+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Morrissey cancels tour over racism issues

Heisenberg

Re: Morrissey cancels tour over racism issues

He's not a racist at all! How could someone who once said in an interview that the "Chinese are a subspecies" be a racist?!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He's not a racist at all! How could someone who once said in an interview that the "Chinese are a subspecies" be a racist?!
    Absolutely. I assume you've fully read in to what he meant regarding that comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Two songs and two sets of lyrics by an odious man? I think not.

A fascinating interview with the man.
    11.00-1200...amazing how history can repeat itself on mozza himself predicting his own downfall

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Absolute icon and one of the best lyricists to ever come from this island.
    He's still a ****

Heisenberg

Absolutely. I assume you've fully read in to what he meant regarding that comment?
    You're saying that it wasn't supposed to be taken at face value? I'm all ears...

A fascinating interview with the man.
    11.00-1200...amazing how history can repeat itself on mozza himself predicting his own downfall

He isn’t asking for controlled immigration though he’s backing a white supremicist party. No one has a problem with controlled immigration, people have a problem with the people who use this as a disguise for their racist views.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He isn’t asking for controlled immigration though he’s backing a white supremicist party. No one has a problem with controlled immigration, people have a problem with the people who use this as a disguise for their racist views.
    Which party is he backing?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Typical response these days from the social justice warriors. Dont agree with someones view , so therefore they will try and shut him down. Why not let people make their own minds up - for a change. If people dont like him for whatever reason - then dont go simple as that. I dont want to go and watch Frankie Boyle after a joke he made against a disabled kid, but I dont go and protest outside his gigs, or try and stop him performing etc.

I dont know Morrisseys views on immigration, or religions are etc - Ive never read what he has said. There is nothing wrong in wanting a control on immigration neither is there anything wrong with wanting better integration (or even basic) integration between ethnic groups. Asians / Blacks / whites / Muslim / Christian / Atheists etc.

I dont like his music, I dont care about his political viewpoints. The one thing that made me laugh my bollox off was this comment "Sludgey, I hate to diss you here as you are among the most genuine and sane posters on this messageboard"
    So, to sum up, you disagree with the criticism of something you know nothing about?

Which party is he backing?
    See post #16

What sums it up - is that he has opinions apparently, some dont like what he has to say / think - so they want to stop him performing. Does that sum you up ?
    No it doesn't sum me up, and I don't think it sums up anyone else either. People are criticising him for what's he said and not suggesting he should never perform again. Nor are they suggesting no-one go and see him, just that he comes across like an idiot these days.

But you don't know what he said and instead have made the assumption this is all about 'social justice warriors', instead of looking into what he said and seeing if his critics are valid or not.

What sums it up - is that he has opinions apparently, some dont like what he has to say / think - so they want to stop him performing. Does that sum you up ?

If you dont like his music dont go. If you dont like his opinion - dont go. But dont try and stop other people from going , let them make their own minds up. Just a thought eh.
    Remember when the nazis were in power and people say we wouldn’t let that happen here. But then people also say we shouldn’t protest a celebrity promoting a far right political party. You can stand by and be happy at people having such opinions of others but don’t try and put people down for opposing such hate filled shite.

If you dont like his music dont go. If you dont like his opinion - dont go. But dont try and stop other people from going , let them make their own minds up. Just a thought eh.
    The concerts were cancelled because not enough tickets were sold because his opinions alienated enough of his fan base. Why don’t you try reading about something instead of just blindly sticking up for something?

I dont care what his opinions are, but I'll defend his right to have an opinion, something it seems others are all to often not willing to do. There are plenty of people who have demonstrated re Tommy Robinson (rightly) being jailed - Im sure there are people who want to shut them down as well - just because it doesn't fit in with their opinion. #SJW
    Yeah funny enough people want to shut down racists. I don’t think we should encourage people to have opinions that make others less free.

People can do what they want without reproach in the U.K. but the second they start infringing on the rights of whole groups of people they need to be shut down.

People who are demanding open borders are just as dangerous as those who demand closed borders.

People who are demanding open borders are just as dangerous as those who demand closed borders.
    I disagree. While I don't necessarily agree with a full open border policy (and thankfully we haven't got one despite what the media will tell you), those people I know who want open borders are free of prejudices and want a world where everyone gets along. Most people who I know who want much stricter border controls generally want them to stop people of certain religions and/or ethnicities coming into the country.

Personally I have a dislike for any notion that a whole group of people can be hated purely because of their religion, ethnicity, sexuality and so on. We all bleed the same colour. We're all human.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You're talking out of your arse. I know Andy Rourke. Him and Johnny are mates.

I meant Mike Joyce sorry. The drummer who sued them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I disagree. While I don't necessarily agree with a full open border policy (and thankfully we haven't got one despite what the media will tell you), those people I know who want open borders are free of prejudices and want a world where everyone gets along. Most people who I know who want much stricter border controls generally want them to stop people of certain religions and/or ethnicities coming into the country.

Personally I have a dislike for any notion that a whole group of people can be hated purely because of their religion, ethnicity, sexuality and so on. We all bleed the same colour. We're all human.
    So, if 20 or 30 million people without skills turn up, how are your friends who are free of prejudices going to handle the economic situation? Do you also realise we can't go to these same countries where they are coming from, because they haved closed borders with a strict immigration system that protects those nations, and illegal entry will see your ass in jail. It may all look hunky dory when you put your utopia shades on, but the fact is only chaos can follow such huge unplanned movement of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Well said Eric. I don’t think many people want complete open borders but only for reasons of security and lack of jobs etc.

People like walesbales and Ninainclark try to hide it but it’s obvious why they always stick up for the “freeze peach” in threads like this but are against the actual free speech of the people against these ignorant dick heads.

People didnt buy tickets because :-
    A. He's sh1t and no cares for his music
    and / or
    B. Dave Haslam was organising protest march's that happened to be taken place next door to his concerts on the same day as his concerts
    Why would people not buy tickets if they wanted to see him just because the protest was going on?

Croesy - I don't get why your tactic for arguing your point always has to involve an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    Croesy - I don't get why your tactic for arguing your point always has to involve an insult.
    Who am I insulting? Ignorant dick heads like Morrissey and Britain First I called ignorant dick heads.

If you can’t called people them dick heads who can you?

I’m not for this be civil to racists bollocks, they tried that in Nazi germany too. If they want people to be civil they could try it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Well said Eric. I don’t think many people want complete open borders but only for reasons of security and lack of jobs etc.

People like walesbales and Ninainclark try to hide it but it’s obvious why they always stick up for the “freeze peach” in threads like this but are against the actual free speech of the people against these ignorant dick heads.
    Who gets to play god, and decides which of the world's 7 billion inhabitants can come? It doesn't take a genius to work out that its not possible for everybody to come, even if we are free of predudices.