+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dyche / Warnock

Dyche / Warnock

Burnley stuck with Dyche when relegated and he managed to return them to the premiership.
    Importantly, the fans showed their support also.

Can we say the same about ourselves? If things aren't going well, I can imagine a lot demanding his head, particularly here.

Can you remember the meltdown after Xmas?

Re: Dyche / Warnock

Burnley weren't adrift at Xmas. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30544290

In fact, they were hardly adrift in early March: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31616985

As long as we stay in contact, I don't think we should lose our heads. Our fans will though.

OT, incredible Leicester stayed up that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Burnley weren't adrift at Xmas. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30544290

In fact, they were hardly adrift in early March: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31616985

As long as we stay in contact, I don't think we should lose our heads. Our fans will though.

OT, incredible Leicester stayed up that season.
    I was thinking more of our fans reaction after 4 defeats at Xmas/Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Our fans will throw a paddy if we go on a prolonged bad run. That's an absolute given.

Our fans will throw a paddy if we go on a prolonged bad run. That's an absolute given.
    That's a given with any club

Less of 'a paddy' we dont have tantrums. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    There were a lot more factors at play than just poor form

Plus he’ll have a lot of new and returned fans to keep happy plus the plastics

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Plus he’ll have a lot of new and returned fans to keep happy plus the plastic Paddy
    Sorted.

Dyche is the man for us when Warnock retires,pity he didn’t come with Malky?

And natural , as they care , the club's job is to react sensibly .

I should imagine if Malky had been more respectful and spoke with Tan about the recovery in year two ,work togther , rather make it a me v owner situation he may have had longer.

What I suspect this time around , Tan has been made aware of how easy it is too spend too much money by succumbing to greedy agents and still fail , and end up penniless , hence the excellent young prospect signings whk are capable of bouncing back, if we go down .

And perhaps the spend control is for a January window recovery where we would see us buy again to bolster or shore up our position ?

International

But as Neil has said, he doesn't like doing business in January, except for free agents, because the selling club know you need the player and the price is therefore inflated.

Can't argue with that logic but sometimes needs must..........

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But as Neil has said, he doesn't like doing business in January, except for free agents, because the selling club know you need the player and the price is therefore inflated.

Can't argue with that logic but sometimes needs must..........
    He's right, look how much we forked out for Madine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Dyche is the man for us when Warnock retires,pity he didn’t come with Malky?
    Dont you mean instead of Malky?

If we keep on playing the newly trendy let the opposition have the ball and hope to hit them on the break game and yet end up losing most weeks, then, yes, I'll be moaning, because what on earth does that style of football have to recommend it if your team aren't winning when using it?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If we keep on playing the newly trendy let the opposition have the ball and hope to hit them on the break game and yet end up losing most weeks, then, yes, I'll be moaning, because what on earth does that style of football have to recommend it if your team aren't winning when using it?
    Hmm, I'mm more confident - this world cup has shown that 'the Cardiff way' when organised and implemented effectively as a team strategy can be a successful one. It's our fixtures that I don't like - we have the members of the big six in two clumps, one in September and again in April. Need a win or two in the early games as September appears pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Hmm, I'mm more confident - this world cup has shown that 'the Cardiff way' when organised and implemented effectively as a team strategy can be a successful one. It's our fixtures that I don't like - we have the members of the big six in two clumps, one in September and again in April. Need a win or two in the early games as September appears pointless.
    I'm not saying how we'll do (I agree about our first three games), all I'm saying here is if we go about our business in the way I suspect we will and it proves to be unsuccessful, then I'll be one of the ones who are losing their heads as one of the contributors in this thread put it. My allegiance is to my team, not to a particular type of way of playing the game - we tried to play football "the right way" under Trollope and it was awful. Similarly, if I was Russian, I would loved the win over Spain, but as I'm not, I spent the one hundred and twenty minutes wishing Spain would grow a pair and impose their better quality on the game. So, if City are successful next season playing in a similar manner to the likes of Russia and Sweden, I'll love it, but if they aren't and are struggling, then I'll be slating a boring style of play that isn't working.

I'm not saying how we'll do (I agree about our first three games), all I'm saying here is if we go about our business in the way I suspect we will and it proves to be unsuccessful, then I'll be one of the ones who are losing their heads as one of the contributors in this thread put it. My allegiance is to my team, not to a particular type of way of playing the game - we tried to play football "the right way" under Trollope and it was awful. Similarly, if I was Russian, I would loved the win over Spain, but as I'm not, I spent the one hundred and twenty minutes wishing Spain would grow a pair and impose their better quality on the game. So, if City are successful next season playing in a similar manner to the likes of Russia and Sweden, I'll love it, but if they aren't and are struggling, then I'll be slating a boring style of play that isn't working.

Whereas what everybody should be doing really next season is backing the team and the manager to the hilt, come what may.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Whereas what everybody should be doing really next season is backing the team and the manager to the hilt, come what may.
    That she blows! Knew you'd be along soon.

So we aren't even allowed to discuss anything about the club on here unless it's 100 percent positive? So what's the point of any discussion then? Cannot wait to watch Warnock's invincibles lift the trophy next season!!!!

Completely agree, I'm hoping we play (at least against the non big clubs) like we did at the start of last season. The signings so far do give me hope at least that we are going to try and play it out quick from the back but using the wingers rather than aimlessly lumping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So we aren't even allowed to discuss anything about the club on here unless it's 100 percent positive? So what's the point of any discussion then? Cannot wait to watch Warnock's invincibles lift the trophy next season!!!!
    You can discuss/post what you want, I am not stopping you, but why am I not allowed to put my point of view ?. Its just as valid as yours or anybody else's. Why dont you post criticising people who continually moan about anything City. Oh, sorry - that would mean you would be having a go at yourself.

You can discuss/post what you want, I am not stopping you, but why am I not allowed to put my point of view ?. Its just as valid as yours or anybody else's. Why dont you post criticising people who continually moan about anything City. Oh, sorry - that would mean you would be having a go at yourself.
    Because it's the point of view of a 10 year old and you keep having a go at people who don't follow it. I rarely moan about city, I'm usually pretty positive I just don't see the problem with someone have the odd negative opinion.

You would be happy if we got trounced for 38 games?

Sometimes there's positive criticism