+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Morrissey cancels tour over racism issues

Re: Morrissey cancels tour over racism issues

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Fair enough.

If there ever were to be a Smiths reunion, Mike Joyce won't be a part of it.
    Definitely not. Moz & Marr met up in 2008 in a pub and discussed it. Marr was well up for it (this is his own words from his book) and Moz was pretty open to it too. But the latter went quiet. I think if it wasn't for Joyce the Smiths would be up and running again for a while now

I hope not. The only thing worse than staying in the EU would be a Smiths reunion!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I hope not. The only thing worse than staying in the EU would be a Smiths reunion!
    I appears as though you never leave the house. I'm not sure leaving the EU is going to impact on you too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I appears as though you never leave the house. I'm not sure leaving the EU is going to impact on you too much.
    You should get a smartphone mate. They are really good and you can use them anywhere

There won't be a reunion now, Morrissey is done. He's always liked the smell of his own farts but he's completely lost it now.

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/m...d-tour-2348776

Morrissey has made headlines by comparing Halal meat and ISIS. He also referred to Hitler as ‘left wing’ and said that London Mayor Sadiq Khan “can not talk properly”. He later issued a new statement in which he said he “despised racism and racism” and voiced his support for Muslims… before bigging up For Britain again. The guy, if you’ll excuse the language, is a f***head.
    Marr distancing himself from his remarks here too:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ckets-14825864

Why would anyone leave the house when there are real albanian mafia rapists on the lose?

Well **** me this thread has become a cesspit of brexit propaganda hasn't it.

As long as we all agree he isn't racist x

We don't all agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post

If you have a different opinion, apparently you are highly likely to be a xenophobic, bigoted, nazi, racist, conspiracy theorist.

Morrissey is a big ol' racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Morrissey is a big ol' racist.
    Nah.

I can’t imagine being such a fan of someone I’d overlook them being a racist. Fair enough enjoying the music like but you can’t read what he’s written and not think he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I can’t imagine being such a fan of someone I’d overlook them being a racist. Fair enough enjoying the music like but you can’t read what he’s written and not think he is.
    No, he's a patriot and how dare you play the xenophobic, bigoted, nazi, racist, conspiracy theorist card.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No, he's a patriot and how dare you play the xenophobic, bigoted, nazi, racist, conspiracy theorist card.
    As a matter of interest, how would you go about proving this accusation in court if Mozza hypothetically dropped some legal papers through your letter box.

As a matter of interest, how would you go about proving this accusation in court if Mozza hypothetically dropped some legal papers through your letter box.
    That you're a patriot?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That you're a patriot?
    The Morrissey is a racist accusation being pushed by a number of people on here.

Each to their own.
    If you can bother to listen to Ian Hunters catalogue,he has covered every topic

WTF happened here

What is a hate crime in the UK?

Hate crime constitutes a criminal offence directed at individuals or groups because of their disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or transgender identity.

Watch your p's and q's, boys, because there's always someone itching to be offended, there's also those goody-two-shoes who love to be offended on behalf of someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    WTF happened here
    Nothing happened, we are talking hypotheticals here. I'm just trying to understand the processes involved, when somehow supporting an entirely legal political party suddenly turns you into a racist. Also how a bit of chatter on the internet quickly turns into fact, which is then freely dispenced far and wide. It is an interesting phenomenon, and it does seem a bit libellous unless I am missing something. That's why I am asking how would somebody go about proving in court that Morrissey is in fact a racist? Off the top of my head, I can see potential harm caused from damage to reputation and loss of earnings.

Heisenberg

Nothing happened, we are talking hypotheticals here. I'm just trying to understand the processes involved, when somehow supporting an entirely legal political party suddenly turns you into a racist. Also how a bit of chatter on the internet quickly turns into fact, which is then freely dispenced far and wide. It is an interesting phenomenon, and it does seem a bit libellous unless I am missing something. That's why I am asking how would somebody go about proving in court that Morrissey is in fact a racist? Off the top of my head, I can see potential harm caused from damage to reputation and loss of earnings.
    If only there were "entirely legal" political parties throughout history with right wing, racist ideologies that we could use to compare the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    What is a hate crime in the UK?

Hate crime constitutes a criminal offence directed at individuals or groups because of their disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or transgender identity.

Watch your p's and q's, boys, because there's always someone itching to be offended, there's also those goody-two-shoes who love to be offended on behalf of someone else.
    Weird how stuff like this about faux outrage only gets trotted out when people are rightly slagging off bigots. Yet there are 2 threads this morning crying about the name of a bridge and a radio phone in about england.

People aren't getting offended for others they are rightly calling out backwards idiots who deserve to be called out.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If only there were "entirely legal" political parties throughout history with right wing, racist ideologies that we could use to compare the situation...
    it's funny how everything seems to be fine as long as it's legal, most stuff going on with Mexican children at the moment is legal as was most of the horrific things that went on in Germant in the 30s and 40s.

I don't know why anyone is discussing libel and "facts" when everything he's being called out for was written on Morrissey's own website by the man himself.

The legal definition of those protected from hate crimes in the UK is a broad one by anyone's standards other than, perhaps, those who dislike broad definitions, maybe due to their 'religion or belief,' that is. In reality it's a catch-all piece of legislation designed that way to make people fearful of expressing an opinion contrary to prevailing attitudes.