+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harry Kane and his merry band of men 🙄

Re: Harry Kane and his merry band of men 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    OK yiu live in Somerset, we feel for all of your nice English friends. Let's all hold hands and support England. Does that make you feel better?

Its a sport, lighten up.
    You made it up then. Thought so.

OK yiu live in Somerset, we feel for all of your nice English friends. Let's all hold hands and support England. Does that make you feel better?

Its a sport, lighten up.
    You said last week you didn’t have much affection (or words to the effect anyway) for the Welsh. During the Wales Ireland build up last autumn you made plenty of disparaging comments about Wales and Cardiff and yet claim for be a Cardiff fan.

Must be great being so petty and spiteful all the time.

Hope England win, plenty of English mates and a few English family.
    England’s alright with me 😉👍

Feck England, come in Colombia

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    You said last week you didn’t have much affection (or words to the effect anyway) for the Welsh. During the Wales Ireland build up last autumn you made plenty of disparaging comments about Wales and Cardiff and yet claim for be a Cardiff fan.

He needs to lighten up

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You made it up then. Thought so.
    What are you talking about? Getting all precious about 'they dont like the England' they have a chip on their shoulder etc.

You trot out the same guff every time.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Feck England, come in Colombia
    David Seaman has backed Gareth southgate after his decision to play a changed side, could`ve sworn the whole of England laughed at the ex Arsenal goalie after some of his gaffs, now it appears all the English fans like Seamen.

Did I really? Let's not forget I have strong Welsh connection .

For Cardiff? Are yiu sure? Let's get over the tongue in cheek comments.

Claim to be a Cardiff fan? My next game will cost me around €400. Would anyone 'pretend' to be a city fan?

I follow Cardiff, I have for many years. Do I support Wales? No.

Petty and spiteful? Its a mb. I'm a gent away from here. Though I'd like to give one or two here a clatter. :)

See you at the Newcastle game.

England’s alright with me 😉👍
    I've Colombian connections, come on Colombia! :)

3-1 England unfortunately

I`ve family in Canada, (british Columbia) does that count . Columbia 125 England 0.

What are you talking about? Getting all precious about 'they dont like the England' they have a chip on their shoulder etc.

You trot out the same guff every time.
    Your misrepresenting my comments and going off at tangents doesn't help your case. Why not read what is actually written? It's not that difficult.

Bugger Nationalism? Except British nationalism of course
    colonising

LILLE

AMSTERDAM

MANY FANS + MEDIA = CONSITENTLY ARROGANT = TOSSERS.

ABE.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It the old chip on the Welsh shoulder,why we cant be proud of what we have without referring to evil England as if we some second class nation is beyond me,lets take the moral high ground and move on .
    I must admit, in the 90's i was one of the first to laugh at England getting beat again

It is not till you move away from Wales that you realise how big that " chip on the Welsh shoulder " is, reading some of the posts by the " nationalists " ( in a loose use of the term, as i am sure nationalists do slightly more that bang away at a keyboard about his the English are our masters and we must rise to defeat them ) we used to have them on here, " oh England this, England that " its laughable really

I don't mind England but I do have a little chuckle when they lose.
    They've been overhyped massively since their first two games though considering they were banging on about not expecting much.
    Bare in mind they lost to Belgium's reserves (and even they didn't get out of 2nd gear) and drew over 120 minutes against what was the worst performance from a team that I've seen at this World Cup.
    Perspective.

The further England go, the better for me.
    I have a healthy wedge on Brazil, and if they can navigate past Belgium, and France/ Uruguay, i’d much rather they play England in the final than Croatia Sweden or Russia

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I must admit, in the 90's i was one of the first to laugh at England getting beat again

It is not till you move away from Wales that you realise how big that " chip on the Welsh shoulder " is, reading some of the posts by the " nationalists " ( in a loose use of the term, as i am sure nationalists do slightly more that bang away at a keyboard about his the English are our masters and we must rise to defeat them ) we used to have them on here, " oh England this, England that " its laughable really
    Seems like you've turned to the dark side Obi wan

What's this chip everyone keeps mentioning just cause we would like England to lose?

Re: Harry Kane and his merry band of men ��

England’s alright with me ����
    I know plenty of top people who are English and have a few English relatives as well.
    However, I hope they get stiffed by a dodgy VAR decision so I can personally laugh in everyone of their faces.

What's this chip everyone keeps mentioning just cause we would like England to lose?
    Apparently not wanting England to win the World Cup = Hating England and English people

I thought that aswell and had a bit of a 5 min think about it

In reality, i dont care if they win or lose, which i can say the same about the Irish and Scottish, infact most international teams, they are just that, another team that is not Wales

I have said it before on here, the amount of English people who congratulated me on Wales performance in the Euro 16's really was a eye opener, infact people were supporting Wales ( apart from when they played England ) right from the start, we were the 2nd team to most of them right from the word go

Ffs just turned on SSN and they're now comparing pep winning the league coinciding with Spain ( Barcelona) and Germany (brayern) winning the world cup so obviously pep won the English league so England will win the world cup this time

In reality, i dont care if they win or lose, which i can say the same about the Irish and Scottish, infact most international teams, they are just that, another team that is not Wales

I have said it before on here, the amount of English people who congratulated me on Wales performance in the Euro 16's really was a eye opener, infact people were supporting Wales ( apart from when they played England ) right from the start, we were the 2nd team to most of them right from the word go
    This is where some get confused where we(Welsh) couldn't give 2 monkeys if they wanted us to do well jumping on our band wagon to them (English) expecting us to wish them well

It feels condescending though doesn't it.

It's easy to be nice when you are doing it from a position of power. It's a strange dynamic that has probably got an adjective all of it's own by now but I'll try to put it into words without being overly dramatic. We are ruled by a government (and their people by association) which looks upon us as a patch of wasteland that might reap some minor profit one day and is worth holding onto. In the eyes of your average english person we are pretty much a foreign but uninteresting land that has some sort of ambiguous connection theirs. We are much more conscious of them than they are of us because their impact on our lives is immeasurably than ours on theirs.

A lot of us don't like "them" (by which I mean their institutions and their overbearing influence on our lives) but they they care so little about us that they don't even realise a) dislike certain aspects of their culture and/or b) understand that their goverment has and continuous to disrespect us. On top of that, they think we can all be friends because they don't have a football team to follow!

Like I said, it's a weird dynamic. But it is infuriating.

This is where some get confused where we(Welsh) couldn't give 2 monkeys if they wanted us to do well jumping on our band wagon to them (English) expecting us to wish them well
    I am sure you might be reading too much into " them " jumping on our bandwagon and " them " expecting us to with them well

it might be that " chip " though

I am sure you might be reading too much into " them " jumping on our bandwagon and " them " expecting us to with them well

it might be that " chip " though
    Witnessed first hand , I'm not saying all English people are wankers just most of them