+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Messi v Ronaldo

Messi v Ronaldo

Who'll be the first one home to sleep in their own bed?

Re: Messi v Ronaldo

Ronaldo.

I’m assuming that they're both travelling from the airports nearest the stadiums on fast private jets to the capital of their own country. They will be travelling at about 850kmh. Buenos Aires is 14000 km from Kazan so if Messi and co boarded their plane at 7pm BST he should be in bed by 1pm BST tomorrow. The Argie flight would have needed to stop to refuel somewhere along the way.

Sochi is 4000 km from Lisbon so assuming that the Portuguese leave Sochi at 11pm BST then Ronaldo will be in bed at 5am.

It feels like the end of an era, a changing of the guard. Our beloved heroes flying in opposite directions to their lonely beds, with the memory of what they so desired finally beyond their grasp.

Tonight Mbappé showed that he may equal or surpass their achievements.

Bitter sweet but we seen the new Brazilian Ronaldo type player in Mbappe.
    We haven't seen a striker like that since him.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    And let's us not forget the white scottish Pogba

Mbappe's run through for the penalty immediately made me think that's what I'm hoping to see from Murphy; is that just fanciful?

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    No chance Messi and Ronaldo are incredible talents it's just strange that their careers happened at exactly the same time.
    Without the other they would both have 10 ballon.dor's each.

Mbappe is an excellent player but seems to have benefitted in having a physique of someone 5 years older

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    No chance Messi and Ronaldo are incredible talents it's just strange that their careers happened at exactly the same time.
    Without the other they would both have 10 ballon.dor's each.

Mbappe is an excellent player but seems to have benefitted in having a physique of someone 5 years older
    If Mbappė wins the World Cup with France this year he will, at 19, have trumped any single achievement of either of his illustrious rivals. To say that he has “no chance” of being as good as them seems a little premature given his performance yesterday.

I do find these claims that we'll never see players as good as Messi and Ronaldo a little bizarre as we have no idea whether that will be the case. On the flipside I don't think we can compare someone who has had one good season with Monaco and one decent season with PSG and two good games in Russia with two phenomenal talents who stayed at the top of their game for near 15 years!