+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Glammy

Glammy

Well it just gets worse.
    What a sad state of affairs.

Re: Glammy

Where to start with this? Are the club now just a 20/20 franchise? That’s what it’s beginning to feel like. Bottom of Division two in the Championship and bottom in the Royal London Cup.
    Can it get any worse?

I fully understand the club want to bring in young Welsh players but they have to do this gradually. There are usually six young Welsh players in the side plus Selman. This leaves just four senior players in the side and that’s just not enough.
    It means the likes of Owen Morgan come in at three in the order when at best he is an all rounder who should be coming in at seven or eight. No wonder he is struggling.

Then there is the batting itself. I saw bits and pieces of the last game including Carlson. Just like Donald he is talented but just like Donald he plays too many attacking shots and gets out before building his innings. It’s systematic throughout the team. No one can graft a gritty fifty let alone a Century.

By and large the bowling is fine but without runs on the board we will continue to struggle. Next season the club must bring in a couple of senior players because the balance is just not right at the moment.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Where to start with this? Are the club now just a 20/20 franchise.
    Next season the club must bring in a couple of senior players because the balance is just not right at the moment.
    Yes to the 20/20 franchise as they simply don't appear to care for the two longer formats.

With regard to the second bit then anyone who has an interest in Glamorgan has been saying this for over 40 years aside from a couple of glorious hiccups which were never capitalised on.

Only just found this thread and so I'd like to add my belated agreement to what Pearcey and Majorblue have said. It's as if Glamorgan's season is starting tomorrow when they take on Hampshire in their first 20/20 game - everything before now has been a preparation for the main, and only, event.
    I feel those who have paid for a membership which includes four day and fifty over matches this season have been short changed. It's pretty obvious that this is being considered as, yet another, transitional season when it comes to the four day game and you have to wonder if anyone in authority down there will be bothered if we finish bottom of the table to add to the last place finish in our group in the fifty over stuff - we really need a successful 20/20 campaign, but, if that happens, then it will probably mean more of the don't give a shit stuff when it comes to the other two forms of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Only just found this thread and so I'd like to add my belated agreement to what Pearcey and Majorblue have said. It's as if Glamorgan's season is starting tomorrow when they take on Hampshire in their first 20/20 game - everything before now has been a preparation for the main, and only, event.
    I feel those who have paid for a membership which includes four day and fifty over matches this season have been short changed. It's pretty obvious that this is being considered as, yet another, transitional season when it comes to the four day game and you have to wonder if anyone in authority down there will be bothered if we finish bottom of the table to add to the last place finish in our group in the fifty over stuff - we really need a successful 20/20 campaign, but, if that happens, then it will probably mean more of the don't give a shit stuff when it comes to the other two forms of the game.
    This boy's looking good:----

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/44400271

The problem is the club has so little money.
    Pitiful crowds and sponsorship

I reckon they just can’t afford to compete on all fronts and therefore are just concentrating on the most lucrative competition.

All the wash outs last year can’t have helped