+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry Kane and his merry band of men 🙄

Harry Kane and his merry band of men 🙄

Ffs. No wonder many neutrals want England to fail. I just turned radio Cornwall on and thats the first mutterings i heard, then an interview asking if he had hit his target of goals yet. Theyre being talked about as something special, and all theyve done is beaten Tunisia and Panama ffs whilst losing to Belgium. I really do hope Columbia do the business later 😎

Re: Harry Kane and his merry band of men 🙄

It's beyond belief isn't it , two mediocre sides , one defeat and they are world beaters

Mind you we get the same with the rugby shoved down our throats

Well I'm guessing the media and fans as usual are over the top , im glad we didn't see that happen to Wales in the Euros , they could learn from our constraints.

As for Kane the team and manager I think they have shown constraints at at times played , albeit against average oppostion.

I will cheer them on as they are British and a good group of players ,bugger nationalism .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's beyond belief isn't it , two mediocre sides , one defeat and they are world beaters

Mind you we get the same with the rugby shoved down our throats
    Oh, the tired old crap of stereotyping a whole country by a few idiots on a radio station. Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Well I'm guessing the media and fans as usual are over the top , im glad we didn't see that happen to Wales in the Euros , they could learn from our constraints.

As for Kane the team and manager I think they have shown constraints at at times played , albeit against average oppostion.

I will cheer them on as they are British and a good group of players ,bugger nationalism .
    British when their fans Nazi salute in Russia but English if they win the tournament. You know how this works.

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    Ffs. No wonder many neutrals want England to fail. I just turned radio Cornwall on and thats the first mutterings i heard, then an interview asking if he had hit his target of goals yet. Theyre being talked about as something special, and all theyve done is beaten Tunisia and Panama ffs whilst losing to Belgium. I really do hope Columbia do the business later ��

My daughter's bf is staying with us, he's from Cornwall, so obviously supports Ingurlund (and Chelsea, ffs).
    He was cheering when the krauts went out, and when Japan scored, as if the way was being cleared for Southgate's men to win the cup by default.

I pointed out that some of the big guns may have been knocked out, but you still have to play those sides that did the "knocking out".

C'mon Columbia!

Bugger Nationalism? Except British nationalism of course

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Oh, the tired old crap of stereotyping a whole country by a few idiots on a radio station. Yawn.
    I know it's pathetic, so many seem to have such a huge chip on their shoulder on here.

The front page of the sun today is a joke but I don't think every english person is like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I know it's pathetic, so many seem to have such a huge chip on their shoulder on here.

The front page of the sun today is a joke but I don't think every english person is like that.
    No one has said every English person is like that.

Why are there so few England fans in Russia?

Fear?
    Were there logistical issues?

It doesn't seem to have affected the South American fans who are there in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Fear?

It doesn't seem to have affected the South American fans who are there in droves.
    I think its most certainly fear.

I can't believe the amount of South Americans who are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    No one has said every English person is like that.
    Apart from three people in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You can't criticise English sporting associations and media without being accused of generalising,about ALL English?

Get a grip and man up.

You can't criticise English sporting associations and media without being accused of generalising,about ALL English?

Get a grip and man up.
    "the media and fans as usual are over the top"
    "It's beyond belief isn't it , two mediocre sides , one defeat and they are world beaters"
    "Ffs. No wonder many neutrals want England to fail."
    "He was cheering when the krauts went out, and when Japan scored, as if the way was being cleared for Southgate's men to win the cup by default."

Sounds like four people have generalised pretty well in this thread, so it wasn't three, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Fear?

Personally I think it has a lot to do with peoples' perception of the "England fan".
    Much of the enjoyment of following your team is the togetherness that football brings even to rival football fans.
    I'm not sure your "average" English football fan feels this.

It the old chip on the Welsh shoulder,why we cant be proud of what we have without referring to evil England as if we some second class nation is beyond me,lets take the moral high ground and move on .

The most amusing fact of this , all the English haters I know are sofa loving English premiership side watchers .

It the old chip on the Welsh shoulder,why we cant be proud of what we have without referring to evil England as if we some second class nation is beyond me,lets take the moral high ground and move on .

The most amusing fact of this , all the English haters I know are sofa loving English premiership side watchers .
    The biggest irony is that the team we support has a more than significant number of English players in the team when the morons are singing anti-English songs from the stands.

The biggest irony is that the team we support has a more than significant number of English players in the team when the morons are singing anti-English songs from the stands.
    When will we grown up as a nation

When will we grown up as a nation
    The chip on the shoulder stunts intellectual growth methinks.

get over yourself

Why do so many get offended by a lot of fans wanting England to lose? Its been that way for 50+ years. Rivalry, arrogance, perhaps having the worst fans of all time. I could go on.

Why do so many get offended by a lot of fans wanting England to lose? Its been that way for 50+ years. Rivalry, arrogance, perhaps having the worst fans of all time. I could go on.
    Who has stated that they have been 'offended' by anyone wanting England to lose? Or have you made that up?

These days anyone disagreeing with something is offended by it apparently.

Who has stated that they have been 'offended' by anyone wanting England to lose? Or have you made that up?
    OK yiu live in Somerset, we feel for all of your nice English friends. Let's all hold hands and support England. Does that make you feel better?

Its a sport, lighten up.