+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Morrissey cancels tour over racism issues

Morrissey cancels tour over racism issues

Seems like the idiots support of Britain first and Tommy Robinson has finally gotten him on his arse , very poor ticket sales and negative publicity

How soon is now ? Times up Mr Morrissey, son of Irish immigrants

Ironic

Re: Morrissey cancels tour over racism issues

Absolute icon and one of the best lyricists to ever come from this island.

Man's a loon he's either stupid or does not give a shit.

Been and gone artist struggling with his fame so reverts to sensational outbursts to keep the dwindling fame alight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Absolute icon and one of the best lyricists to ever come from this island.
    Fecking racist fecker though , wouldn't go and watch a racist

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Ironically I had to cancel on him in March as I wasn't driving to feckin Brighton in all that snow we had!

Ironically I had to cancel on him in March as I wasn't driving to feckin Brighton in all that snow we had!
    Very talented man but very messed up

Suffer little children about child abuse a classic

He's lost the plot now

Very talented man but very messed up

Suffer little children about child abuse a classic

He's lost the plot now
    This album has been successful though and he is loved in South America where he will continue his tour.
    I think the bloke is an absolute genius, wish he would shut his gob sometimes.
    Quite happy for him to go on about animal rights though.

Mozzer at his haunting, lyrical best.

Sludgey, I hate to diss you here as you are among the most genuine and sane posters on this messageboard. But I'm sure you have been to see Pantera live?? If so, have you seen this from Phil Anselmo?

Here ya go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SPHrZGdvjs

In all seriousness I am lost on this thread. What has Morrisey done that has forced him to cancel? I don't like his music so haven't been interested in what he has been doing.

Let's get something clear.

Morrissey cancelled his tour because of a complete witch hunt from political propaganda machines like the Guardian spouting complete nonsense against him. He can't be in a great mental state to cancel so many shows, it's clearly affected him, and I don't get why people are laughing and calling him a bigot.

I don't agree with some of Moz's opinions, but he's entitled to them, and they're not exactly harmful.

It's a real shame that fans of Moz (like myself) who bought a ticket to his show, had hotels booked, and were extremely excited about finally seeing him play in Manchester (in my case) lose out here.

Calling him a racist is ludicrous. It's very disappointing how British tabloids are treating what is quite possibly the best lyricist to ever come out of this country just for being genuine and offering his real opinions. Nowadays, people are too afraid to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    In all seriousness I am lost on this thread. What has Morrisey done that has forced him to cancel? I don't like his music so haven't been interested in what he has been doing.
    I think he’s come out with some quite right wing views on race and immigration I would have always expected his fan base to not be massively right wing.

This song has never been more apt. Legend.

I know we have different musical choices but how anyone can listen to this shit is beyond belief

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I know we have different musical choices but how anyone can listen to this shit is beyond belief

Each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    This song has never been more apt. Legend.
    I don’t know how unfounded the rumours are he said he supports for Britain who even Farage called racists nazis and said hitler was left wing

Love his music but he’s lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don’t know how unfounded the rumours are he said he supports for Britain who even Farage called racists nazis and said hitler was left wing

Love his music but he’s lost it.
    I mean more to do with why it was cancelled. That DJ Dave Hallam (sic?) says he's the reason because he organised an anti moz music night.

Unfortunately as much as I love his music (and the Smiths) I'm finding it hard to defend some of his current opinions. The For Britain thing is specifically hard to take, but it's his opinion and I just respect it. I like him for his music more than anything.

Back in 2007, Morrissey said the following:

"I believe the NME has deliberately tried to characterise me as a racist in a recent interview I gave them in order to boost their dwindling circulation. I abhor racism and oppression or cruelty of any kind and will not let this pass without being absolutely clear and emphatic. Racism is beyond common sense and has no place in our society."

Excellent stuff. However, now he is publicly backing Tommy Johnson and Anne-Marie Waters, who are very definitely racists.

He says: "I have been following a new party called For Britain which is led by Anne-Marie Waters. It is the first time in my life that I will vote for a political party. Finally I have hope. Anne-Marie Waters seeks open discussion about all aspects of modern Britain, whereas other parties will not allow diverse opinion. She is like a humane version of Thatcher, if such a concept could be. She is absolute leadership, she doesn’t read from a script, she believes in British heritage, freedom of speech, and she wants everyone in the UK to live under the same law."

He's clearly lost the plot. The Anne-Marie Waters thing is hilarious. After all, she's an Irish immigrant.

Exactly I find it hard to respect someone’s opinion when that opinion is like that on anyone who isn’t white or British.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Back in 2007, Morrissey said the following:

"I believe the NME has deliberately tried to characterise me as a racist in a recent interview I gave them in order to boost their dwindling circulation. I abhor racism and oppression or cruelty of any kind and will not let this pass without being absolutely clear and emphatic. Racism is beyond common sense and has no place in our society."

Excellent stuff. However, now he is publicly backing Tommy Johnson and Anne-Marie Waters, who are very definitely racists.

He says: "I have been following a new party called For Britain which is led by Anne-Marie Waters. It is the first time in my life that I will vote for a political party. Finally I have hope. Anne-Marie Waters seeks open discussion about all aspects of modern Britain, whereas other parties will not allow diverse opinion. She is like a humane version of Thatcher, if such a concept could be. She is absolute leadership, she doesn’t read from a script, she believes in British heritage, freedom of speech, and she wants everyone in the UK to live under the same law."

He's clearly lost the plot. The Anne-Marie Waters thing is hilarious. After all, she's an Irish immigrant.

He's not supporting Tommy Robinson's views, he's opposing the way in which jailing Tommy Robinson goes against free speech.

I just find it hard to believe that someone who all his life has strongly opposed cruelty against animals - to the extent one of his albums was called Meat is Murder, and he bans meat being sold at venues he performs in - could possibly be racist and cruel against human beings.

The For Britain support, however, I admit is strange and out of character. I don't think he's in a good place right now and age is clearly not working well for him.

Seen an interview with Mike Joyce a few weeks back and the interviewer was essentially prodding or trying to prod Joyce into saying that Morrissey is a racist.
    To be fair to Joyce, he didn't take the bait and said the dealings he's had with Morrissey (albeit a long time ago) suggest he isn't a racist person at all.
    Bit of a joke though to be fair, the interviewer was a right prick.
    Joyce was a class act though, had Morrissey's back and it was surprising seeing as there has been bad blood between the two before.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    I just find it hard to believe that someone who all his life has strongly opposed cruelty against animals - to the extent one of his albums was called Meat is Murder, and he bans meat being sold at venues he performs in - could possibly be racist and cruel against human beings.
    Hitler loved animals too.....

Seen an interview with Mike Joyce a few weeks back and the interviewer was essentially prodding or trying to prod Joyce into saying that Morrissey is a racist.
    To be fair to Joyce, he didn't take the bait and said the dealings he's had with Morrissey (albeit a long time ago) suggest he isn't a racist person at all.
    Bit of a joke though to be fair, the interviewer was a right prick.
    Joyce was a class act though, had Morrissey's back and it was surprising seeing as there has been bad blood between the two before.
    Fairly sure they're all on good terms with each other with the exception of Andy Rourke the weasel.

Johnny Marr and Morrissey exchange emails from time to time - should read Marr's book. He has nothing but good things to say about Moz.

That was a frustrating interview by the way - interviewer was a complete neanderthal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Hitler loved animals too.....
    Fair point!

However, I've read a lot about what others who've worked and grew up with him have to say about him, and racist is definitely not one of the words they'd describe. Mainly just difficult to deal with or sheltered.

I find it hard to believe Morrissey is really a fan of the fox hunting Farage as well.