and moved to play rugby league in Salford.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I wouldn’t take too much notice of twitter. It’s full of saddo’s itching to be offended on other people’s behalfs.
    Get out a bit more and enjoy life.
    I don’t take too much notice of Louth. He’s even ignorant to the nuances of Irish culture so reasoned debate is futile. The fact that his data source is Twitter should tell you all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    His choice was between Wales and Sierra Leone, he was never eligible for England
    I had no idea. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I wouldn’t take too much notice of twitter. It’s full of saddo’s itching to be offended on other people’s behalfs.
    Get out a bit more and enjoy life.
    I bet a certain section of our fans are on twitter and banging away at the keyboard about how its embarrassing and we are a proud county and how will things ever change ? ?? small minded people with a chip on the shoulder, little do they know, you can be a proud Welshman and not have to hate the English, it really is small mindedness at its best

What a fuss this has been over very little. He did not refer to England as we in the sense that he believes himself to be English. He was using the “we” purely as an example of what do “we” need to do in a certain situation.
    People need to grow up if they are offended by something so trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    What a fuss this has been over very little. He did not refer to England as we in the sense that he believes himself to be English. He was using the “we” purely as an example of what do “we” need to do in a certain situation.
    It’s only Tit and Louth getting upset about it. Not the sharpest 2 tools in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    My though exactly. Fuss over nothing

I didn't watch it, but my reaction to what others reported he said was mild irritation.

It was avoidable, silly, and did nothing to improve his standing with Wales supporters.

But I'm not really offended or outraged. I'm more annoyed by the English Broadcasting Corporation and Theresa May, the Prime Minister of England. Gigg's minor own goal is already history.

Fecking hell just watched the clip and to say this has been blown way out of proportion is an understatement

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Wasn't his dad caught stealing in the changing rooms at Trelai Park?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Fecking hell just watched the clip and to say this has been blown way out of proportion is an understatement
    Of course it has. A slow night for some people just needing to start some conversation. Seems to have worked

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    No, he represented English Schools - different thing.
    Surprising ignorance from walesbales, someone who once claimed to have represented Wales schoolboys.