+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: COLOMBIA 1 - 1 ENGLAND. ENGLAND WIN ON PENALTIES

Re: FT: COLOMBIA 1 - 1 ENGLAND. ENGLAND WIN ON PENALTIES

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    FFS it's going to be unbearable now for at least a week.

More press hysteria, more hypocritical crap from pundits, and more pointless interviews with Jordan Cheating Henderson!
    It’s not coming home Jon.

The tw@t Hoiletted it. Pickford dived each team, had Uribe kept his head Colombia would have won

Colombia would have ripped England apart had Rodriguez played and they are very lucky that Sweden are the team they're up against next, they'll win that comfortably

On a sidenote, how embarrassing are ITV? Its unbearable to listen to

They only won because they played in red and thought they were Wales! Why didn’t Vardy take a pen, I thought he was a striker? Dier lucky with his,Henderson telegraphed his!

Deserved that. Columbia are a horrible side.

Delighted for them

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    They should beat Sweden to get to the semis now. But I still think they'll fail against almost any of the other 6 sides.
    Just hoping Russia don't fluke it against Croatia.
    Croatia should have enough to beat England on that showing.
    Sweden are beatable but a tough side, they beat Italy in the playoffs and should've got something against Germany whilst battering Mexico.

The worst case of refereeing I have seen involving one of the home nations teams, since the infamous Rudi Glochner of May 22nd '76.

Tonight's display of poor, crap pathetic refereeing from that myopic gutless yankee turd, had me cheering on England FFS. Glad to see them go through. A couple of the Columbian players should have walked before half time even. Cheating kents

Good for England, Colombia were right cheating twats

I find myself disliking most of the teams England play due to all the gamesmanship and fouling. It’s ruining the fun as I end up wanting England to win.

Alright lads?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex! View Post
    Alright lads?

Were you one of those fans chucking coins at homeless kids in Lille.....or one of the "people" throwing beer at tourists in Amsterdam ?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Deserved that. Columbia are a horrible side.

Delighted for them
    I agree, the worst side of Columbia on view. Glad they lost

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I find myself disliking most of the teams England play due to all the gamesmanship and fouling. It’s ruining the fun as I end up wanting England to win.
    It’s living in Cheltenham that’s done it to you. Far too much culture in your life.

It's much nicer watching it on Spanish TV. I'd prefer not to watch it than watch it on ITV.....the BBC is not much better.

I just feel that watching the world cup would be much better if you could watch the coverage from a country that isn't participating. It seems like every spare minute is filled with interviews of boring england footballers and gushing interviewers on english tv. I just watch the game and pretty much turn off and get anything else from podcasts.

The totally football show is good. Most of the people participating are english and they manage to remain generally neutral. The coverage and talk seems to be pretty fair and not overly england-scentric. It can be done.

I think a large part of me wants England out so that we can actually get some insight on other teams, and not have the feeling that most teams apart from england are largely incidental.

I hope the KGB get involved and slip a drop of polonium 210 in their brekkie.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I tried thinking like that half way through the first half - but just couldn't do it.

Despite the cheating and gamesmanship (granted Colombia worse than England - but both at it) I just whooped when Colombia equalised. I thought they were going to win in extra time. Even the fair and balanced ITV commentary team recognised that the tide had completely turned.

But now we will have a week (or more) of the worst possible England hype, and constant re-runs of Gareth Southgate pelanty misses to show what an exemplary manager he is (actually, he is) and how The Three Lions have achieved redemption. It will be sickening!

I tried thinking like that half way through the first half - but just couldn't do it.

Despite the cheating and gamesmanship (granted Colombia worse than England - but both at it) I just whooped when Colombia equalised. I thought they were going to win in extra time. Even the fair and balanced ITV commentary team recognised that the tide had completely turned.

But now we will have a week (or more) of the worst possible England hype, and constant re-runs of Gareth Southgate pelanty misses to show what an exemplary manager he is (actually, he is) and how The Three Lions have achieved redemption. It will be sickening!
    They have the likeable Swedes next thank gawd. No danger of these dark thoughts returning to me.

More press hysteria, more hypocritical crap from pundits, and more pointless interviews with Jordan Cheating Henderson!
    Prepare yourself for TV interviews with people who went to school with the deity that his Harry Kane. Learn of how neatly arranged both pens were displayed in his breast pocket and how his tie was expertly knotted.

There was a news piece on him recently when the narrator stated that aged 14 Harry was a schoolboy. What else would he be at 14 FFS? A quantum physicist and part-time fecking traffic warden?!

Watch Hotel Inspector box set

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Prepare yourself for TV interviews with people who went to school with the deity that his Harry Kane. Learn of how neatly arranged both pens were displayed in his breast pocket and how his tie was expertly knotted.

There was a news piece on him recently when the narrator stated that aged 14 Harry was a schoolboy. What else would he be at 14 FFS? A quantum physicist and part-time fecking traffic warden?!
    A Watch On the Buses Re runs

The relief for Henderson when Dier scored. Collapsed to his knees and was 20 seconds behind the rest of them to celebrate. Meant so much to him... obviously I guess.

I even quite enjoy the blaring out of 3 lions after they win.

One minute England were 1-0 up after about an hour and the next it's 1.00 am and I'm wide awake. All I can say is that, far from being the "nerve shredding drama" as described on the BBC website I just read, England and Colombia sent me to sleep - people are saying this is the best World Cup ever, well July 3 wasn't one of it's best days, with the mechanical Swedes boring their way past a nondescript Swiss side and the first hour of England and Colombia having little to appeal to a neutral.
    Of course, I can't be a neutral while I have the commentary turned up on any England game, because the likes of Tyldesley and Hoddle just drive me naturally into the other team's camp (although, what I saw of Colombia had me wishing that England could, somehow, lose without them winning). I'm watching England with the sound turned down from now on, but then I suppose that makes it easier for them to send me to sleep again!

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    The relief for Henderson when Dier scored. Collapsed to his knees and was 20 seconds behind the rest of them to celebrate. Meant so much to him... obviously I guess.

I even quite enjoy the blaring out of 3 lions after they win.
    For once we win on pens that’s worth celebrating

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    One minute England were 1-0 up after about an hour and the next it's 1.00 am and I'm wide awake. All I can say is that, far from being the "nerve shredding drama" as described on the BBC website I just read, England and Colombia sent me to sleep - people are saying this is the best World Cup ever, well July 3 wasn't one of it's best days, with the mechanical Swedes boring their way past a nondescript Swiss side and the first hour of England and Colombia having little to appeal to a neutral.
    Of course, I can't be a neutral while I have the commentary turned up on any England game, because the likes of Tyldesley and Hoddle just drive me naturally into the other team's camp (although, what I saw of Colombia had me wishing that England could, somehow, lose without them winning). I'm watching England with the sound turned down from now on, but then I suppose that makes it easier for them to send me to sleep again!
    i slept through the whole game as well

Can’t deny that this English lot are perhaps the most likeable (if that’s at all possible) group that I’ve witnessed at a tournament. Unfortunately the media will be going into overdrive now on the back of those exceptional triumphs over the Tunisian & Panamanian giants, a gallant defeat of their seconds against Belgium seconds & a draw against a Colombian side who, if they’d have had the savvy to stick to football would have won with a bit to spare in my opinion. All hypothetical because of our inability to see games out in our qualifiers but I’d be disappointed if we didn’t reach the last 8 if we’d have had England’s route. Still, you can only play who’s in front of you and getting through by hook or by crook is all that matters.

I don't get this whole "England are likable" thing. Young, Vardy, Alli and Walker are all well-established bellends and there's a picture going round of Maguire and Stones celebrating in the Colombian's faces after the penalties

And on the press coverage, anyone who says "It the same i Wales are in it" needs their head read, it really isn't. It took until we actually reached the semi final with England out of the competition before they focused on us (they still talked about England at half-time in the Belgium game FFS) when in comparison, they were basically crowning England as champions after beating Panama