+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Penalty goal-Anyone?

Penalty goal-Anyone?

We've seen two incidents over the last couple of days when two players were clean through but were fouled before they could pull the trigger, Isn't there a shout for a penalty goal? i know that it's been spoken of before, but in both situations-Croatia and Sweden-Both players were likely to score. In my opinion i don't think that it is fair for the defending team to get another crack at stopping the goal. What ya reckon?

Re: Penalty goal-Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We've seen two incidents over the last couple of days when two players were clean through but were fouled before they could pull the trigger, Isn't there a shout for a penalty goal? i know that it's been spoken of before, but in both situations-Croatia and Sweden-Both players were likely to score. In my opinion i don't think that it is fair for the defending team to get another crack at stopping the goal. What ya reckon?
    I tend to agree, especially that Croatia one, he took it around the keeper with an open goal about 12 yards out and was fouled. A goal should be given if the referee deems he would've scored.
    Modric subsequently missed the penalty.
    Likewise the Suarez handball a few years ago.

glad a rule like that never existed when we played Leicester a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    glad a rule like that never existed when we played Leicester a few years back.
    Yes, best rugby tackle I've seen on a football pitch.

Great atmosphere at that game , fans got right behind team after Gyepes was sent off , I also think that was possibly Quinn”s best game for us