+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ARMED FORCES DAY, Llandudno (tomorrow), anybody off here supporting it tomorrow ?

ARMED FORCES DAY, Llandudno (tomorrow), anybody off here supporting it tomorrow ?

Re: ARMED FORCES DAY, Llandudno (tomorrow), anybody off here supporting it tomorrow ?

First I heard about it was on the 6:30 news.

Re: ARMED FORCES DAY, Llandudno (tomorrow), anybody off here supporting it tomorrow ?

going to our local one

Youngest daughter is playing in the brass band

Agree or disagree but there is another side to this: https://nation.cymru/opinion/armed-f...landudno-2018/

I would have no issue if army invested back into areas it took most recruits from but it doesn't do enough and therefore helps keep poorer areas poor and is able to continue to be major recruiter in those areas.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Agree or disagree but there is another side to this: https://nation.cymru/opinion/armed-f...landudno-2018/

I would have no issue if army invested back into areas it took most recruits from but it doesn't do enough and therefore helps keep poorer areas poor and is able to continue to be major recruiter in those areas.

Got halfway through reading that article written by snowflakes, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Yes, the armed services will use this day to promote itself, but to use the words "training for warfare", so early in the article is disgraceful.

All the services provide lots of other areas of training and to play on the WAR side of things is wrong.

Besides, when these young people join up, they have to pass a 12 week intensive course and it ain't easy.

Shame on the people that wrote that.

Blog Entries

They did something like that over the island a couple of weeks ago, it was lovely chatting to some of the old veterans, bless em, I also had the pleasure of serving ice creams to 17 hot a sweaty Sea Cadets after their training exercise which was nice