+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Will City get plaudits

Will City get plaudits

When we adopt Russian like tactics next season when City play the top 6 in the Premier League. ?
    Shearer on BBC and Dixon on ITV used words like magnificent or likewise to describe Russia”s method of dealing with Spain’s tip-tap football which was so underwhelming and disappointing !

I hope if we have to adopt those tactics that we get praised too but somehow I fear the Warnock/ Cardiff “anti-football “ comments will be used !

Re: Will City get plaudits

After watching Spain, I would call their display as anti- football.

The mind numbingly boring style of football.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    When we adopt Russian like tactics next season when City play the top 6 in the Premier League. ?
    Shearer on BBC and Dixon on ITV used words like magnificent or likewise to describe Russia”s method of dealing with Spain’s tip-tap football which was so underwhelming and disappointing !

I hope if we have to adopt those tactics that we get praised too but somehow I fear the Warnock/ Cardiff “anti-football “ comments will be used !
    Not a chance in hell. Last on MOD, and mostly negative comments no matter how well we play.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post

My thoughts entirely when viewing the game last night. The partiality of some pundits is staggering. "Burnley ... wonderful; Cardiff City ... neanderthal! " also comes to mind. And yet last season we had the most possession in the final third if I'm not mistaken of all Championship sides.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    My thoughts entirely when viewing the game last night. The partiality of some pundits is staggering. "Burnley ... wonderful; Cardiff City ... neanderthal! " also comes to mind. And yet last season we had the most possession in the final third if I'm not mistaken of all Championship sides.

StT.
    <><
    I dont want us to be liked , I want plenty of critism, as it means were staying up .

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Heaven forfend that we should ever become anybody’s favorite second team

But that's partly because England see an easier game in Russia than Spain whereas if we do it next year we'll be a stain on Pep's EPL.

Alan Shearer has said that couldn't care less if England win the tournament on set pieces. If he ever becomes critical of any team for relying them, he needs to be reminded of that article.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Alan Shearer has said that couldn't care less if England win the tournament on set pieces. If he ever becomes critical of any team for relying them, he needs to be reminded of that article.
    This^^^^

Belgium pulled it back to 2-2, using "OUR NEIL'S" tactics, then reverted to square passes and nearly lost it.

Get the F ucking thing in the box

I don’t care if people don’t like us , it is Warnock,his back room staff and the players not getting the credit and respect they deserved last season for the consistency over 46 games without spending millions on players is what boils my p*** !
    Wolves and Fulham play the right way, Villa and Derby are big clubs ... how dare we gatecrash their define right to promotion , how dare Warnock send his team out with a game plan to nullify the opposition and play to our strengths .

Now of course we are in the Premier League which clearly we are now going to embarrass with our agricultural football and might as well not bother as we are the worse team EVER to be promoted and will get the lowest number of points !

I can’t wait for 11th August !! Come on City !!

Cardiff will be the equivalent of Wimbledon when they were in the top flight and I don't recall that team getting many plaudits.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post

StT.
    <><
    We did, along with more shots on goal than Wolvesalona and Fulham.

Ahh , they don’t look at that stat - they much prefer the possession and number of completed passes stats ignoring the fact that you need to shoot to score!

Similarly we get labelled as physical yet finished well up the fair play league !