+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: COLOMBIA 1 - 1 ENGLAND. ENGLAND WIN ON PENALTIES

Re: FT: COLOMBIA 1 - 1 ENGLAND. ENGLAND WIN ON PENALTIES

Every paper this morning is about honest Ingurlund and dirty Colombians. !

No mention of Mcguire's DIVE, the Scouser's back head flip, Ali's falling over, Mcguire's barge on the touchline (yes he barged first)

AND, why no mention of that disallowed goal, when there was supposedly 2 balls on the pitch. ! Oh no there wasn't, it's just that the fat boy from Leicester got distracted.

If that had happened at the other end, I bet it would have been allowed

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    ......they were basically crowning England as champions after beating Panama
    Utter gash.

I agree that this current English bunch are likeable (although to be honest I quite liked the italia 90 team) and Southgate is a good bloke. I don’t get the sheer hatred from some of our own. We have a team full of English players, I’m sure a lot of us have got English family and mates (I have) and they’re all a smashing bunch and I’m delighted for them today.

****ing hard work hating, the older I get the more I’m realising this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Utter gash.
    Go on, pick out the one part of the post and take it completely out of the context of the comparison

OK

"It took until we actually reached the semi final with England out of the competition before they focused on us (they still talked about England at half-time in the Belgium game FFS) when in comparison, they were basically crowning England as champions after beating Panama."

Utter gash.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    OK

"It took until we actually reached the semi final with England out of the competition before they focused on us (they still talked about England at half-time in the Belgium game FFS) when in comparison, they were basically crowning England as champions after beating Panama."

Utter gash.
    😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I agree that this current English bunch are likeable (although to be honest I quite liked the italia 90 team) and Southgate is a good bloke. I don’t get the sheer hatred from some of our own. We have a team full of English players, I’m sure a lot of us have got English family and mates (I have) and they’re all a smashing bunch and I’m delighted for them today.

I agree with this though I still hate Tyldesley

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Prepare yourself for TV interviews with people who went to school with the deity that his Harry Kane. Learn of how neatly arranged both pens were displayed in his breast pocket and how his tie was expertly knotted.

There was a news piece on him recently when the narrator stated that aged 14 Harry was a schoolboy. What else would he be at 14 FFS? A quantum physicist and part-time fecking traffic warden?!
    Close.
    Jordan Pickford's PE teacher just on the news talking about his schooldays

First time I've watched the telly since last night.
    Saturday can't come quick enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    It's much nicer watching it on Spanish TV. I'd prefer not to watch it than watch it on ITV.....the BBC is not much better.

I just feel that watching the world cup would be much better if you could watch the coverage from a country that isn't participating. It seems like every spare minute is filled with interviews of boring england footballers and gushing interviewers on english tv. I just watch the game and pretty much turn off and get anything else from podcasts.

The totally football show is good. Most of the people participating are english and they manage to remain generally neutral. The coverage and talk seems to be pretty fair and not overly england-scentric. It can be done.

I think a large part of me wants England out so that we can actually get some insight on other teams, and not have the feeling that most teams apart from england are largely incidental.
    Good post.
    I reckon that's why so many expats are indifferent about England, the personalities, pundits and commentators we debate on here as they aren't subjected to it seemingly 24/7.

Dont get older then!!

Dont get older then!!
    **** OFF INGERLAND

Quote Originally Posted by welshwarrior View Post
    Dont get older then!!
    **** OFF INGERLAND
    Found the guy who wears a Welsh kilt! The ABE attitude is so embarrassing. Reeks of an inferiority complex, be proud of where you are from, not jealous of somewhere else!

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    The relief for Henderson when Dier scored. Collapsed to his knees and was 20 seconds behind the rest of them to celebrate. Meant so much to him... obviously I guess.

I even quite enjoy the blaring out of 3 lions after they win.
    I suppose its because Henderson is such a vital part of the English team fair play to him he really wants it?

Quote Originally Posted by ct_ccfc View Post
    Found the guy who wears a Welsh kilt! The ABE attitude is so embarrassing. Reeks of an inferiority complex, be proud of where you are from, not jealous of somewhere else!
    If you're proud of where you're from, you'd have no reason to support anyone else, no? It's the easy fallback into being British that suggests a lack of confidence in ourselves.

People can support or not support who they like. Personally I’ve never had that joyful malevolence feeling when England have lost as most English I know have always been quite supportive to both Wales and Ireland.

Swansea Ciry on the other hand..... 😃