+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Craig Bryson signing

Craig Bryson signing

1.5m
    Solid signing but we need a bit of class in midfield.

Re: Craig Bryson signing

We need numbers too, and that’s a decent fee for someone who can do a job.

Definitely need a little bit of class in there too though.

Taken me a bit by surprise but can't help feeling that either Gunnar or Marko will not be signing. Either way we need more quality in midfield. Bryson will be a squad player.

I like bryson his energy and non stop running will be needed when we're chasing shadows in some games

I'm a bit underwhelmed

Back filling for year after next perhaps, solid performer ,not premiership quality ,but will be able to come off the bench with energy and commitement to close out a games , and cover for potential departure of Gunnerson , at that price he's cheap buy.

Seems a big fee for a ‘squad player’ who wasn’t 1st choice in the Championship, unwanted by Derby and not a youngster either.

As suggested it seems to say Gunnar won’t be signing

Prefer Bryson to Gunnars

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I like bryson his energy and non stop running will be needed when we're chasing shadows in some games
    Well all Bryson did last year was chase shadows . Usually arrived too late to catch any unfortunately. What a disappointing signing. We will need a bit more than hard work next season. At the moment the midfield looks nowhere near the required standard.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm a bit underwhelmed
    Agreed. While he did a decent job in the Championship, we need to improve the quality of our midfield, not stand still.

I like him and I hope this is true

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Prefer Bryson to Gunnars
    Has Bryson got a long throw though?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Has Bryson got a long throw though?
    I dunno - has he?

The fee is peanuts for someone who knows us, won't have a problem integrating and can do a decent job. He's a better passer of the ball than Gunnarsson and works his ass off. I'll be happy if he does join.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm a bit underwhelmed
    Likewise.

I like Bryson's workrate and attitude, but we need more than an ankle-biting terrier.

Then again, I expected a bit more from him last season based on what I had seen of him for Derby in previous seasons - and maybe he has that 'more' to offer? Or is that just wishful thinking?

I understand this signing but I'm sure all of us can agree we are waiting for more.

Cardiff definitely need to strengthen central midfield beyond this potential signing of Bryson. They also need to bolster right back and add an option upfront. Hoping Cardiff can attract some real quality before the window closes on August 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    I understand this signing but I'm sure all of us can agree we are waiting for more.

Cardiff definitely need to strengthen central midfield beyond this potential signing of Bryson. They also need to bolster right back and add an option upfront. Hoping Cardiff can attract some real quality before the window closes on August 9th.
    I agree with the right back requirement. I see Flannagan has been released by Liverpool. Unless he has a bad injury that would be an excellent signing.

We need 25 players how many have we got so far ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I agree with the right back requirement. I see Flannagan has been released by Liverpool. Unless he has a bad injury that would be an excellent signing.
    Signed for Rangers last month.

Sensible signing, especially at that price

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I dunno - has he?
    Not sure why I included your post sorry.

I was alluding to the fact that we would need to get someone in with a Gunnarsson type long throw as it seems to be one of our most popular ways of getting the ball in the box.

Of course Morrisson was very effective deputising but I'd rather see him on the end of them.

Is this official ? Can’t see it anywhere.

Great signing.
    He has been a great player for us. Every team needs a dog in midfield and he is ours.
    We needed a few midfielders now we have one... He may be a shadow of his former self but he’s experienced and is a Warnock type player.
    £1.5M is good for a back up midfielder who knows the squad and is integrated

Meh

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    We need 25 players how many have we got so far ?
    29 inc Bryson at the mo

Definite leavers Camp, Gunnar, O'keefe, Healy, Bogle
    Possible leavers Connelly, Madine, Tomlin, Pilkington