+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump and the US economy

Trump and the US economy

Christ it's going to burst into flames , the man's an idiot , just seen an article on newsnight , he's splashing cash like Peter string fellow on a cheap rate slapper

Re: Trump and the US economy

Yes, when the massive debt induced US bubbles pop the fallout will be epic. Not just there but worldwide. Hollywood foretold it best in a film called Rollover.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Christ it's going to burst into flames , the man's an idiot , just seen an article on newsnight , he's splashing cash like Peter string fellow on a cheap rate slapper
    The global financial system was broken long before Trump became president. What he is doing is positioning America for what comes next. Bringing back manufacturing and increasing oil production, etc., are all steps towards attaining economic self-sufficiency. And by strengthening the military it will provide protection during any instability. Newsnight is interesting to witness the globalists panic, they don't even pretend to be neutral anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The global financial system was broken long before Trump became president. What he is doing is positioning America for what comes next. Bringing back manufacturing and increasing oil production, etc., are all steps towards attaining economic self-sufficiency. And by strengthening the military it will provide protection during any instability. Newsnight is interesting to witness the globalists panic, they don't even pretend to be neutral anymore.
    Takes one to know one I suppose .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Takes one to know one I suppose .
    I thought the Hungarian foreign minister stood his ground quite well under extreme provocation The Newsnight presenter was clearly trying to control the narrative, as opposed to conducting an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    WB - I thought America was nearly self sufficient due to all the fracking ?
    Reading up on some of the Hargreeves Lansdown articles and especially some stuff by Neil Woodford - from what I read - there is a another massive credit bubble, that when it hits will have the same effect as 2007. It's not helped by US spending which introduces inflation (take not people who want to spend spend spend all at once).

Wouldnt it be so much nicer if we could all live in a way that's better for the planet we live on, rather than trying feck over another country - thought for the day.
    I think the next crash will bring with it a total financial reset. Christine Legarde has spoken about it now numerous occasions, long before Trump came on the scene. It still makes sense to start making things at home, that you can trade for other goods. Countries like Britain are going to suffer if we don't get our act together. We seem to excel at businesses such as coffee shops, pound shops, and charity shops.

Trump just asked Saudi Arabia to increase their oil production due to instability in Iran and Venezuela, and they obliged. In days gone by they would have held the west to ransom. Instigating world peace has its benefits.

Trump just asked Saudi Arabia to increase their oil production due to instability in Iran and Venezuela, and they obliged. In days gone by they would have held the west to ransom. Instigating world peace has its benefits.
    I suppose that's one way of looking at it

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/t...uction-n888011

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    I suppose that's one way of looking at it

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/t...uction-n888011
    So who's lying?

1. Trump
    2. King Salman
    3. Fake News Media

Trump's threatening sanctions and/or tariffs on any country who dares to trade with Iran. It's an element of his Israel First policy along with his troops illegally squatting on Syrian soil.

So who's lying?

1. Trump
    2. King Salman
    3. Fake News Media
    To be fair I did pick a report from one of your favoured right wing outlets. There are any number of news channels saying the same thing.

You appear to be taking one persons tweet as absolute undeniable truth. Not exactly objective is it?

To be fair I did pick a report from one of your favoured right wing outlets. There are any number of news channels saying the same thing.

You appear to be taking one persons tweet as absolute undeniable truth. Not exactly objective is it?
    He was the person who made the phone call

NBC News are right wing?

PS I don't have any favoured news outlets.

He was the person who made the phone call

NBC News are right wing?

PS I don't have any favoured news outlets.
    So anyone makes a phonecall and tweets about the content of the call is to be unconditionally believed.

So anyone makes a phonecall and tweets about the content of the call is to be unconditionally believed.
    That's why I posed the question, somebody is lying.

That's why I posed the question, somebody is lying.
    And I would suggest no-one apart from those involved would know the answer to that.

In the absence of any other evidence, I really don't see how anyone remotely objective could come to a firm conclusion either way

P.S. Apologies for getting it wrong re CNBC - My bad!

And I would suggest no-one apart from those involved would know the answer to that.

In the absence of any other evidence, I really don't see how anyone remotely objective could come to a firm conclusion either way

P.S. Apologies for getting it wrong re CNBC - My bad!
    It only requires two parties to confirm what is true, i.e. Trump/Salman or Salman/NBC. The truth will come out eventually.

It only requires two parties to confirm what is true, i.e. Trump/Salman or Salman/NBC. The truth will come out eventually.
    More than happy to wait for the truth to come out, just questioning why you would post this:

"Trump just asked Saudi Arabia to increase their oil production due to instability in Iran and Venezuela, and they obliged. In days gone by they would have held the west to ransom. Instigating world peace has its benefits."

as a statement of fact, when by your own admission the truth has yet to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Perhaps he's far left in disguise and is buying a people's utopia, in the mood of Venuzalia.

More than happy to wait for the truth to come out, just questioning why you would post this:

"Trump just asked Saudi Arabia to increase their oil production due to instability in Iran and Venezuela, and they obliged. In days gone by they would have held the west to ransom. Instigating world peace has its benefits."

as a statement of fact, when by your own admission the truth has yet to come out.
    Trump tweeted it, which I assume is his account of what took place.

It's awesome how the money changers and their minions have prevented an economic implosion since 2008 when Lehman Brothers and Bear Stearns blew up. What'll be the trigger is anyone's guess, but my top pick remains Deutsche Bank going bust. It was described by the IMF as the world's most dangerous bank in 2015. It's share price is very close to a record low today having bombed over 40% in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It's awesome how the money changers and their minions have prevented an economic implosion since 2008 when Lehman Brothers and Bear Stearns blew up. What'll be the trigger is anyone's guess, but my top pick remains Deutsche Bank going bust. It was described by the IMF as the world's most dangerous bank in 2015. It's share price is very close to a record low today having bombed over 40% in 2018.
    They will weasel past it

I've had the same strategy for a decade as a safeguard against a sudden and catastrophic economic shock. A year's worth of cash close at hand (down my right sock to be precise), mountains of grub, coffee, alcohol, etc. The booze will be excellent for bartering purposes. There's never more than a £1,000 in my current account as I suspect capital controls and bank bail-ins (confiscating depositors' money, see Cyprus 2013) will be implemented.

As a comparison to the US chart further up, UK national debt in 1981 was £127 billion and 53% of GDP. Today it's £1,800 billion and 85% of GDP. In May 2010 when Cameron became Prime Minister, UK debt stood at around 1,000 billion which equated to 67% of GDP. In spite of their success at cutting the annual deficit through austerity for all except their banking chums and keeping the base rate artificially low, the raw figures demonstrate HMS Blighty is a sinking ship.