Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
Couldn't make it up mate, Spain struggle in the final third and Costa is probably the worst type of striker they actually need, a was surprised they didn't take fabregas or morata
To be honest mate I was disgusted by Hierro's tactics on Sunday and throughout the whole competition.

Silva, Iniesta, Thiago and Isco are all fabulous footballers but none of them are known for their goal scoring instinct so playing them all together without asking them to play further up the field was madness.

I suppose that's why he brought in Asensio but he has become a shadow of his former self this season and like Bale he needs to escape Real Madrid if Ronaldo stays there.

I actually felt for Costa. All three strikers, Costa, Aspas and Rodrigo have played in 4-4-2 systems all season with Athletico, Celta and Valencia and then Hierro isolates them with no midfielders even trying to join in.

Don't get me started on Koke! What was he doing on Sunday? Surely he wasn't instructed to play so deep! A double pivot against Russia ffs!

Absolutely bizarre. I hope heads roll as a result of this. Guardiola and Cruyff's school of thought is a wonderful way to play football but it is only effective if you play through the lines. Spain didn't even attempt to do this Sunday and deserved to go out.