+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Craig Bryson signing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Craig Bryson signing

1.5m
    Solid signing but we need a bit of class in midfield.

Re: Craig Bryson signing

We need numbers too, and that’s a decent fee for someone who can do a job.

Definitely need a little bit of class in there too though.

Taken me a bit by surprise but can't help feeling that either Gunnar or Marko will not be signing. Either way we need more quality in midfield. Bryson will be a squad player.

I like bryson his energy and non stop running will be needed when we're chasing shadows in some games

I'm a bit underwhelmed

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm a bit underwhelmed
    Agreed. While he did a decent job in the Championship, we need to improve the quality of our midfield, not stand still.

I like him and I hope this is true

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm a bit underwhelmed
    Likewise.

I like Bryson's workrate and attitude, but we need more than an ankle-biting terrier.

Then again, I expected a bit more from him last season based on what I had seen of him for Derby in previous seasons - and maybe he has that 'more' to offer? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Back filling for year after next perhaps, solid performer ,not premiership quality ,but will be able to come off the bench with energy and commitement to close out a games , and cover for potential departure of Gunnerson , at that price he's cheap buy.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Back filling for year after next perhaps, solid performer ,not premiership quality ,but will be able to come off the bench with energy and commitement to close out a games , and cover for potential departure of Gunnerson , at that price he's cheap buy.
    Even if he's only on £20k/wk for, shall we say, a 2 yr contract that's £2m wages plus the £1.75m fee plus agents' fees. That's £4m spent on the transfer. That's hardly cheap for someone who was peripheral in the Championship.

StT.
    <><

Seems a big fee for a ‘squad player’ who wasn’t 1st choice in the Championship, unwanted by Derby and not a youngster either.

As suggested it seems to say Gunnar won’t be signing

Prefer Bryson to Gunnars

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I like bryson his energy and non stop running will be needed when we're chasing shadows in some games
    Well all Bryson did last year was chase shadows . Usually arrived too late to catch any unfortunately. What a disappointing signing. We will need a bit more than hard work next season. At the moment the midfield looks nowhere near the required standard.

I'm disappointed by the resigning of Bryson. As you say, he arrives seconds too late, the opposition just pass it easily around him, he doesn't even have a sense as to where the ball might be played next, so as to try to cut off that option.
    His passing and ball retention not great either - actually, it's a bit unfair to criticise his ball retention as he seldom gets hold of the ball in the first place!
    I can only hope he comes on in the last 10 minutes of games to hussle the opposition, that's all he's good for.

Underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I'm disappointed by the resigning of Bryson. As you say, he arrives seconds too late, the opposition just pass it easily around him, he doesn't even have a sense as to where the ball might be played next, so as to try to cut off that option.
    His passing and ball retention not great either - actually, it's a bit unfair to criticise his ball retention as he seldom gets hold of the ball in the first place!
    I can only hope he comes on in the last 10 minutes of games to hussle the opposition, that's all he's good for.

Underwhelming.
    I agree with virtually every word of that. I would say that Bryson did improve a bit towards the end of the season, but I don't get why we should be interested in a box to box midfielder who will be 32 during the coming season and has never played in the Premier League in his life. However, although I'm sure our manager will not lose one second's sleep about this if he finds out, it's just more proof that Neil Warnock's idea of what makes a good central midfield player would appear to be vary an awful lot from mine!
    I thought central midfield was the weakest part of the team last season, but by, apparently, putting this offer in for Bryson, having talks with Liverpool about Grujic coming here for a second loan spell and offering Gunnar what we are told is a very good deal, our manager has to be saying that he was satisfied with how things went in that part of the team doesn't he?
    All things considered, I'm pretty satisfied with our signings up to now and, having expressed my bafflement at some of his selections before the start of matches we ended up winning last season, I accept that he may just know more about the game than me, but I fear that good work in other positions could be undermined if we go into the Premier League season with a central midfield that, too often. struggled to impose itself in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Prefer Bryson to Gunnars
    Has Bryson got a long throw though?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Has Bryson got a long throw though?
    I dunno - has he?

The fee is peanuts for someone who knows us, won't have a problem integrating and can do a decent job. He's a better passer of the ball than Gunnarsson and works his ass off. I'll be happy if he does join.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    The fee is peanuts for someone who knows us, won't have a problem integrating and can do a decent job. He's a better passer of the ball than Gunnarsson and works his ass off. I'll be happy if he does join.
    That's the point some people are missing. He knows how to survive and fight back, not give up. He proved that. So welcome.

I understand this signing but I'm sure all of us can agree we are waiting for more.

Cardiff definitely need to strengthen central midfield beyond this potential signing of Bryson. They also need to bolster right back and add an option upfront. Hoping Cardiff can attract some real quality before the window closes on August 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    I understand this signing but I'm sure all of us can agree we are waiting for more.

Cardiff definitely need to strengthen central midfield beyond this potential signing of Bryson. They also need to bolster right back and add an option upfront. Hoping Cardiff can attract some real quality before the window closes on August 9th.
    I agree with the right back requirement. I see Flannagan has been released by Liverpool. Unless he has a bad injury that would be an excellent signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I agree with the right back requirement. I see Flannagan has been released by Liverpool. Unless he has a bad injury that would be an excellent signing.
    Signed for Rangers last month.

We need 25 players how many have we got so far ?

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    We need 25 players how many have we got so far ?
    29 inc Bryson at the mo

Definite leavers Camp, Gunnar, O'keefe, Healy, Bogle
    Possible leavers Connelly, Madine, Tomlin, Pilkington

Quote Originally Posted by I'll give you the Malky!! View Post
    29 inc Bryson at the mo

Definite leavers Camp, Gunnar, O'keefe, Healy, Bogle
    Possible leavers Connelly, Madine, Tomlin, Pilkington

Gunnar has already gone. He may come back, but he is now out of contract.