+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Giggs

Re: Giggs

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Wouldn’t say it was any more embarrassing than your lot excepting a bung from FIFA to stop moaning about Thierry Henry’s handball against you. 😂
    *accepting #embarassed

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    *accepting #embarassed
    Well spotted. I’ll sleep easier tonight. 👍

I read it more as the way coaches speak "can we get it into Loftus-Cheek" anyone who's even spoken to a coach at any level of football will be familiar with this way of speaking

Even if he did mean it the way Louth says, who cares?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/world-cup-2...ng-we-england/

'SACKABLE OFFENCE' World Cup 2018: Wales fans slate Ryan Giggs for saying ‘we’ when discussing England during Belgium clash

Manchester United legend Giggs was working as a pundit for ITV when giving his opinion during Gareth Southgate's side's clash against Belgium.

But he appeared to have a slip of the tongue as he referred to "we" when chatting about England at half-time.

Welshman Giggs, who picked up 64 caps for his country between 1991 and 2007, said: "In that No 10 position, Rashford's dropping in, but can we get Loftus-Cheek in that little No 10 position?"

Furious Dragons fans were quick to pick up on his error.

One said: "Ryan Giggs can pack his f***ing bags as Wales manager."

Another posted: "Ryan Giggs needs to stop calling England 'we'. If he loves them so much why don't he go join their coaching staff?"

A fellow user wrote: "Ryan Giggs saying 'we' about England has just undone six months of good work and put him back very much in doubt for me."

Another posted: "Ryan Giggs has just referred to England as 'we'. That has to be a sackable offence surely?!"

One fan said: "Why is Ryan Giggs saying 'we' when talking about England?"

A fellow user wrote: "Why does Ryan Giggs say 'we' when talking about England? You're the Wales manager now too, have some f***ing shame."

Another said: "How come Ryan Giggs has suddenly become an Englishman and what the f*** is he doing there as a pundit."

One posted: "Ryan Giggs hasn't got any socks on and keeps referring to England as 'us' even though he's the Wales manager."

Giggs, 44, courted controversy during 2015 when he admitted to an eight-year affair with his brother's wife and is known as someone who will rodger anything in a skirt, has yet to comment on the furore.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I read it more as the way coaches speak "can we get it into Loftus-Cheek" anyone who's even spoken to a coach at any level of football will be familiar with this way of speaking

Even if he did mean it the way Louth says, who cares?
    I certainly dont care for Wales. I'm saying I'd be embarrassed if I was a Welsh fan.

Are you telling me as a Welsh fan, you're not bothered that Giggs as an ex captain and present day manager refers to England as 'we'?

It appears more English fans are upset than Welsh fans

Deep down we all know Ryan considers himself more English.

It appears more English fans are upset than Welsh fans

Deep down we all know Ryan considers himself more English.
    Give it a rest now Louth and go sell some more pegs👍

I certainly dont care for Wales. I'm saying I'd be embarrassed if I was a Welsh fan.

Are you telling me as a Welsh fan, you're not bothered that Giggs as an ex captain and present day manager refers to England as 'we'?
    I've seen the clip in context and its kind of obvious that he means it in the way I referenced earlier, so no I don't really care about a slip of the tounge

If he'd ride into the ITV studio on horseback, with the horse white painted with St George's flag, dressed like a crusader before singing Rule Britannia, Jerusalem and GSTQ and whipping his cock out and pissing on the Welsh flag I'd be annoyed, but this is a minor slip of the tounge

I'm far more annoyed at the Welsh office removing the Welsh flag for the English one

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I've seen the clip in context and its kind of obvious that he means it in the way I referenced earlier, so no I don't really care about a slip of the tounge

If he'd ride into the ITV studio on horseback, with the horse white painted with St George's flag, dressed like a crusader before singing Rule Britannia, Jerusalem and GSTQ and whipping his cock out and pissing on the Welsh flag I'd be annoyed, but this is a minor slip of the tounge

I'm far more annoyed at the Welsh office removing the Welsh flag for the English one
    Think Louth is happy enough to be embarrassed on all our behalf’s. what a sport he is!

Think Louth is happy enough to be embarrassed on all our behalf’s. what a sport he is!
    A good lad is Louth

(Is everyone in Ireland this petty?)

I can't say I'm particularly happy with it, but he's lived in England since he we a child, so understandable. Still, should know better. Why is he working as a pundit anyway? Does he need the money? Should be part of his contract as Wales manager. Well done again FAW.

I'm not sure if this is true, did Giggs refer to England tonight as we?

If so, how embarrassing for you. Cardiff born, a huge number of caps and national team manager.
    Outrageous. Can you imagine Jackie Charlton doing something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Or "Irishman" Mick McCarthy?

I can't say I'm particularly happy with it, but he's lived in England since he we a child, so understandable. Still, should know better. Why is he working as a pundit anyway? Does he need the money? Should be part of his contract as Wales manager. Well done again FAW.
    My thoughts exactly - it doesn't help someone who already has a battle on his hands to win Welsh fans over, but I can't get too worked up about it.

Perhaps he see things differently to others:

England / Wales - he can support both
    My wife / your wife - he can screw both

My just be his personality

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/world-cup-2...ng-we-england/

'SACKABLE OFFENCE' World Cup 2018: Wales fans slate Ryan Giggs for saying ‘we’ when discussing England during Belgium clash

Manchester United legend Giggs was working as a pundit for ITV when giving his opinion during Gareth Southgate's side's clash against Belgium.

But he appeared to have a slip of the tongue as he referred to "we" when chatting about England at half-time.

Welshman Giggs, who picked up 64 caps for his country between 1991 and 2007, said: "In that No 10 position, Rashford's dropping in, but can we get Loftus-Cheek in that little No 10 position?"

Furious Dragons fans were quick to pick up on his error.

One said: "Ryan Giggs can pack his f***ing bags as Wales manager."

Another posted: "Ryan Giggs needs to stop calling England 'we'. If he loves them so much why don't he go join their coaching staff?"

A fellow user wrote: "Ryan Giggs saying 'we' about England has just undone six months of good work and put him back very much in doubt for me."

Another posted: "Ryan Giggs has just referred to England as 'we'. That has to be a sackable offence surely?!"

One fan said: "Why is Ryan Giggs saying 'we' when talking about England?"

A fellow user wrote: "Why does Ryan Giggs say 'we' when talking about England? You're the Wales manager now too, have some f***ing shame."

Another said: "How come Ryan Giggs has suddenly become an Englishman and what the f*** is he doing there as a pundit."

One posted: "Ryan Giggs hasn't got any socks on and keeps referring to England as 'us' even though he's the Wales manager."

Giggs, 44, courted controversy during 2015 when he admitted to an eight-year affair with his brother's wife and is known as someone who will rodger anything in a skirt, has yet to comment on the furore.
    Did he really just say it once and in that context?

Could you imagine the CEO at Mercedes saying "we" when discussing how VW could improve their performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    No but Giggs has plied his trade in England for all of his career and partially identifies with his fellow UK citizens, some of whom he may have played with. Nobody died. I live in England and many of my English friends wished Wales well during the Euros as they appreciated a certain commonality.
    I live in england too and I got nothing but condesending comments and jealousy from england fans during our great run in the Euros. None of them were happy we got further than them.

Laughable reaction on social media, heard it at the time and I wasn't sure if it was down to the context, kind of like how you might say to someone "how are we today?".

He probably meant it as we as in England and that's fine considering he undoubtedly would support them and identify at least partially as English.

More annoyed at the continued use of we in general, not because its England but particularly in commentary it just sounds unprofessional.

I felt a bit uncomfortable about it.
    I don’t think Giggs was everyone’s first choice for the Welsh manger job for various reasons .
    He hasn’t done himself a lot favours here.
    I am Scottish , I support Wales when they play in most sports as I have lived here for most of my life . I followed Wales in the euros as I had followed them for years, even when they were poor . I would never refer to Wales as “we” . That would be out of respect for my heritage and my respect for the Welsh people who are entitled to us the terminology .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I felt a bit uncomfortable about it.
    I don’t think Giggs was everyone’s first choice for the Welsh manger job for various reasons .
    He hasn’t done himself a lot favours here.
    I am Scottish , I support Wales when they play in most sports as I have lived here for most of my life . I followed Wales in the euros as I had followed them for years, even when they were poor . I would never refer to Wales as “we” . That would be out of respect for my heritage and my respect for the Welsh people who are entitled to us the terminology .
    Fair points.

Assuming you call City as we though? What do you feel is the difference?

I suppose I'm looking at it as the national team being just another team you follow and support (unless against Scotland) as opposed to you actually having to feel Welsh to do so.

Give it a rest now Louth and go sell some more pegs��
    THIS

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Laughable reaction on social media, heard it at the time and I wasn't sure if it was down to the context, kind of like how you might say to someone "how are we today?".

He probably meant it as we as in England and that's fine considering he undoubtedly would support them and identify at least partially as English.

More annoyed at the continued use of we in general, not because its England but particularly in commentary it just sounds unprofessional.
    Why? Born in Wales to Welsh parents.

I have 2 daughters born in England and neither of them identify themselves as anything other than Welsh.

We employed an Englishman.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Why? Born in Wales to Welsh parents.

I have 2 daughters born in England and neither of them identify themselves as anything other than Welsh.
    But then you also have the young lads who have just broken into the Welsh team who have a Welsh grandmother or or Welsh parent despite being born and lived in England their whole life so far.

Giggs has lived there since he was 6, in foreign countries he would have citizenship.

Ultimately I guess everyone feels differently