+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Morrissey cancels tour over racism issues

Re: Morrissey cancels tour over racism issues

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    When was the time a cardiff fan was done for calling someone an English bastard? I honestly cannot ever remember one instance of that.
    This one's a real corker. Welsh Cardiff City fan attacks another Welsh Cardiff City fan, and convicted of a racial assault.

Cardiff City fan's race attack on 'English' supporter: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/8537165.stm

Probation officer Allan Robertson, 48, of Pontypridd, held Michael Bitti by the throat in front of his teenage son, then punched him in the head.
    I’d say he got the punishment he deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    it's funny how everything seems to be fine as long as it's legal, most stuff going on with Mexican children at the moment is legal
    Not Mexican children, they are Central American children, and 5 out of every 6 child is unaccompanied. Of the accompanied children, many are being trafficked or used as drug mules.

No dispute re the assault conviction. I'd describe the racial element aggravating the offence as Python-esque.

I don’t know he punched him in the face because he was english, I imagine if you read the whole law it isn’t as narrow as “person of a different race”, although the name of it does allow for attention grabbing headlines.

All in all Morrissey appears to be somewhat tiresome. Haven't heard much about him musically in recent years. I thought for a moment he might have been a candidate for the talented musicians dying young thread but, obviously he is too alive and too old to qualify for that and, possibly, not talented enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    All in all Morrissey appears to be somewhat tiresome. Haven't heard much about him musically in recent years. I thought for a moment he might have been a candidate for the talented musicians dying young thread but, obviously he is too alive and too old to qualify for that and, possibly, not talented enough ?
    "Not talented enough"

It takes absolutely 0 talent to write arguably the best album of all time (or the best according to Rolling Stone magazine) and keep a consistent successful career for over 30 years. Fairly sure he just come off the back of a sold out tour as well.

Without a doubt the best lyricist to ever live. And Johnny Marr wrote some of the best riffs of all time also.

Not talented enough

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Not talented enough
    Does the body rule the mind, or does the mind rule the body?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Does the body rule the mind, or does the mind rule the body?
    I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    "Not talented enough"

It takes absolutely 0 talent to write arguably the best album of all time (or the best according to Rolling Stone magazine) and keep a consistent successful career for over 30 years. Fairly sure he just come off the back of a sold out tour as well.

Without a doubt the best lyricist to ever live. And Johnny Marr wrote some of the best riffs of all time also.
    Well, as I am not an expert on Morrissey, I posed the question about his degree of talent and you responded and you think he is - fair enough.

However you also say "Without a doubt the best lyricist to ever live". That's quite a claim considering all the lyricists that have contributed to all genres of music over the centuries. Perhaps I might not be inclined to agree with you on that one.

"Not talented enough"

Is the smiths and Morrissey the only music you've ever heard? With that statement it must be

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Not Mexican children, they are Central American children, and 5 out of every 6 child is unaccompanied. Of the accompanied children, many are being trafficked or used as drug mules.
    You can't just make comments like this without backing them up with sources. Where did you get this information from?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You can't just make comments like this without backing them up with sources. Where did you get this information from?
    It's Wales bales he just makes it up as he goes along

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Is the smiths and Morrissey the only music you've ever heard? With that statement it must be
    He isn't the only one to think it.
    https://consequenceofsound.net/2009/...h-pop-history/

I think his lyrics are brilliant as well. Not as miserable as people who don't listen to him make out, quite witty actually.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    No, I listen to a wide variety of music thanks - it's just true.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That's why I have him on ignore, he lives in a dream world and will never think he's not right

Can anyone point to anything he's said that's actually racist?

Well, as I am not an expert on Morrissey, I posed the question about his degree of talent and you responded and you think he is - fair enough.

However you also say "Without a doubt the best lyricist to ever live". That's quite a claim considering all the lyricists that have contributed to all genres of music over the centuries. Perhaps I might not be inclined to agree with you on that one.
    It would be quite a task listening to every lyric ever penned over the centuries and in every language.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pete View Post
    Can anyone point to anything he's said that's actually racist?
    It's actually crazy. He has 2 mexican band mates, and has been pictures countless of times with '**** Trump' tshirts on.

I bet some people calling him racist love David Bowie, who literally said we need a facist leader, and that Hitler was the first superstar.

International

"Not talented enough"

Without a doubt in my opinion the best lyricist to ever live. And Johnny Marr wrote some of the best riffs of all time also.

there you are, I corrected that for you. There is a doubt because personally I think he is shite!!!!

I think he is hugely talented.

Much of the criticism of his racism comes from his extreme vegetarianism so Islam is in the firing line frequently. He does not feel there is any humane way of killing animals to eat them and sees religious institutions promoting certain ways of killing animals as loathsome.

However, his dislike of Islam for this reason has tipped over into some overtly inappropriate comments.

He has also come out with many stupid things over the years, remember "You can’t help but feel that the Chinese people are a sub-species.”?

And the bizarre "I nearly voted for Ukip. I like Nigel Farage a great deal.”, like Farage???? Even if people agree with Farage, which us unimaginable enough, to actual 'like' him? Please.

He recently defended Kevin Spacey claiming he was 'unfairly attacked'. His statement trying to defend his comments was laughable.

Sadly his uniqueness, which was once refreshing, is now tedious and boring. Maybe he and Mourinho could hang out together at a bull fight.

Super talented guy, but talks complete and utter shite.