+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Club Membership now on sale!

Club Membership now on sale!

Re: Club Membership now on sale!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    £25 for effectively sod all.

I do know a few dads who want to take their boys but cannot afford the 3 season tickets prices doesn't the 25 buck give you ;

• Early purchase a maximum of 2 tickets for a home league fixture ahead of general sale, at the discounted Club Membership rate*

• Ability to purchase no more than 1 ticket for away league fixtures*

• Discounted Club Membership ticket pricing, available up to and including matchdays

SuperBluebirds91

I wouldn’t say sod all exactly. It gives people a chance to get tickets prior to general public sales or home matches. There will probably be some general public tickets for some games but for very popular games they maybe harder to get hold of and having the membership gives you much more chance of getting them especially home tickets. They are even giving people the chance to buy 2 tickets with their memberships - that’s better than what season tickets holders are allowed! Lol. For away matches you have to have a membership and for some of the matches you should be able to get tickets however they’ll probably be a sales criteria and the popular games or grounds with smaller allocations may sell out to ST holders. They’ll give you a starting balance of £2.50 city cash which can be added to if you buy home tickets merchandise etc. Entry into a competition to win tickets.

I believe personally this season the general public will be able to get tickets BUT they’re wont be many left and in some cases sold out prior to general public sales etc. I’m sure last time the memberships were more expensive but cannot remember. £25 doesn’t sound too bad really.

It's £25 to jump the queue for home tickets and also potentially buy away tickets. It's a fair price.

Useful for us exiles who can't justify a season ticket but do a lot of aways.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Useful for us exiles who can't justify a season ticket but do a lot of aways.
    Exactly. That's why I always buy one.

I've got one. Worked well last time, hopefully will this season. Can't justify season ticket, even though I could afford it, when I may only be able to get to 4/5 games.

I picked one up for me and one for the the missus.

Being able to buy 2 tickets is a good thing provided they keep that rule for all matches. I remember last time we went up games against the "big 6" were limited to 1 per person so I couldn't take anyone, and all I had for company was a cup of overly hot coffee at half-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    £25 for effectively sod all.
    What a ridiculous comment. I now live in Scotland, and, for exiles like myself, a membership is invaluable for helping securing away tickets that are in the north of England. Also for getting a priority on home tickets when they become available which helps greatly when planning on whether to book flights back to Cardiff. It’s good value for money. Think again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    What a ridiculous comment. I now live in Scotland, and, for exiles like myself, a membership is invaluable for helping securing away tickets that are in the north of England. Also for getting a priority on home tickets when they become available which helps greatly when planning on whether to book flights back to Cardiff. It’s good value for money. Think again.
    You are discusses the advantage of the scheme rather than the value and cost. If loyal fans such of yourself and who attend several games a season could have their tickets £2 cheaper than they will be for non-members the loyal fans wouldn't be paying over the odds.

You are discusses the advantage of the scheme rather than the value and cost. If loyal fans such of yourself and who attend several games a season could have their tickets £2 cheaper than they will be for non-members the loyal fans wouldn't be paying over the odds.
    I’m sorry but this is nonsense. I think it is very good value for the advantages it affords me and I’m more than happy to pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    I’m sorry but this is nonsense. I think it is very good value for the advantages it affords me and I’m more than happy to pay it.
    Don't be sorry

Isn’t that the case ?

They give discounts on match tickets to members.

I was under the impression that was £2 per game last season- so if you attend 12-13 games then the membership pays for itself.

If you attend say 7 then it’s £11