+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A central midfielder for us?

A central midfielder for us?

Doubt it myself, but I think he is the type of player we need;-

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...nemouth-future

Re: A central midfielder for us?

Him and Gosling must be panicking about not getting games now that Brooks has been signed,but are they good enough for Premiership?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Him and Gosling must be panicking about not getting games now that Brooks has been signed,but are they good enough for Premiership?
    Brooks won't replace them, but Lerma will. Brooks is one for the future but will play higher up the pitch. I wouldn't be upset if we signed Arter. However, he only played 13 times in a pretty poor Bournemouth side so I think there could be better, cheaper options out there. I'd take him over our current options next to Ralls, O'Keefe and Damour.

I can't see the link as Skysports is on the blocked list .... but I heard that City are waiting on the outcome of a merry go around between Bournemouth & Newcastle involving Brooks, Harry Arter, Dan Gosling, Matt Ritchie, Josh King & Dwight Gayle.

Something like Brooks & Ritchie to Bournemouth frees up Gosling & Arter
    Josh King to Newcastle frees up Dwight Gayle.

Potential for City to buy Gosling & loan Arter & Gayle?

He's a really good player Bob but I think from what I've seen the Turkish boy Arslan would be perfect and would be on lower wages.

Without wishing to be controversial in the slightest, Gary Medel would have been exactly the sort of midfielder we should bring in.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Without wishing to be controversial in the slightest, Gary Medel would have been exactly the sort of midfielder we should bring in.....
    I agree 100%, he's the one from the last attempt at this who I'd go with again. Supposedly now worth £4M, so roughly the same as Gosling. He'd have to learn English though, he didn't even attempt it 1st time around!

I agree, he’d be great in this side

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I agree, he’d be great in this side
    He's 30 now same club as the other lad Arslan we have looked at Beşiktaş , more defensive than midfield ?

Yes, Gary would be excellent in this team.

we need a midfielder to take our set pieces and link play Snodgrass or Arter could fill these roles. Maybe Warnock will play Bamba as a defensive mid and a back 3 of Cunningham, Morrrison and Manga with Bennett and Richards as wing backs?

A player I have always liked is Sam Baldock from Brighton, played well against us and always seemed to have a bit of class,I know he was injured at the start of last season but came back after Christmas and didn’t seem to get much game time, he plays as central midfield or striker, I don’t know if any others have noticed him.