+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Film The Big Short Anyone ?

Film The Big Short Anyone ?

Only just watched this film, really fascinating film about the start of the collapsing of the financial markets , it has everything from informative , through to dark comedy and tenseness.

Check out free on Netflix
    "The Big Short" on Netflix
    www.netflix.com/title/80075560?source=android

Whats your views

Re: Film The Big Short Anyone ?

Enjoyable.

If you like that try margin call

It's years since I watched it but from what I remember it provides and interesting tale on how poorly many financial institutions are run. When trading positions drift badly from fundamentals and there is little or no understanding of risk we will get meltdowns in markets.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    It's years since I watched it but from what I remember it provides and interesting tale on how poorly many financial institutions are run. When trading positions drift badly from fundamentals and there is little or no understanding of risk we will get meltdowns in markets.
    I'd also run my business poorly, and take huge risks if I knew I would get bailed out if things went tits up.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Enjoyable.

If you like that try margin call
    Yes I saw it recommended,nice ,cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    They were selling loabs to folks with no qualification needed including immigrants who had no way of repaying the loan, the bit with the stripper who had 5 loans / mortgages summed it up.