+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madine to Sheffield Wednesday for a "reduced" fee?

Madine to Sheffield Wednesday for a "reduced" fee?

As reported in another place and by Sky Sports.

Re: Madine to Sheffield Wednesday for a "reduced" fee?

Is this wishful thinking,

Would suit us

So Neil paid for a moderately expensive western car but got a cheap, former Soviet bloc one instead? What will Tan say?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    So Neil paid for a moderately expensive western car but got a cheap, former Soviet bloc one instead? What will Tan say?
    At least it wasn't 15 million which is the equivalent of 30 million nowadays.

Please be true

Can't find anything on the net

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    At least it wasn't 15 million which is the equivalent of 30 million nowadays.
    It's gone up to 15 million now? I thought it was 10.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Me neither. Is there a link?

Personally I don't think the lad has been given a chance. He obviously has ability as his past record shows so to ditch him after a few months during which he wasn't always fully fit seems to be lacking good judgement, something that I do not associate with Warnock. So give him a chance in the Premiership, he might surprise us all.

Warlock should be pilloried, hung drawn and quartered and his intestines poured out along Sloper Road - with Tan leading the procession - for his misguided panic Madine purchase..
    He spunks £6m on a striker who couldn't strike - way over the odds - and then sells him after a handful of games for chicken feed.
    If Tan is to be consistent, Warlock should be treated like Mackay for his signing of an unproven striker who was also unloaded for a pittance.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Can't find anything in the net either

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Well my reply would be like this

" hey boss man we had to get someone in because we were stiffed by another striker and agent playing us , we were then exposed as others knew we had dosh and we needed a striker , and your now a hero in Bolton ,hey boss he had a proven record in this league and scored playing with a poor side ,and its was worth a punt , albeit we overpaid in the fee , but not in wages , this type of trap will always be there when agents/clubs sniff blood ,knowing we needed a striker as we were so public about it ,and just imagine boss the fan backlash if we hand not it would look like no commitment,and whose to say his efforts in that Norwich game may have cost us promotion , hey boss 6 million for a 72 million profit its not a bad pay out "" ?

https://twitter.com/SWFCgossip/statu...46546888200193

Here's the link. Not sure how credible the account is though?

Wonder if they have a lad whose a prospect and we could swap or do a deal that sometimes happens one one enquirers about one of their lads , they were a decent side a year ago ,must have some young talent ?

Cornelius wasn't given a chance. He was injured for four months after a few substitute appearances and made a scapegoat. His record since leaving City hasn't been too bad at the highest level. Madine's £6m fee was way overpriced and didn't look anything special even at Championship level.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Warlock should be pilloried, hung drawn and quartered and his intestines poured out along Sloper Road - with Tan leading the procession - for his misguided panic Madine purchase..
    At the time of signing, Madine had scored more goals in a crap Championship side than Zohore. By the same token, should Warnock have bee pilloried, hung drawn and quartered etc for playing Zohore?

Totally agree that Madine didnt get a decent crack. I like the guy, has something about him. If he started as many games as Zohore did last season i reckon he would have scored more than him. Sad to see him leave if its true.

I think he suited our style more than Zohore did towards the end. I think Zohore is very poor in the air.

Would like him to be given a chance but by the same token , it’s would be a big step for him at premier level. A loan to a championship club maybe ?

I think cyclops’s response is just a tad over the top

Are people supporting Madine out of a sense of loyalty or are they seeing something in him that I can't? I keep on reading that Madine has "something about him", but speaking as someone who always tries to see the good in City players, I've not spotted it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Are people supporting Madine out of a sense of loyalty or are they seeing something in him that I can't? I keep on reading that Madine has "something about him", but speaking as someone who always tries to see the good in City players, I've not spotted it yet.
    Loyalty I guess. Every player should be given a chance. Zohore is a prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Cornelius wasn't given a chance. He was injured for four months after a few substitute appearances and made a scapegoat.
    Malky used the injury excuse for as long as possible, as he knew the jig was up. If you look at old news reports Cornelius was back in training for a while, but he never featured on match days. I'm sure they were hoping for some improvement which never materialised.

I don’t know the exact figures but after he had that foot injury I don’t think he really figured very much,people were a little underwhelmed by his signing and he was on the back foot from the time he arrived at the CCS,I think some on this board like to use him as an example of Neil’s lack of nous when it comes to strikers,if we had stayed in the Championship,I don’t think he would have done a bad job next term but I can’t see him cutting the mustard at premiership level.

Careful TOBW - you're potentially very close to doing a Jimmy or a Steve R...