+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary Madine - Stop Hating Him

Gary Madine - Stop Hating Him

I love Gary. He is a Warnock-kinda player.
    So when he joined I was excited, finally a hardman who can head and fight his way through the defenders.
    But since he’s joined, he hasn’t hit home the ability he was showing in Bolton.
    He hadn’t got 14 goals for no reason.
    He may have missed the penalty against Wolverhampton but it was a good penalty with an even better save. Hoilett smashed it, and missed! So that wasn’t 100% his fault.
    But he hasn’t had many starts, but when he had been on he did a job.
    He is a large striker and holds the ball up, he isn’t the fast striker we’ve been playing with for long.
    We can tell that he is low on confidence and he needs a goal. I believe when he grabs it, he will do well.
    He’s the type of player who needs an arm around him, not fans having a go at him...
    So please, next time you think “For **** sake, he’s shite” remember, he thrives on love not hate.
    Please,
    Don’t hate Madine.

Re: Gary Madine - Stop Hating Him

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemicplanet9 View Post
    So when he joined I was excited, finally a hardman who can head and fight his way through the defenders.
    He may have missed the penalty against Wolverhampton but it was a good penalty with an even better save. Hoilett smashed it, and missed! So that wasn’t 100% his fault.
    He is a large striker and holds the ball up, he isn’t the fast striker we’ve been playing with for long.
    We can tell that he is low on confidence and he needs a goal. I believe when he grabs it, he will do well.
    He’s the type of player who needs an arm around him, not fans having a go at him...
    So please, next time you think “For **** sake, he’s shite” remember, he thrives on love not hate.
    Please,
    Don’t hate Madine.
    I don’t think he has had a fair chance to show what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    ^^this

I am sure he wanted to impress and he worked hard for us and, although he played his part in our promotion push, he didn't quite show his potential.

It's a bit unfair the stick he's taken but I'm not sure we will be able to afford to give him the time to show what he can do, unless he impresses in pre-season.
    Perhaps it is best to cut our losses.

Please,
    Don’t hate Madine.
    It's not a very catchy song - what tune should it be sung to?

No

Please,
    Don’t hate Madine.
    Welcome to the message board, Gary

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No
    He may not have had a fair crack at the whip but most of us can see he's not good enough for the big league Sheffield weds would be a good move for him with bannan coming here

Im sure he’s a nice lad and all but having watched him for Bolton and Wednesday quite a bit I’ve never thought he would be good enough for us. I’d love to be proved wrong.

I don’t see what’s wrong with having an honest opinion of a player just because they play for us.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Welcome to the message board, Gary
    You beat me to it!!

Can you imagine any other job where if soneone doesn't do it properly everyone else would say 'Poor thing give him a cuddle' ? It's bollox. If he can't do the job feck off!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Im sure he’s a nice lad and all but having watched him for Bolton and Wednesday quite a bit I’ve never thought he would be good enough for us. I’d love to be proved wrong.

I don’t see what’s wrong with having an honest opinion of a player just because they play for us.
    Having an honest opinion of a player is fine but slagging him off at every possible opportunity is what some people are doing on here and its totally out of order. The ones who do it had made up their mind they didnt like him before he even kicked a ball and are not prepared to give him a chance. Luckily its blindingly obvious that those people know very little about football in general and are just in it for the ego trip and the pleasure of making themselves feel important. Hopefully Madine will be given the opportunity this season to stick it right back down their throats.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He may not have had a fair crack at the whip but most of us can see he's not good enough for the big league Sheffield weds would be a good move for him with bannan coming here
    I think that you will find that people with your opinion on this matter are in the minority, so less of the 'most' please.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I think that you will find that people with your opinion on this matter are in the minority, so less of the 'most' please.
    Why don't you do a poll and see dick head!
    By the way I wasn't having a go at him just stating he isn't good enough for the premier league

I cannot understand anyone not giving a player a chance , just perhaps consider that :

He landed in the worse transfer window recognized as so across football
    Victim of a panic buy
    Inflated fee fee not his doing
    Expected to replace Zohore
    Had to quickly fit into a totally difference playing style.
    Broke a rib early on .
    Never got a chance to establish himself .
    Brave enough to take a penalty most of us would have turned away from

Lets be very carefull what we wish for, he may be wanted next year ,will never be prolific but has powerful old fashioned lee fortune type of penalty area chaos / nuisance value ,whcih creates goals, space and opportunities for others , we simply dont know what we have or will need next year if Zohore goes .

Lets be loyal to everyone one or our lads even if they played 5 minutes or every game ,they all played a part

I dont think they hate him , some just like to pick on someone ,some don't get the full picture of what a player brings to the squad ,some have never kicked a ball in anger ,football is not just about silky ,clever skill ,there a need to be brutal ,nasty and a nuisance , it all knits into the fabric of the team .

By the way I wasn't having a go at him just stating he isn't good enough for the premier league
    Just the kind of abusive reply that I would expect from you to be honest. You have been 'having a go' at Madine ever since City signed him. How do you know he isn't good enough for the Premier League anyway - he's never played in it, nor has Zohore, Reid, Ralls etc but dont see you continually saying they arent going to be good enough.

Has anyone said they hate Gary Madine? I haven't seen or heard that anywhere.

Based on what we have seen of him so far in a Cardiff shirt, and looking at his career to date (although he is not the same player he was 6 years ago) I think it is unlikely he will be a success in the Premier League.

However, he does have his strengths and qualities. He is a brave target man and will occupy centre halves. He will draw fouls and hopefully create space for other attacking players. I doubt he will score many goals but he may be fairly effective if he is able to become more confident in himself and we play to his strengths.

If the quote from Warnock is reliable that he sees Madine as one of four first team strikers (with Zohore, Ward and a new signing) I will support him 100%. But I'm not enthusiastic or confident and I would feel better with an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Just the kind of abusive reply that I would expect from you to be honest. You have been 'having a go' at Madine ever since City signed him. How do you know he isn't good enough for the Premier League anyway - he's never played in it, nor has Zohore, Reid, Ralls etc but dont see you continually saying they arent going to be good enough.
    No I haven't, see another thread where I've asked how many of our players can actually be classed as premier quality imo not many and imo madine is an average championship striker you keep mentioning his goal ratio but wasn't most of them at league 1?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    ^^this

I am sure he wanted to impress and he worked hard for us and, although he played his part in our promotion push, he didn't quite show his potential.

It's a bit unfair the stick he's taken but I'm not sure we will be able to afford to give him the time to show what he can do, unless he impresses in pre-season.
    Perhaps it is best to cut our losses.
    He doesn’t need to show what he can do we should all know what type of striker he is.

When we’re holding on to a 1-0 lead next season and our defence is lumping it upfield (we know they will) and KZ is all out of puff, there’s no one I’d rather have in our current line up on the field than Madine.

We need a workhorse. He is our workhorse.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He doesn’t need to show what he can do we should all know what type of striker he is.

When we’re holding on to a 1-0 lead next season and our defence is lumping it upfield (we know they will) and KZ is all out of puff, there’s no one I’d rather have in our current line up on the field than Madine.

Phew sense at last ,look out Warnock WJ99 is waiting in the wings .😉

This. Plus if we're losing 1-0 with 10mins left and need to put it in the mixer. I like him.

dickhead?

Please,
    Don’t hate Madine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    It's not a very catchy song - what tune should it be sung to?
    How about a few word tweaks, to the Achy breaky Heart toon.. ..

"Don't Hate Madine
    Please dont hate Madine
    I just don't think you've seen his best....
    Coz if you hate Madine
    Gary Madine
    He might just stick his head into your chest" (à la Zidane)

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I have a mate who is a Wednesday fan. He said about Madine - he is a workhorse, a man who will do anything for the team and will stick his head where others wouldnt. The story I was told was when Madine got arrested as he head butted someone because he thought they said they were a Sheff U fan.

He was also the top scorer I think in a struggling side. Finding a striker that can score in the championship is as rare as rocking horse sh1t.

I dare anyone to tell Madine he is sh1t to his face - as I guarantee no one on here would #sh1thouses
    You don’t know everyone on here to make that comment.

I don’t think he is good enough for Cardiff City . I didn’t think he was good enough last season.
    Perhaps if he had a run of 20 games he may have had some latent talent that could have changed that opinion,somehow I doubt it (Zohore did ) .
    He doesn’t appear to be going to Sheffield Weds at the moment , only ref I can find to that happening on the internet is ccmb...

Name me one workhorse centre forward in the premier league , or even one successful championship team with a workhorse
    Centre forward.
    We need top class footballers up front and goals. Not hardwurkers.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I cannot understand anyone not giving a player a chance , just perhaps consider that :

He landed in the worse transfer window recognized as so across football
    Victim of a panic buy
    Inflated fee fee not his doing
    Expected to replace Zohore
    Had to quickly fit into a totally difference playing style.
    Broke a rib early on .
    Never got a chance to establish himself .
    Brave enough to take a penalty most of us would have turned away from

Lets be very carefull what we wish for, he may be wanted next year ,will never be prolific but has powerful old fashioned lee fortune type of penalty area chaos / nuisance value ,whcih creates goals, space and opportunities for others , we simply dont know what we have or will need next year if Zohore goes .

Lets be loyal to everyone one or our lads even if they played 5 minutes or every game ,they all played a part

I dont think they hate him , some just like to pick on someone ,some don't get the full picture of what a player brings to the squad ,some have never kicked a ball in anger ,football is not just about silky ,clever skill ,there a need to be brutal ,nasty and a nuisance , it all knits into the fabric of the team .
    Wise words again Major Tom.

I hope that Madine will be given the opportunity to prove his worth to Cardiff.

I remember posters having similar opinions of players, some of whom are now club legends.