+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gary Madine - Stop Hating Him

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Gary Madine - Stop Hating Him

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    I don’t think he has had a fair chance to show what he can do.
    ^^this

I am sure he wanted to impress and he worked hard for us and, although he played his part in our promotion push, he didn't quite show his potential.

It's a bit unfair the stick he's taken but I'm not sure we will be able to afford to give him the time to show what he can do, unless he impresses in pre-season.
    Perhaps it is best to cut our losses.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    ^^this

I am sure he wanted to impress and he worked hard for us and, although he played his part in our promotion push, he didn't quite show his potential.

It's a bit unfair the stick he's taken but I'm not sure we will be able to afford to give him the time to show what he can do, unless he impresses in pre-season.
    Perhaps it is best to cut our losses.
    He doesn’t need to show what he can do we should all know what type of striker he is.

When we’re holding on to a 1-0 lead next season and our defence is lumping it upfield (we know they will) and KZ is all out of puff, there’s no one I’d rather have in our current line up on the field than Madine.

We need a workhorse. He is our workhorse.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He doesn’t need to show what he can do we should all know what type of striker he is.

When we’re holding on to a 1-0 lead next season and our defence is lumping it upfield (we know they will) and KZ is all out of puff, there’s no one I’d rather have in our current line up on the field than Madine.

This. Plus if we're losing 1-0 with 10mins left and need to put it in the mixer. I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Name me one workhorse centre forward in the premier league , or even one successful championship team with a workhorse
    Centre forward.
    We need top class footballers up front and goals. Not hardwurkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Name me one workhorse centre forward in the premier league , or even one successful championship team with a workhorse
    Centre forward.
    We need top class footballers up front and goals. Not hardwurkers.
    Charlie Austin, Ashley Barnes, Christian Benteke, Andy Carroll, Tomer Hemed, Fernando Llorente, Steve Mounie, Stefano Okaka, Collin Quaner, Jordan Hugill, Sam Vokes, Chris Wood. Is that enough ?.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Charlie Austin, Ashley Barnes, Christian Benteke, Andy Carroll, Tomer Hemed, Fernando Llorente, Steve Mounie, Stefano Okaka, Collin Quaner, Jordan Hugill, Sam Vokes, Chris Wood. Is that enough ?.
    I think you've misunderstood the meaning of workhorse. Christian Benteke: A Workhorse - ha-ha.