+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Players under contract

Players under contract

The list of Premier League players under contract (plus scholars and released players) posted by Sky Sports is amazing if true.

There are a few obvious errors (Fred Guonongbe will always be in our thoughts even if he is never on any media list, and surely Mark Hudson isn't still registered with Huddersfield?) but most teams seem to have 35/40+ contracted players, with only the 3 promoted teams down around 20/25.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...by-their-clubs

I didn't realise so many established clubs had so many players stacked up in their reserves, and nowhere near their 25 man squads.

Re: Players under contract

Most of the squads are huge. Even Wolves compares with some of them

Re: Players under contract

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The list of Premier League players under contract (plus scholars and released players) posted by Sky Sports is amazing if true.

There are a few obvious errors (Fred Guonongbe will always be in our thoughts even if he is never on any media list, and surely Mark Hudson isn't still registered with Huddersfield?) but most teams seem to have 35/40+ contracted players, with only the 3 promoted teams down around 20/25.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...by-their-clubs

I didn't realise so many established clubs had so many players stacked up in their reserves, and nowhere near their 25 man squads.
    I'm not sure how they've compiled those lists. Ours is missing Hoilett, the new signings and the under-23 lads who are under contract yet Man City's list includes Rabbi Matondo, Leicester's includes Rhys Davies and, as you say, Huddersfield's includes Mark Hudson even though he retired at the end of the 2016-17 season. We've got around ten players who've been offered new deals too so it's a bit early to be drawing conclusions from lists like that anyway.