+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shame there's no VAR in the Prem this coming season...

Shame there's no VAR in the Prem this coming season...

Looking at some of the holding in the Penalty area that is being picked up by VAR I reckon it would hugely benefit the way we play and the players we have.

Re: Shame there's no VAR in the Prem this coming season...

I agree. The lack of VAR definitely benefits the big teams as we saw last time we were in the premier league

I’m not a fan of VAR in general, but this is the one side of it I like. The amount of fouls on Morrison in the opposition box last season that went unpunished was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Looking at some of the holding in the Penalty area that is being picked up by VAR I reckon it would hugely benefit the way we play and the players we have.
    VAR has NOT picked up holding in the pelanty box - loads gone on unpunished.

Quote Originally Posted by rightsaidfred View Post
    VAR has NOT picked up holding in the pelanty box - loads gone on unpunished.
    Some of the decisions in the earlier round were all about VAR and holding - but I take your point that we've seen some incoherent decisions regarding holding

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Agree with this.
    Not a VAR fan but if this is the way football is heading, I wish it would happen this season as we sure won't be given much, what with the expected negative propaganda from the media and pundits.

Before I'm accused of paranoia, I believe this happens to all the "smaller" clubs and VAR could help us all.

And that's the problem with VAR - its all subjective. I like the idea but its all about implementation.

Whitts would have been top scorer last time in the prem and that's just after the Liverpool game if there was VAr