Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Tomlin ...

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Lee Tomlin ...

Re: Lee Tomlin ...

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    He's breathing in.

I mentioned in another thread that he'd get perhaps one chance in pre-season to prove to NW that he should be kept for the Prem. If he's trying to take that chance then that's good news

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I mentioned in another thread that he'd get perhaps one chance in pre-season to prove to NW that he should be kept for the Prem. If he's trying to take that chance then that's good news
    I'm not convinced. NW might feel he was let down by his unprofessionalism. He's his own worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I'm not convinced. NW might feel he was let down by his unprofessionalism. He's his own worst enemy.
    I'm not convinced either, but he doesn't have to convince me. IF he can get up to the level he needs to be then he has that X-factor in midfield that we could really do with next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

If he’s got any sense of ambition he’ll give it a go.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    He's breathing in.
    Maybe ... but from what I can make out from the picture, it appears he has lost weight across top of body.

A fit Tomlin would be a huge boost.

He’s got the X factor for midfield. Just not the legs. Would love to see him succeed here. Hopefully playing regular for forest has done him good. Good player to bring on when we are chasing a game I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    He’s got the X factor for midfield. Just not the legs. Would love to see him succeed here. Hopefully playing regular for forest has done him good. Good player to bring on when we are chasing a game I reckon.
    That’s a good point. He could be more use in the premier than he was in the championship. Thankfully we were rarely chasing games so he was hardly ever needed. In fairness such as reading away when he was he did ok.

In the premier league we are more likely to be behind and requiring to do something cleverer and different. If the opposition are in front and let us have the ball let’s be honest there’s not much we can do to surprise them. Tomlin or at least someone like him could be an option.

It ha can get himself fit, move down here and settle down he could be just what we need.

He’s capable of doing stuff no one else in the squad can and on his day is a real pleasure to watch.

I’d be really pleased if he’s put his problems behind him and is ready to really fight for his place.

He’s got an opportunity now that he may have thought had passed him by

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    That’s a good point. He could be more use in the premier than he was in the championship. Thankfully we were rarely chasing games so he was hardly ever needed. In fairness such as reading away when he was he did ok.

In the premier league we are more likely to be behind and requiring to do something cleverer and different. If the opposition are in front and let us have the ball let’s be honest there’s not much we can do to surprise them. Tomlin or at least someone like him could be an option.
    Yep give the lad a chance skill in abundance could be his big chance

LT has never been my fave in a Warnock team tbh but as people have said, he does have a footballing brain and no mean skill to go with it.
    I do think he looks good now he seems to have lost a bit of timber.

That said, looking good and seemingly fit does not mean he will get about the pitch any quicker as you have to have the lungs for it too.

Like Madine though, he is here and ours and deserves a chance to show whether capable or not.
    We have nothing to lose and always have the card up our sleeve where he can easily be offloaded to a championship side where he is proven.

Well if he's like that now just think what he'll be like after a decent pre-season.His last and only chance at top level.

How different is he to Jonjo Shelvey? Shelvey contributed quite a bit last year to Newcastle but also didn't track back or always look interested.

Maybe ... but from what I can make out from the picture, it appears he has lost weight across top of body.

A fit Tomlin would be a huge boost.
    Besides which, you don’t look thinner when you breathe in

Would a fully fit and keen Tomlin save us a lot of money and be the link player we need ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Well he didn’t have much before and now his wages have doubled by doing nothing, he prob thinks he’s doing things just right. Has he ever played at the highest level?

If I remember correctly the Wurzels fans on OTIB were saying that he seemed to have lost weight this time last year just before he signed for us. When he went to Forest on loan the fans there were initially pleased with his signing and were comparing him with Andy Reid and wondering whether they were destined to have another tubby midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Well he didn’t have much before and now his wages have doubled by doing nothing, he prob thinks he’s doing things just right. Has he ever played at the highest level?
    He played 6 matches for Bournemouth in the Premier League. He lasted only 5 months there before they offloaded him to Bristol.

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Who says his wages have doubled?
    Besides you I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Who says his wages have doubled?
    Besides you I mean?
    I think there was something in the Nottingham Press saying they'd have to look for a loan for Tomlin now as they could not afford his wages now we'd been promoted

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Yep spot on , a fit dedicated Tomlin, with his excellent skills would be a big plus as we lack that playmaker.

probably the only blue shirt he'll wear this year

Bristol City fans said the same last pre season before he joined us.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Bristol City fans said the same last pre season before he joined us.
    They did indeed. They had a photo of him pre-season, saying how lean he looked.