+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oscar Lewicki

Oscar Lewicki

Swedish
    Latest one linked. Know anything about him?

Re: Oscar Lewicki

From Malmo?

Can't see Tan going for that!

Swedish apparently.

I think the Swedish league is better than league one or the SPL, we don't seem to have too many qualms about buying from those

15 full caps for Sweden but not included in the Sweden squad currently in Russia

A quick bit of googling suggests he's a defensive midfielder, with a good football brain.
    Was at Bayern as a kid.
    Was in the team of the tournament of the u21s euros a couple of years ago, and was tipped for big things, but hasn't progressed as expected.
    Has been linked with MLS sides, macaabi Tel Aviv and West ham, and now us.

The first mention of any link with us seems to be the other forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    A quick bit of googling suggests he's a defensive midfielder, with a good football brain.
    Was at Bayern as a kid.
    Was in the team of the tournament of the u21s euros a couple of years ago, and was tipped for big things, but hasn't progressed as expected.
    Has been linked with MLS sides, macaabi Tel Aviv and West ham, and now us.

The first mention of any link with us seems to be the other forum.
    It cropped up on twitter, from a guy with 300ish followers and describes himself as a "Malmo FF fan". I think it is probably cobblers but who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It cropped up on twitter, from a guy with 300ish followers and describes himself as a "Malmo FF fan". I think it is probably cobblers but who knows!
    Having never heard of the guy an hour ago, I am now fully invested in this move and will be disappointed if the club don't pull this off, if they are in fact actually interested

It was on to Twitter last week too

I think the Swedish league is better than league one or the SPL, we don't seem to have too many qualms about buying from those
    We havent bought anyone from those leagues since we Premier League club, and even when we did as a Championship club we didnt pay 7m

Lets hope hes better than the shower of shit we signed from Scandanavia the last time we were in the Prem.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We havent bought anyone from those leagues since we Premier League club, and even when we did as a Championship club we didnt pay 7m

Lets hope hes better than the shower of shit we signed from Scandanavia the last time we were in the Prem.
    15 caps for Sweden would suggest he's better than some of OGS signings

Scandinavia is a great place to sign players from as the culture isn't too different and they settle very well

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    15 caps for Sweden would suggest he's better than some of OGS signings

Scandinavia is a great place to sign players from as the culture isn't too different and they settle very well
    Yeah, the signings of Cornelius, Eikrem, Berget and Daehli were fantastic signings. They were all internationals too.

Yeah, the signings of Cornelius, Eikrem, Berget and Daehli were fantastic signings. They were all internationals too.
    I just can't see this happening. We've signed Reid, Smithies, Murphy and Cunningham. All of them are experienced players over here, who are British or Irish. To sign a 25 year old Swede, who's been in Sweden for the past 7 seasons is a bit of change from that policy.

Seb Larsson still plays for Sweden, Lewicki didn't make the squad, or the provisional one! That's not exactly a ringing endorsement of his abilities.

They weren't bad players, but OGS just didn't have a clue

Also Sweden is a harder team to get into than Norway

Seb Larsson starts for Sweden. Lewicki doesn't get in the squad. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement of his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Seb Larsson starts for Sweden. Lewicki doesn't get in the squad. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement of his abilities.
    Different sort of player though. Lewicki is a defensive midfielder whereas Larsson is more of a ball player.
    Sweden are very well drilled and hard to break down due to their formation and tactics, but lack much in the way of creativity going forward, so I'm not that surprised they wanted to take Larsson

They weren't bad players, but OGS just didn't have a clue
    Is this for real, or a WhoooooooooooooooooooSHing moment ???

Eikrem, is plying his trade in the USofA, at Seattle, aged 27, good my arse

Berget, similar, at New York, again 27 years of age

The other fella Daehli, well, he would not get into Bridgend Street's side. To lightweight and done sod all, here's his record at age 23

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mats_M...ler_D%C3%A6hli

These were not and are not good enough players for the EFL, at any level.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Is this for real, or a WhoooooooooooooooooooSHing moment ???

Eikrem, is plying his trade in the USofA, at Seattle, aged 27, good my arse

Berget, similar, at New York, again 27 years of age

The other fella Daehli, well, he would not get into Bridgend Street's side. To lightweight and done sod all, here's his record at age 23

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mats_M...ler_D%C3%A6hli

These were not and are not good enough players for the EFL, at any level.
    Cornelius is playing in serie A, and played in the last 16 of the world cup

Dæhli plays in 2 bundesliga

Eikrem has played in the top leagues in Holland, Sweden and now the usa, all of which are a decent standard.

But on the basis of a tiny number of games they played in a side that was completely non-functional you have deemed them to be not good enough for football in England at any level?

Cornelius is playing in serie A, and played in the last 16 of the world cup

Dæhli plays in 2 bundesliga

Eikrem has played in the top leagues in Holland, Sweden and now the usa, all of which are a decent standard.

But on the basis of a tiny number of games they played in a side that was completely non-functional you have deemed them to be not good enough for football in England at any level?
    I never even mentioned the "DONKEY" and we all seen how he coped in the World Cup.

He must have some damming evidence on someone at the Danish FA.

Different sort of player though. Lewicki is a defensive midfielder whereas Larsson is more of a ball player.
    Sweden are very well drilled and hard to break down due to their formation and tactics, but lack much in the way of creativity going forward, so I'm not that surprised they wanted to take Larsson
    He should be in the squad if we're looking to buy him. If he'd genuinely cost £7m, I'd rather spend an extra £1.8m and get Arslan who's playing in a much better league for a much bigger club. I wouldn't be surprised if we're waiting on Arter/Gosling however.

Perhaps that would explain why he cant get into the Sweden team for the last 2 years, bar for 1 friendly then.

I dont believe for one second we are going to pay 7m for this signing. Hes not even a current international.

Calm down, Scandinavians are known to settle well and the players tend to be cheaper and under-valued compared to other nations

All 4 were decent players, not their fault they were injured (Cornelius)/Soslkjaer was incompetent

Here is the team of the tournament from the 2015 U21 european championships

Several of those are playing for big clubs now, or at least at top leagues. I think it is safe to say that Lewicki hs progressed the least from this point.

But you never know if we do sign him, there was obviously some talent there, and Warnock can get players performing at their best

Goalkeeper
    Portugal José Sá

Defenders
    Sweden Victor Lindelöf
    Sweden Filip Helander
    Denmark Jannik Vestergaard
    Portugal Raphaël Guerreiro

Midfielders
    Portugal William Carvalho
    Sweden Oscar Lewicki
    England Nathan Redmond
    Portugal Bernardo Silva