+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Madine to Sheffield Wednesday for a "reduced" fee?

Re: Madine to Sheffield Wednesday for a "reduced" fee?

I’ve seen madine play a few times a season for about 10 years and I don’t think anyone would ever describe him as skilful.

Zohore is class, just needs to be coached properly and put some effort in. Madine is the opppsite works his bollocks off and is intelligent with his hold up play but he just doesn’t have the ability to play at the highest level imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I’ve seen madine play a few times a season for about 10 years and I don’t think anyone would ever describe him as skilful.

Zohore is class, just needs to be coached properly and put some effort in. Madine is the opppsite works his bollocks off and is intelligent with his hold up play but he just doesn’t have the ability to play at the highest level imo.
    Then you've seen him more than I have. I'll continue to give him the benefit of the doubt until he's shown he can't do it, or NW does not pick him to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I'd add that he is really good at holding onto the ball and appears to have good awareness and touch to bring in others. I genuinely think he is more skilful than Zohore but doesn't possess his vital asset of pace.

He may end up being unable to make the step up to the Prem, but I do not think it is a foregone conclusion by any means. I have a great deal of respect for many of the other posters who think he has no chance - I just don't think that point has been proven yet.
    It depends what you mean by skilful. The traditional meaning was ball at feet, beating players from dead starts, tricky and clever in tight situations. Neither player can really do that. Zohore is good on the turn and is a very strong runner, his best work is done when he's facing the opposition goal, not that great with his back to goal or aerial battles, although if you watch him, he doesn't like contesting headers as he likes to back in, and you can't back in and jump at the same time. He's much happier with the ball at his feet and does a good job acting as a wide player if hoilett plays inside. In my opinion and based on what I've seen, Ken has more capacity to make an impact at a higher level as he has more to his game than Madine. The only way Madine could transfer his attributes to the premier league is if he was used like Sam Vokes at Burnley, with players who were prepared to gamble on the knockdowns and the mistakes his presence can lead to, although I don't think Madine is as mobile or good as vokes is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    In my opinion and based on what I've seen, Ken has more capacity to make an impact at a higher level as he has more to his game than Madine.
    I agree with this - hence my comments about pace with Zohore. I used skilful to describe the ability to make the ball do the things you want and to combine this with the intelligence to make the right decisions about what to do with the ball.

I also agree with the rest of your post. For final clarity, I wasn't comparing Madine with Zohore other than to highlight some of the attributes I think Madine possesses which means he might have a chance of making an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I agree with this - hence my comments about pace with Zohore. I used skilful to describe the ability to make the ball do the things you want and to combine this with the intelligence to make the right decisions about what to do with the ball.

I also agree with the rest of your post. For final clarity, I wasn't comparing Madine with Zohore other than to highlight some of the attributes I think Madine possesses which means he might have a chance of making an impact.
    Fair enough, I hope that you're correct and that i'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Fair enough, I hope that you're correct and that i'm wrong.
    Me too...